• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR Poughkeepsie

YoungMedic

I have just received a FIVESTAR Poughkeepsie in Russet Steerhide with mid brown knits. I had requested Shawn center the snaps on the pocket as his initial demo showed they were off center exactly as his original model was referenced. I would have been fine with this but I thought this was also an opportunity to showcase the model with centered snaps. The steerhide is great, I have a Werber in the same and this hide is just a little bit thicker and makes it right about on par with the thickness of the steer on my DD and Goodwear. Shawn was able to put a NOS Talon Zipper in for me, and my personal taste is I like the heavier zipper than the reproductions. There is not much more to add than the pictures don't tell. I am completely satisfied again with another great FIVESTAR jacket Shawn and his team have turned out for me, and can't wait to wear this one for the rest of jacket season.

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0210.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg
IMG_0218.jpg
IMG_0219.jpg

jack31916

The jacket looks very nice especïally with the NOS Talon Zipper ! Enjoy wearing it !!

A pitty that FS still use the wrong type of press studs with a very poor and sloppy setting.... ( noticed the same on the FS B-3 ).

ausreenactor

It’s difficult, people are wanting GW or ELC jackets but for 5* prices, I just don’t think anyone could do that and make it a profitable business

Great point. This jacket today is miles beyond the Flight Jackets, US Authentic and Cockpit stuff that commanded higher prices... and possibly still do.

I will commit to a FiveStar Dubow in goat next pay. Sitting on the sidelines for way too long.

YoungMedic

That looks great! Esp for the price... I love the colour... Fit looks spot on.
Ive never seen an original Poughkeepsie. Whats that seam running up from the label?

Apparently that is how they were sewn in. Not sure about 100% fidelity but that's how I've seen others done