• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flight Jacket worn by Steve Mcqueen!

B-Man2

Wow! $129.00 for a Hilts repro ..
My God … I’ve wasted way too much money when I could have had this quality repro for far less than a 5 Star……
C25EB7D9-E8F6-4149-ACB0-A533EB8B4A67.gif

Enigma1938

Color: Black.

:rolleyes:
  • External: Faux / Real / Cow Hide Leather
  • Internal: Viscose Lining
  • Closure: YKK Zipper Closure
  • Pockets: Two Side Waist and Two Inside Pockets
  • Color: Black
Yep, sounds like a darn good (faux) leather jacket :cool:

Jameelur

it is generally considered to be an original rough wear contract [there is some debate as to which contract] that had been depot redyed, and reissued. rumor has it that the McQueen jacket is now owned by a collector in Japan. on a side note, if you go to the Eastman leather or the bill Kelso site, you will see reproductions of this jacket
Thanks Silver surfer, I visited both sites, they have posted this fabulous jacket with history note.

Jameelur

The only way you can hope to have any success with this, is to find a beat up original A-2 from WW2
It may take some work to find one, and will cost a bit, but you will need this is be able to copy the pattern correctly.
To be able to is=nspect the details, the nuances and how its been put together.

These jackets were created back in the 30s and 40s and the way they were patterned and made (materials aside) is very different to the modern 'bomber' renditions today.
You simply cannot copy these jackets by eye or from photos, and expect to be taken seriously by anyone who knows anything about these jackets.

AVI Leather and Five Star have been through this same process over the last couple of years.
Thank you Brett, I understand true quality works takes time. Currently I'm seeing a huge date on VLJ. As I started working on it I'll share the progress here.

Thanks again,

Jameelur

Hey all,
Thank you for your support and guidance.
I'm lucky enough to have friends who are willing to help me. Your provided feedback and guidance, and your support will keep me going even when I reach the destination.
Although, I have expirance about movies replicas jacket.
I'm not interested to doing dozen of cheap jackets but I willing to start making exclusive vintage jackets for exclusive clients.

Thanks,
Jameel Ur

Last edited:

JonnyCrow

I was thinking it could be a combo thing -- like car seats that have real leather facing and vinyl backs.

Maybe the Hilts has a leather front, leather front sleeves, and all the rest is pleather? :D
Like women's knickers now only have a lace front haha