• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Looking for Recommendations on M-445A Jacket

mulceber

It appears to me, based on the photo of Jorge's jacket, that Shawn's repro is accurate to the HLB Corp contract, which is the one he was copying. It sounds from what John said that a lot of other M-445A makers did it differently, and I know a lot of the AN-J-4 makers did as well. It's definitely something Shawn should keep in mind for the future, whether it's this model of jacket, or others.

Last edited:

Saint-ex

@John Lever since I'm not an expert I don't want to assert without knowing, but how to explain this original ?

1605858681494.png

John Lever

Well.. I stand corrected but must say it is not the usual method of construction..
I had one made 'wrongly' like that by McCoys and sold it for that very reason. The way the sheepskin is folded ( unlike a B3 ) over and sewn together plus the goatskin makes for a very thick unyielding seam.
The design is still the same as the short zip Anj4

Otter

It's here and I am very pleased. Sheepskin is very nice, the goatskin is a milk chocolate brown and quite pliable and soft. The shops jacket feels comfy, reasonable weight and easy to move in.
The cuffs are sheepskin lined and have the rack rib knits which are very nice. The zip position makes closing the jacket very simple. Will try and get some daylight photos tomorrow once the rain stops.

John Lever

Looked at some archive images and it appears that Fried Ostermann constructed arms with the separate detail, HLB joined them together.
Not sure about W & G.
I remember asking IF about this detail on my Few jacket, he thought it was made incorrectly.
You live and learn !