• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Reproduction of M444 Jacket

MikeyB-17

That almost looks like it has one rounded and one square corner. By the look of it, like A-2’s, they weren’t too fussy. I was just going by the pic Shawn posted. Length-wise, that one is a bit scrunched up-I wonder if it would appear longer if laid flat? I don’t think there’s a lot in it.

Kermit3D

I'm not an expert, but the jacket looks great ! Well done.
Soon an Irvin ? a B-6 ? :)

Here is the photo of an M444 original :

m42.jpg

Last edited:

mulceber

Coming to this late - looks fantastic! I just hope it’ll look as good with the 10 mm fleece.

In terms of the next prototype, what about the AN-J-4? It would round out this group of great jackets you’ve put together.

Kermit3D

Was the M445 that Shawn made copied from an original model?
If Shawn makes an ANJ-4 copied from an original model (and has the approval of the experts in the forum) then I order immediately.

mulceber

Was the M445 that Shawn made copied from an original model?
If Shawn makes an ANJ-4 copied from an original model (and has the approval of the experts in the forum) then I order immediately.

Same, especially if it has the shearling-lined cuffs.

Kermit3D

Same, especially if it has the shearling-lined cuffs.

I ask the question because I have some doubts about the shape of the M445 5*. I may be wrong, I am not an expert. It seems to me that it has not been copied from an original Shawn owns, and can make a big difference.

mulceber

I ask the question because I have some doubts about the shape of the M445 5*. I may be wrong, I am not an expert. It seems to me that it has not been copied from an original Shawn owns, and can make a big difference.

Yeah, I still think the shape of the collar on Five Star’s M-445A needs some fine tuning, especially when compared to Jorge’s excellent original.

Kermit3D

Yeah, I still think the shape of the collar on Five Star’s M-445A needs some fine tuning, especially when compared to Jorge’s excellent original.

Yes, I also have a problem with the collar. :confused:
The most beautiful 5* jackets are copied from originals. And it's quite logical

ausreenactor

Dear @John Lever

Here is a Second prototype with some improvements and in 10mm thick fleece, I also mentioned some more images of 10mm VS 20mm as comparison images.

View attachment 54988View attachment 54989View attachment 54990View attachment 54991View attachment 54992View attachment 54993View attachment 54994View attachment 54995
pocket shape is also improved on the edges, in last sample there was a very little difference.
View attachment 54996View attachment 54997
Amazing Shawn!

saucerfiend

Dear @John Lever

Here is a Second prototype with some improvements and in 10mm thick fleece, I also mentioned some more images of 10mm VS 20mm as comparison images.

View attachment 54988View attachment 54989View attachment 54990View attachment 54991View attachment 54992View attachment 54993View attachment 54994View attachment 54995
pocket shape is also improved on the edges, in last sample there was a very little difference.
View attachment 54996View attachment 54997
I'd like to see comparison pics with the ORIGINAL that you copied and wearing pics, please.

Brian

sliuman

Being new to the vintage-style replicas, can anyone tell me what the fit of a jacket like this, or similar, is? A quick search shows mostly new jackets but I was wondering if there were any original shots of the M444 around so I can gauge the look better.

This definitely intrigues me and laid flat as in the above pics it looks boxy, which is my preferred cut, and by that I mean loose on the tummy/waist area. Is it as simple as requesting a custom jacket when this becomes available?

Mind you, I also have a liking for B-3s, B-6s and D-1s, or a B-6 if Shawn can source one to replicate. On the few days I've been a member of this site, I've seen everything from very loose fits to fashion slim fits (and not being slim would never buy anyway!), so it can feel like a lot to absorb at times when seeking out war-era-style clothing.

Apologies for the length of this message. Any help appreciated.