• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Reproduction J.A. DUBOW MFG CO. A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Ali

Dear Respected Members

First of all I am Thankful to all of the Contributions and advise we received from the members of this Great Club, It became possible with the Great input we received here to make the Reproductions of different Contract Jackets Like the B-3, D1, A-2, A-1 and G1's etc

But all the time we were advised to acquire Original flight jacket and then make an Authentic and faithful reproduction, keeping in mind We were in search of some Authentic Contracts of Original Flight Jackets from some time, and now we succeeded to acquire an J.A. DUBOW MFG CO. A2 Jacket from WWII era Original Maker. I will also post the detailed images below, Further as always I will also expect the great input from the friends here to produce the best possible outcomes from this, I also assure that we will be able to make a very cost effective and authentic reproduction close to the original.
The Initial Information I collected about this contract is that it was made both in Horsehide and Goatskin Leathers, The one we owned we thoroughly checked that and our initial observation is, it is made in Goatskin Leather, we also planned to make our first Prototype in Goatskin Leather, any contribution from friends regarding its Leather type will be highly appreciated.

Further we are going to import the special knitting's in wool for this jacket also close to the original color.

The Jacket we acquire have a Crown Zipper but different friends have thoughts that this contract was also made in Talon zippers, we also have the easy availability of Talon Zippers, please also contribute your suggestions.

Please have a detailed view of the images below
DSC_4639 copy.jpg

DSC_4641 copy.JPG

DSC_4640 copy.jpg

DSC_4643 copy.JPG

DSC_46441 copy.JPG

DSC_4644 copy.JPG

I will wait for your Valuable comments and suggestions

ties70

Regarding the label:

I bet that Shawn will get his label guys to make a good copy (they had done a terrific job with the labels for his leather helmet bags), but would there be a short cut?

I mean: Were all existing Dubow 27798 labels (Bill Kelso, GW, Platon) individual efforts or did they come from the same source?

Ties

ties70

Couchy,

that was my point... I just couldn't see that any of the existing reproducers made them all by themselves, so there is most likely already a label manufacturer who supplied them....

If the other makers are sharing this information is a totally different story...

Shawn Ali

Dear Respected members

Thanks to all of you, Your Great suggestions are really valuable for us, I will surely try my best to follow the each and every details, and will try my best to make a faithful reproduction of this.

Also the main focus of us is to control the price's as low as possible, Already a special leather Tanning is started based on the below dye and upper colour of the leather with a similar grainy outer shell.

I was working on the Repro UNITED CARR press snaps from last few months and I succeeded to make the best Vintage snaps which are in hand now.

Talon Zippers we already keeps in stock, and for the knitting I am going to import the best knitting's in wool for this contract, So overall I am focusing all the aspects to make a faithful reproduction of this.

Some Vintage UNITED CARR Snaps are displayed below.
119512046_2745710109040740_760860238319854603_n.jpg

119706947_2745710202374064_8818129209846812830_n.jpg

119474349_2745710075707410_7314952459013228179_n.jpg

119462893_2745710149040736_5121874248177896773_n.jpg

Important is sometimes to control the prices we need to buy raw materials in bulk quantities, otherwise this stuff don't remains cost effective and prices rises, So it is also the fact that we are investing heavily to control the prices at low as we can.

Best Regards

Shawn

mulceber

Also the main focus of us is to control the price's as low as possible, Already a special leather Tanning is started based on the below dye and upper colour of the leather with a similar grainy outer shell.

It sounds like it’s going to be a great color and texture. What hide is it going to be made out of?

Status
Not open for further replies.