• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fivestar Werber Sportswear

Nnatalie

Yeah, I think this women’s A-2 jacket messes with the formula much more than it needs to. Of course, if that’s what the customer wants, it’s what the customer wants. But going forward, I’d say just develop a women’s size chart for the A-2 jacket: same basic fit and proportions, just smaller sizes and significantly shorter. @JimO is right about the length issue. My wife can find an A-2 jacket that would fit her in terms of pit-to-pit, but the arms would be bunching up something crazy.

@Nnatalie, would you like to comment on this offering? ;)

I agree with what’s been said thus far. Only change that I’d make to a regular A-2 besides shrinking it down generally and cutting some length are probably trimming down the shoulder width and potentially tapering a touch more into the waist. I’d definitely want the jacket to have the knit waistband at or just a little below my waist. Pockets should be scaled down proportionately.

I do generally prefer more fitted garments that are shaped for my body rather than a man’s. That being said, in the case of an A-2, I wouldn’t want something that looked too much like a women’s jacket, because the originals weren’t women’s jackets. I’m having Shawn make a repro of my women’s civilian jacket, and that one I am getting taken in a touch more in the waist compared to the original, because the style was meant for a woman’s body.

That being said, options are always good, so why not have a standard version (with short, regular, and long), and then some photos of ways you can customize it further?

stanier

B-Man2

Those pockets are huge ... They go half way up the torso of the jacket . Definitely need to be scaled down. I don’t think that would sell in its present configuration. Too extreme as far as size of pockets , taper of torso, length of jacket and no one has mentioned yet but the knits need to be scaled down to the size of the sleeves.

Shawn Ali

Quite a controversial design in my opinion, although the client is always right, and since someone ordered this, she probably wanted exactly that.
My daughter wants a regular A2, but just in her size, as WASP women wore during WW2.
This fitted A2 looks rather strange.
This jacket is for a girl under 18 and was a gift, so its made on custom requirements and size details.

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Way too over tapered . It distorts the look of the A2 jacket . But if that’s what was ordered then so be it.
This Jacket is tailored at custom fitting, so all the details like Bust, Waist and Hem was tailored on custom requirements.

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Too much taper Shawn.

The A-2 is a "blouson" type jacket so it's technically designed to flare and hang over the waistband. You can obviously have a drop from chest/bust to waist for a woman's jacket due to the female form but I think you've gone too far there.
I agree, But to follow Customers size requirements is mandatory. Few days back we also made some A-2 and got some Happy customer pics, which totally has a different. Please find some images attached.

KvxtOlo copy.jpg

106737367_214198423033481_3395584751706449313_n copy.jpg

106527221_735411763668020_5205362305489696157_n copy.jpg

106263362_581836282527948_5671310116990636578_n copy.jpg

So How a customers needs fitting is totally depends on his/her own interests.

Best Regards

Shawn

Nnatalie

It looks good on her not as extreme as the previous photos would suggest, she got what she asked for and she wears it well and why not.

My thoughts exactly. It looks great on her, and not as long as I thought it would based on the manikin picture. Unless you’re going into reenacting or costuming a movie, wear what you like! I imagine she wanted the historical elements of an A-2, but also a fitted-style jacket, and it succeeds on both of those grounds. Might not be what my personal A-2 would be like, but it’s a lovely jacket.

JimO

But to follow Customers size requirements is mandatory. Few days back we also made some A-2 and got some Happy customer pics, which totally has a different. Please find some images attached.

Looks like the young lady specified the correct measurements and (as usual) Five Star reproduced them perfectly.

GREAT job, Shawn!

Smithy

stanier

Yikes, what's this posting doing on a Vintage Leather Jackets forum? Seems more appropriate for Forever 17.

This is what I don't understand. Over the last 12 - 18 months somewhere and somehow along the way we seem to have slipped from drooling over the latest details creation from Goodwear, or debating the merits of ELC's new leather, the cut of Aero's fleece or the accuracy of Buzz's latest annual B-10 repro etc down to picking over jackets that are bargain prices with some vague echo of a repro of repro of a wwii jacket with the justification that the customer service is great, you can have any customisation you want and the prices are really cheap? Really? Is that what we've come to? It's not just 5 star, we seem to drool now over sub 100 buck Chinese 20% acrylic "value" B-10's, L2a's etc as much as anything else.

And much as I like young ladies, is the jacket above relevant on this forum? I hardly dare post about my mid summer madness yearning for an ELC Perry B-3 anymore... it just doesn't feel relevant. How long will it be before we're picking over the forthcoming Frakenstein'esque B-3's and heaping praise on their practicality, pricing and easy purchase. They feel what's relavant on this forum now.

I really dont mean to be unkind to anyone, and just my opinion. I totally get that not everyone has bundles of cash to layout on jackets and we all have to start somewhere and a cheaper entry point is nice, and at the end of the day whatever we spend our hard earned cash on is (rightly) entirely our individual choice but my observation is as VLJ forum we're losing our way somewhat.

Members online

Latest posts