• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flight Jacket Update from At The Front

CBI

Sounds like some good things will be available someday! Very cool that his Luftwaffe Channel jacket idea is moving forward! Don't forget, sarcasm in his posts are par for the course!

from the ATF Blog today:

Bomber Jackets: Sample B10 and B15's came in. Almost correct- but not sure how long the adjustments will take. I suspect we'll receive production jackets just in time for Memorial Day. The Channel Jacket guinea pig should also arrive within the next few weeks. Maybe we'll make it in Unnumbered Polydot.

B-Man2

Should be interesting to see the results from ATF and compare them to Bronson’s in this area. I hope ATF really hits a home run this time out.

ausreenactor

Should be interesting to see the results from ATF and compare them to Bronson’s in this area. I hope ATF really hits a home run this time out.

To be honest, they are likely to be coming off the same production lines...

ATF do strive for the highest standards at the best price point for buyers. Offering a version without the decal was very clever too.

Don't get me wrong. I have over invested in ATF kit over the years. All sitting here in the bags. Not being able to produce USMC stuff is a pain. Not sure how WWII Impressions and SM Wholesale are happy to pay the licensing fees. Would assume ATF move more kit than both of them combined?

B-15 will be on the radar when they drop.

B-Man2

To be honest, they are likely to be coming off the same production lines...

ATF do strive for the highest standards at the best price point for buyers. Offering a version without the decal was very clever too.

Don't get me wrong. I have over invested in ATF kit over the years. All sitting here in the bags. Not being able to produce USMC stuff is a pain. Not sure how WWII Impressions and SM Wholesale are happy to pay the licensing fees. Would assume ATF move more kit than both of them combined?

B-15 will be on the radar when they drop.
Trevor
Do you collect most of you kit for displays , for re-enacting, or just for occasionally wearing ?
You’ve got some great stuff which you’ve showed us from time to time . Just wondering.

ausreenactor

The compulsion just mandates I need to have one of everything and a spare if possible.. ;)

The collection started with The Encyclopedia of WWII back in High School. The colour plates are all in a condensed version and there was a pic of a 2LT and a DDay SSGT. I had to have their kit. Had the M1 Helmet and a Melbourne made M-41 jacket. Got some leggings, some insignia at Gun Shows and then just kept going. Intent will be to whack the non-wool stuff on mannequins with the field gear. Have WW1 through to Vietnam. Army, AAF, Marine Corps.. Sadly all the dummy guns have to be locked up. If I alarm the shed I might be able to get away with it. Will outlive Tianna for sure and will replace her with fifty or so mannequins I can't have now. They scare her? Anyhoo..

There will come a day in my retirement where I will start to move it all on. When the exchange rate is just right. Our dollar hit USD$0.55 this year for a week or two. Only had a couple of things on hand to sell. RM C-2 Sweater that I doubled my money on.

Beyond 60? Just a few select uniforms and bits of field kit to ponder over...And all of the keeper jackets..

ausreenactor

20201105_135811.jpg
20201105_135847.jpg
20201105_135823.jpg
20201105_135900.jpg
20201105_135906.jpg
20201105_135923.jpg

B-Man2

It is an interesting hobby and a great way to learn about a period in history, when our fathers and grandfathers fought for their countries and the preservation of their freedoms . Nice collections !

ausreenactor

It is an interesting hobby and a great way to learn about a period in history, when our fathers and grandfathers fought for their countries and the preservation of their freedoms . Nice collections !

I just go down too many wormholes. US Navy, Dutch Commando, French SAS, LRDG, Indo China - Commando Nord. I have $500 worth of WWII French 7e RCA insignia? Three badges/patches! Nuts. All to go on an M-41 or Tanker at some stage...

ausreenactor

I always wondered about the reasoning for making 2nd Lt. bar gold in color and 1st Lt. silver. You would think that gold being more valuable than silver, would indicate a higher rank.
Gold is softer than silver and more workable than silver. This is the concept. Easier to shape and influence a 2LT and a MAJ than an LT or LTCOL.

Spitfireace

That is some twisted reasoning, but something I would expect out of the military I guess. That must have started way back. Would take some research to find out when. The more experienced you are the more hardened you are.

ausreenactor

That is some twisted reasoning, but something I would expect out of the military I guess. That must have started way back. Would take some research to find out when. The more experienced you are the more hardened you are.
And some say the longer you have been 'out the better you were.