• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found this original at a good price on Etsy

pathdoc2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 4.33.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 4.33.59 PM.png
    797.5 KB · Views: 229

Edward

Waldes zipper? WOW those pockets are HUGE!!!! lol! .. Styled by “Kurland Star Sportswear” ... private purchase civilian not military issue...most likely post war. (1945-1947 at the earliest) Kurland jackets were made in the 50 and 60s and I believe into the early 70s as well) nice looking though but those pockets go all the way up to the armpit!

il_794xN.2052266111_i84z.jpg
il_794xN.2052266475_s6ii.jpg

il_794xN.2052265805_hnwr.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

oh I'm familiar with Star Sportswear. however judging by the size of those pockets when would you say this was in production? Its certainly way off from military spec.

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

oh I'm familiar with Star Sportswear. however judging by the size of those pockets when would you say this was in production? Its certainly way off from military spec.
I think you’re pretty much there with ‘45-‘47, possibly 50’s. Several companies made similar jackets, based on military jackets with mods like handwarmer pockets and detachable fur collars for the civilian market. Star made others which were closer to the A-2 design. It’s still going on to this day! Had a couple myself when I was starting out with flight jackets.

Flightengineer

Although it is far from military specifications, it looks not bad, and these huge pockets can be very practical. My not the biggest smartphone and a wallet fit in the pockets of my A2 very closely but here you can put car keys and much more or may be even an elephant.
It is a little confusing that the jacket is insulated. With such a short length, it is still more for summer than winter.
If it cost half the price, I would probably buy it as it is my size too.