• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foreign Flight Jackets?

CombatWombat

I must admit that America has a mind boggling variety of flight paraphernalia..... and Australia does have our unique jackets....but unfortunately we're a bit bland (like most smaller US allies) in our flight gear

B-Man2

Interesting conversation. While I can see everyone’s point of view regarding the title of this section …… the point of it all sort of escapes me. The reason being is, that for the most part this section doesn’t really get a lot of posts. Actually this may be one of the longer threads “Foreign Flights Jackets “ has seen lately. I wouldn’t call 78 Messages a real player in comparison to the rest of the topic totals. But just expressing an opinion .
Cheers

mulceber

All that’s true, but I think what people are hinting is that they’d like to see the name of this section changed. And…yeah, that seems reasonable. It’ll take the admin who makes the change about 2 minutes and if it makes people happy and it’s still clear which jackets are covered by this section, I can’t think of any good reason not to do it. :)

John Lever

I think it was meant to be about jackets from non English speaking countries, possibly also from non allied countries in WW2 ?
That's the only explanation I can think of.

mulceber

Personally have always viewed or read this section as purely that, with maybe the exception of Irvins!

That's an interesting question - what category do Irvins fall into? I wouldn't have thought to put them in this section of the board, but it seems others do. I understand the logic, but I guess I always assumed that this section was mainly jackets from outside the anglophone world.

B-Man2

Well … I guess we as a group should petition the mods for a change to the title of the thread. Unless there’s another way of accomplishing the task.
Any suggestions ?