• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Reproduction of M444 Jacket

ties70

Couchy,

if @Shawn Ali is lucky (and the increased feedback after showing the three new shades on the FB page seems to be a good indicator), all the hides will be turned into (sold) jackets before they make it to the website!

Ties

Honestly, we gotta cut the guy some slack.
The hides were made with special contracts (Werber, Star, Poughkeepsie) in mind, and I am pretty sure that immediately after showing us the horsehide, FiveStar got swamped with orders and change orders for a lot of jackets...not necessarily these three contracts, which are hopefully developed right now.

I am sure, they are busy at FS....The duotone sheepskin B-3 hasn't made the website, either.

Ties

daw

New Fivestar m444 on its way to me in the next couple of days. Will post impressions and fit pics soon. Here are a couple of the photos sent to me prior to shipping.
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-29 at 5.49.10 PM (3).jpeg
front.jpeg

daw

So my new Fivestar m444 arrived.

My impressions: This is a really well-made jacket. The materials are beautiful. The fleece is thinner than my other sheepskin jackets, which I gather is accurate compared to originals. The colors are really nice, both outside and inside. The stitching was obviously done with tremendous attention to detail, with no appreciable flaws.

The wax that's applied was overpowering at first. It has largely dissipated over the past few days.

The jacket overall fits very well and as expected, except for the cut of the sleeves over the forearm and wrist. the ends of the sleeves are wider than expected, and wider than I would have hoped. They measure 15" in circumference. My W&G m444 and W&G m445 are 13", my RMNZ m444 13.75. One of the photos below shows the end of the sleeve compared with the W&G m444, the size I prefer. they did send photos for my approval prior to shipping, which I approved, just wish I'd paid a little more attention to the cuffs prior to shipping. I have been thinking of sending it back to have the sleeves tapered a little bit, but am not sure the cost of shipping the jacket pack to Pakistan would justify it. Fivestar has assured me the cut of the sleeves is accurate based on the original contract. I wonder what people think?

Fivestar communications have been excellent. They are willling to do the work at no cost other than shipping.

image_67195137.JPG
image_67205633.JPG
111.jpg

leper-colony

Looks really great! On page one (1), the prototype jacket, the cuffs do not look as wide to my eye, not sure.

Here's an original Monarch (not sure what Shawn drew from):

Last edited:

MrProper

So my new Fivestar m444 arrived.

My impressions: This is a really well-made jacket. The materials are beautiful. The fleece is thinner than my other sheepskin jackets, which I gather is accurate compared to originals. The colors are really nice, both outside and inside. The stitching was obviously done with tremendous attention to detail, with no appreciable flaws.

The wax that's applied was overpowering at first. It has largely dissipated over the past few days.

The jacket overall fits very well and as expected, except for the cut of the sleeves over the forearm and wrist. the ends of the sleeves are wider than expected, and wider than I would have hoped. They measure 15" in circumference. My W&G m444 and W&G m445 are 13", my RMNZ m444 13.75. One of the photos below shows the end of the sleeve compared with the W&G m444, the size I prefer. they did send photos for my approval prior to shipping, which I approved, just wish I'd paid a little more attention to the cuffs prior to shipping. I have been thinking of sending it back to have the sleeves tapered a little bit, but am not sure the cost of shipping the jacket pack to Pakistan would justify it. Fivestar has assured me the cut of the sleeves is accurate based on the original contract. I wonder what people think?

Fivestar communications have been excellent. They are willling to do the work at no cost other than shipping.

View attachment 88659View attachment 88661View attachment 88663
I think 5* screwed up with the sleeves. Maybe they wanted to make 13" and then confused it with 15". The sleeves are unfortunately often the weak point at 5*. I would definitely have it altered. For the shipping cost, you'll probably be able to get it changed somewhere local too?

mulceber

I think 5* screwed up with the sleeves. Maybe they wanted to make 13" and then confused it with 15". The sleeves are unfortunately often the weak point at 5*. I would definitely have it altered. For the shipping cost, you'll probably be able to get it changed somewhere local too?
Looks like something Steve Sellers could fix pretty well.

daw

It is really a dark seal color, not black. Very similar to the RMNZ and W&G m444 jackets. The sleeves are the only thing I don't really like...