• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Reproduction of M444 Jacket

daw

If I end up paying to return my jacket for alteration, do anyone from the US have advice on the best/most economical way to ship it back to Pakistan? It was sent to me from Pakistan by DHL courier.

saucerfiend

If I end up paying to return my jacket for alteration, do anyone from the US have advice on the best/most economical way to ship it back to Pakistan? It was sent to me from Pakistan by DHL courier.
Just tell them to cover EVERYTHING. If not, then they lost a customer and everyone here on VLJ will be made painfully aware of their terrible quality control and customer service. I don't think their britches are too big for them yet. But, I'm sure Shaun reads this anyway.

daw

So I ended up sending this jacket back to Pakistan (my expense; about $82US priority mail international) to have the sleeves tapered by 2".

I've had time to study this jacket side by side with my RMNZ m444. Aside from the sleeves which were cut too wide on the Fivestar, and allowing for the fact that the Fivestar jacket is a 46 compared to the RMNZ which is a 44 (and a little too small on me), and allowing for thinner (more accurate) fleece on the Fivestar jacket, the Fivestar construction is absolutely equivalent to the RMNZ, which I have always regarded as a first-tier reproduction. The materials are at least as good, the fleece a slightly nicer color, and the tanned portions basically identical in color. I have not found a stitch out of place. And other than the sleeves the fit is great and as expected (the collar was misshapen from shipping and I was worried about it, but it has been coming around to a normal shape).

I promise to take pictures side by side with the RMNZ for comparison once the Fivestar finds its way back to me. However, assuming the modification of the sleeves goes as expected, I would not hesitate to recommend the Fivestar m444 (just check the sleeves before they mail it to you!).

daw

My Fivestar m444 returned from Pakistan with its sleeves tapered by about 2 inches. The fit is great, MUCH better, in my opinion, and I am very satisfied overall. The alterations were done exactly as requested, and Shawn's team was very gracious, though I did pay for the shipping both ways (about $150 total). Including shipping, this took about 6 weeks to complete. I was anxious sending this back by US mail (concerned mainly about it getting lost or stolen within Pakistan) but it got to and from without any issues. It really is a very well-made and comfortable jacket, and happens to be my favorite at the moment. In the next few days, I will take and post some side-by-side photos next to my RMNZ for comparison, but I think the construction and materials are of equivalent quality, and considering the thinner fleece, a more accurate reproduction.

Attachments

• image_67220481.JPG
    image_67220481.JPG
    679.9 KB · Views: 150
  • image_67235841 (1).JPG
    image_67235841 (1).JPG
    983.8 KB · Views: 165