• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Reproduction J.A. DUBOW MFG CO. A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Man2

044BE454-DE28-4A92-A581-EBBD396A9734.jpeg

dinomartino1

Shawn I don't know what you will make of all this but what I can tell you is this, the forum is a cross section of opinions, some for their own reasons will never like your jackets, generally they keep their thoughts to themselves.
Your jackets are not the best available but your customer service and attitude to those who have paid you money certainly is.
All I have ever seen here from your posts is someone who is true gentleman.
As-Salamu-Alaykum.

leper-colony

Shawn I don't know what you will make of all this but what I can tell you is this, the forum is a cross section of opinions, some for their own reasons will never like your jackets, generally they keep their thoughts to themselves.
Your jackets are not the best available but your customer service and attitude to those who have paid you money certainly is.
All I have ever seen here from your posts is someone who is true gentleman.
As-Salamu-Alaykum.

Those posts were unfortunate and really had nothing at all to do with Shawn, they were just noise.

As a customer, I'm actually pretty excited about the 5* quality!!!

Smithy

Pretty simple guys, a dickhead is still a dickhead with or without an opinion.

Amazing how many dickheads in this world think that being rude and having an opinion makes you look tough.

No it doesn't. You're still a dickhead.

Perfect example of parents and schools not teaching some spoiled brat some bloody manners.

I must say that it's very unfortunate that some people like to spread their poison and try to offend other people as we've seen in this thread.

It's both ironic and tragic to read this insultive bigotry in a thread where we are constructively discussing the succesful development of a repro jacket, a jacket whose original once was worn by servicemen and women who fought for freedom against tyranny…!

I hope that these rudenesses was just the expression of a confused troll.

I've had the pleasure to buy several jackets from @Shawn Ali , and his service and patience with all my questions and customisations are fantastic, and the jackets are really qualitative and great!
I've recently bought a B-10 jacket (which is superb now during the harsh Swedish Autumn and Winter seasons) and I'm preparing to order either a Dubow or the upcoming Sheeplined, as I know I can count on Shawn and Fivestar!

flyincowboy

I am confinent with a skilled guy who try to do his best to get the most" accurate repro" at an affordable price The help,patience and prompt services are a quality and time consumming. We're talking about repro jackets! most custom made or on demand.... To me there is 2 sorts of jackets the original one who belong to history and the repros that we can have for (nearly) everyday use even if some are on the Posh side... REMEMBER they were Army jackets made to fight not as fahionnable that they are now. No matter of the brand they were under contract.
I will always thanks a guy who is helpfull with customer .And if for some reason i dislike the product of his work i will not spit on his face. it is just a kind of respect for the work done.

Brettafett

This happened to the AVI thread a year or two back and it was not nice.

The whole idea here is that there must be someone who can make a decent original maker A-2, but at a much lower price point.
Doesn't have to be stitch-for-stitch accurate, but close enough and far from those 'mall bombers'.
AVI gave it a good go, and Shawn has picked up the ball and run with it, over the goal posts!

Consider, just being compared favourably to the likes of GW, ELC, BK and originals...
New goat GW with a 2yr + wait - $1449
ELC - $1475
FS with a couple of weeks wait- what around $300-400 ?
If you want 90-99% uncompromising authenticity and accuracy, many of us do.... then GW, BK, ELC etc are your go-too, sure. But you will be prepared to pay for that.
If you want something as close as, as good quality as any original.... then Shawn will help you out.

Really, WOW to you Shawn... and to everyone who has contributed... Your jackets have come along way in a couple of years.

Last edited:

petermack09

Amazing how many dickheads in this world think that being rude and having an opinion makes you look tough.

Perfect example of parents and schools not teaching some spoiled brat some bloody manners.
& this serves what purpose? Things looked like they were settling down here & being rude works both ways.Did anyone read Steve’s post? Kinda brings things into perspective,enjoy your day.

ausreenactor

Aaah. You can take the lad from Australia; however, you can't take the Australia from the lad. 'Dickhead'.... Gold.

ausreenactor

Saw this exact pic the other day on your sales post but I just ignored it. I assume many here saw it too. I have not had a moustache since November last year, but you only swing by when you have a jacket or two to sell. You have shown exactly who you are in this thread. Your name was mud on The Fedora Lounge from the outset and you displayed your form with the dummy spit thread shortly after.

I sat back and watched the compounding observations in this thread as many saw just who you truly are.

You elected to bring the same shitty post onto another thread to get a response? So be it. I have better things to do than engage with you. I have been here for 23 years so far and I would not piss on you if you were on fire. John Chapman would be embarrassed you are his customer right about now.

My ongoing military service has shown me mutual respect, empathy and most of all humility. I assume you did not cut it in the military and you hang on to it to perpetuate some tenous link to an inflated period of success. I have played a part in the demise of half a dozen better men than you.

This will be the last post I ever respond directly to you. I will continue to 'like' the accurate observations from others, as they attempt to educate you of your shortfalls as a forum 'member' and as a human being.

If we are going caricatures... I would portray you as the weak and floundering Hiram, who becomes 'Fearless Fly' behind a keyboard. I am not sure how you measure 'success'; however, a few snazzy jackets ain't it. You need a bigger set of glasses to take a good look at yourself.

'Some of the gear and no idea' comes to mind. You think you amass jackets as fast as Jorge and you know as much as John.
You are far from either, I assure you. I get more benefit from the spam posts than I do from your inane ramblings.

I expect some sort of poorly thought out, immature response. I won't comment on it. I AM better than you. I DO have cooler jackets than you and I like to think that I have contributed more to the forum in 23 years than you EVER will.

Good bye and good riddance Monsieur Grrr.

Ignore......click!

Status
Not open for further replies.