• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flight Jacket Authentication

nsoul

I found this flight jacket at my local thrift store and was curious if it’s legit or not. It feels and smells like genuine leather. I’m wondering if anyone can identify if this is real or the time period of it. I can’t find much about it online. Thanks.
90B293A4-AD4D-4A12-8FD9-D480B831FC23.jpeg
AFB7738D-BAA4-427C-BA94-A2D7448D529E.jpeg
A3B65D58-C39D-4130-BBAC-1DC195366665.jpeg
DAB0793E-A056-4561-93A8-C9891110F575.jpeg

B-Man2

Hi Nsoul
Welcome to VLJ.
Regarding your jacket . It’s made by a company that did make flight jackets at one time for the military. However , this jacket is not an actual military issued jacket. It’s a jacket designed to look like a military jacket and given a military sounding name , the G-8. It’s a good jacket but just not a military issued one.

nsoul

Hi Nsoul
Welcome to VLJ.
Regarding your jacket . It’s made by a company that did make flight jackets at one time for the military. However , this jacket is not an actual military issued jacket. It’s a jacket designed to look like a military jacket and given a military sounding name , the G-8. It’s a good jacket but just not a military issued one.
Thank you B-Man2. Do you know if it possible to figure out the year the jacket was produced?

MikeyB-17

That is, to all intents and purposes, a leather M-444. So basically a leather version of an actual US Navy issued sheepskin jacket. A nice, practical jacket, I wouldn’t mind one myself. And yeah, I reckon it’s goat too, which for a Navy jacket, would make sense.