• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Looking for Recommendations on B6 Jacket

Shawn Ali

Hi Dear All Respected Members,

In hopes that all are fine, well from some time we are receiving some recommendations to make reproductions of B6 jackets, as we have all the necessary material for this jacket already in stock so we are looking for some good images close to original to design its patterns.

I request to all of you to please contribute your knowledge to make a best affordable reproduction of this jacket.

Any kind of your help in this project will be really helpful and much appreciated.

Please contribute on its type of reinforcements leather, Its Label, Its pattern Details and Hardware used and patterns measurements for this jacket, any kind of relevant information on this forum will help to produce the best results.

Best Regards

Shawn

London Cabbie

I request to all of you to please contribute your knowledge to make a best affordable reproduction of this jacket.

1/ Purchase an original B6

2/ Study and educate yourself in everything B6

3/Purchase materials that exactly match original

4/Make an EXACT copy. (not an interpretation)

5/See if it sells.

if your only interested in looky-likey leather jackets ignore all the above.

Shawn Ali

1/ Purchase an original B6

2/ Study and educate yourself in everything B6

3/Purchase materials that exactly match original

4/Make an EXACT copy. (not an interpretation)

5/See if it sells.

if your only interested in looky-likey leather jackets ignore all the above.
Dear @London Cabbie

That's a Great and very honest advise, I am ready to buy some original If someone on the forum is willing to sell his B6 or even if someone don't want to sell I can return this after making a prototype, I will also offer My first b6 Jacket free with that in return and I will also be responsible for all shipping's etc.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Same thing was happened in case of M445-A we Take the initiative to make its repro, and a Friend after reading this send's his own Original M444 to us, he needs some alterations and we did this for him, and he was also willing to make the good details to be followed. So that was a Mutual interest and help as well.

Best Regards

Shawn

mulceber

This is definitely a worthwhile offer to make, Shawn. The problem I see is that I don’t think the B-6 was ever produced in the numbers that the D-1 and B-3 were. So the wait for a collector willing to send you his to copy could be a long one.

I’m also not sure it’s worth your while to buy an original (unless you find a heck of a deal) since my impression is that the demand for this type of jacket is lower than for something like a B-3 or an Irvin. But on that I could be wrong.

I guess my best advice would be to post this offer on the front page of your website: request that anyone who has an original B-6 (or any type of jacket you don’t currently produce) that would be willing to let you copy it should get in touch with you to discuss details. You can leave vague exactly what you will give them in exchange and then tell them about the free jacket offer when they contact you. That should hopefully weed out non-serious offers (I’m imagining something like “yeah, I’ve got an ATF B-10, that’s basically like an original, right? Can I have my free jacket?”). In the meantime, either try to produce the best B-6 you can without an original, or focus on producing other jacket types.

Last edited:

FreddyF9

Shawn, I’d love to share with you the details of my B-6 if I had one. I think that purchasing an original one would be the best for your replica, the problem is that finding a WW2 B-6 in decent condition is almost impossible nowadays, as Mulceber said. Much less someone who owns one and is available for taking the risk to send it to a perfect stranger... In my opinion, you should buy a good replica and adapt it following the original military specs.

Shawn Ali

Shawn, I’d love to share with you the details of my B-6 if I had one. I think that purchasing an original one would be the best for your replica, the problem is that finding a WW2 B-6 in decent condition is almost impossible nowadays, as Mulceber said. Much less someone who owns one and is available for taking the risk to send it to a perfect stranger... In my opinion, you should buy a good replica and adapt it following the original military specs.
Thanks for your input and great suggestions. I will try my best.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

I might be able to get my hands on an original B6 on your behalf although I’m not sure who the manufacturer is. What kind of info do you need and what condition does it need to be in. PM me if you want to discuss this.

Garry
Hi Dear Mr. Garry, Thanks for your message, Yes I want to buy an Original To make an authentic reproduction, I will contact you for more details. Thanks for your kind offer.

Best Regards

Shawn

sliuman

Dredging this up from the a few months past. I like the look of the B-6 and it's high on my list of wants actually. The D-1 styling is also nice. I don't know much about these jackets but I know what I like. I'd love a B-3 but as I'm a short, barrel-chested guy I'm worried about looking like the Michelin man! Will be watching this thread for any news.

FreddyF9

Big news!
Shawn bought an original Aero Leather Clothing (Beacon) B-6. He said that in a few weeks after he receive it he will be able to have a prototype complete (maybe more).
Here’s a few pics of the B-6 (sorry for the bad quality, all pics are from eBay)

5C6FB9DA-BDE4-4979-90EA-E8D8D51327CE.jpeg
E6FDF816-E653-4298-8640-E7F029FE8D2A.jpeg
B32D6AA8-5E9B-4744-86FC-2766520F30F3.jpeg
88D492F7-4A43-4D10-A18F-03A5591DF490.jpeg
D20F1AE5-F327-413B-AD93-C50D0100C489.jpeg
744C2CB0-109B-4943-A09E-B8ACB8530CD7.jpeg
5AC69B4B-7B1D-49F4-AB32-645A16A2D2C3.jpeg

Chris 55

That's good news.
I know Shawn is serious about getting these right.
The only way he can do it is having the real deal to work from.
I've been helping out with the Irvin jacket and sent him a 4 panel 1940/41 to work from the zip's are going to take a bit of time to get right.
When it's a bit further along I have another 2 jackets which are going to Shawn.
1940 2 panel and a coastal command jacket.

mulceber

Big news!
Shawn bought an original Aero Leather Clothing (Beacon) B-6. He said that in a few weeks after he receive it he will be able to have a prototype complete (maybe more).
Here’s a few pics of the B-6 (sorry for the bad quality, all pics are from eBay)

View attachment 62807View attachment 62808View attachment 62809View attachment 62810View attachment 62811View attachment 62812View attachment 62813

Interesting - looks like someone removed the epaulets. That shouldn’t be too hard to fix. In any case, this is all Shawn needs to move forward on the B-6.