• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR LEADSKY IN OZ

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew this ones for you .

061.jpg

Heading your way tomorrow .All the best Jeff

Andrew

Wow, thanks Jeff, you're going to have to accept something this time!

What a cool couple of images they picked, that Jolly Rogers is fantastic.

carolelandis.jpg

I'll pm ya.

Weasel_Loader

90th Bomb Group is da BOMB!!!

My uncle flew with 319th Bomb Squadron. (Asterperious)

Tail #344 was the aircraft my uncle and his crew ditched into the Philippine sea in early 1945.

Tail344jeep.jpg

Tail344colorcopy1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew after studing the cover of the book which I copied the patches on I noticed the jolly roger patch was smaller so I made another one to similar scale .I also put more of a sinister smile on the skulls similar to the one picture you posted ,the skull designs are all different when ever you see a patch or painting but the one commom item is the missing tooth .

008-2.jpg

I also made you a 5th airforce for your display to give the group a theme

006-2.jpg

Let me know when you get in touch with the vet regarding the patch for him ,I will send these on to you tomorrow .This lot will be the last that I post as there is no interest in the patches I do .Andrew PM me your address again thanks.

All the best Jeff

Andrew

Jeff, I reckon you should keep posting these if you continue to make them- which you should do. I'm sure they are appreciated even though comments appear to be slim, and i'm not just saying that for the obvious reasons. It's one thing to post your work but I understand that it's also good to get feedback and lack of it can piss one off. However I'm often impressed by the amount of talent exhibited on this forum by self taught artists and I still believe it's a reflection of how they were made back then. Keep them coming if you keep making them.

Thanks for putting all these together for me, you are indeed a gentleman and skilled as well. It's an excellent grouping to have together and i'll add the 380th patch in as well. Nice to get the 5th patch too as I love that design- funny, I just bought a felt repro one from Brittsbits but had to send it back as it was almost black, so this is great to get. I do have an original Australian made felt one although it's only 3" across so I guess it was made for a shoulder.

I'll send you the details but you need to send me your paypal address in return.

I'll have to try to contact that Vet this week. Putting off that sort of thing with these guys (at this stage of their lives) is not a good idea. I'll let you know the outcome but i'm sure he'll be stoked.

TankBuster

Jeff,
I agree with Andrew, your patches are really nice! I've noticed a big change in the quality since you started posting. I think you're really starting to nail "The Look".
The 5th AAF patch is fantastic.

Chris217

Jeff, please keep posting pics of your patches! I have really enjoyed your creations and would hate for that to end. Your patches have made this section of the forum come to life.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Jeff and Andrew for your comments ,Andrew I made up the Carol Landis patch you posted to add to your lot .Thanks for the address they will go out tomorrow .

076.jpg

All the best Jeff

A

Anonymous

Hi Chris thanks for your comments ,I putting together some patches for you and Jeff and will send out later this week .The leather layer patches are not of much interest to this forum .But I will post some on a less regular basis ,these will be ones that I think are very rare and worth posting because they have always been made in a leather layered type .Chris did you apply the patches to your jacket yet ? just wondering .Carlo wop54 bought a patch off me for his jacket ,so far my patches are in Australia ,Italy ,Holland , USA,China,.

Rgds Jeff

Andrew

Hey Jeff, spoke with Ed Crabtree yesterday. He's the Vet who flew with 530thBS/ 380BG for 9 months in 1943. Great guy and really interesting discussion.

A bit of history. He was a Flt Lt in the RAAF and was posted in 1943 to Fenton Field Northern Territory to fly with the 380th after they arrived in Australia. The idea was that he and initially four others would be trained and later become B-24 Instructors. He started as a co-Pilot and later became a Commander (The only Australian to become a Command Pilot in the USAAF during the War).

Whilst he was in the Top End with the 530BS the RAAF lost him so he wasn't able to get re-supplied with RAAF uniforms etc, no service pay and the Americans felt he needed better gear anyway so he was issued an A-2, uniform. boots, crusher and sidearm in shoulder holster (they wouldn't let him take his hip holstered Webley up as they said it could get snagged and go off). Eventually the RAAF authorities remembered him and was ordered to report to the local Air Vice Marshall who reprimanded him for being out of uniform! He had to give everyrthing back in the end (incl the jacket) but he did keep the .45.

Anyhow, he's now helping with the rebuild of the only Lib in Australia, and he was the last to fly this particular A/C before it ended up becoming a temporary house for many years. He's looking forward to seeing your work and he's very appreciative. He's not contactable by email, only snail mail and i'll pm you his address. The 530th is a cool image of Buggs on a bomb. I'm sure he'd love a 5th patch as well. Shame he doesn't haven an A-2 to stick them on but they will most likely go straight to the Museum they are putting together- so there you go- immortalized!

Here's some links to some of his old shots and another of the rebuild;

http://www.oldcmp.net/lib1.html

http://www.oldcmp.net/B24_1.html

http://b24australia.org.au/home.html

lazar

DUBOWA2 said:

Hi Jeff,
this is the happiest looking, bomb throwing, skull I ever saw!
Your patches are really great and your craftmanship is getting better and better! I really like the look of your layered patches! So please don´t stop posting pictures of your unique work!

Mathias

Andrew

Thanks for these Jeff, i love em- especially all together and side by side with a couple of originals and another I have by Jerome. This is roughly put together and i'll improve the framing later. The one's for the kids are also fantastic. You are a legend.

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg