• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Latest Updates 2021

Shawn Ali

Hello Dear Members and Friends,

In hopes that all of you are fine and doing good, Apologies for not posting from a while, we were busy in the Reproductions of many demanding Jackets, but due to scarcity of time and huge projects we started I was not posting.
Please find below some latest articles we reproduced, In their Reproductions we get the help from This Forum's Worthy Members I would specially Like to Thanks Mr. Jonathan Mr. Ties, Mr. Jan, Mr. Thomas and many other friends

Some latest updates below, we can post the more information time to time

1. FiveStar Leather Reproduced Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Co. Inc A2 Leather Flight Jacket made from our Special Mid Brown Horsehide Leather Semi Veg. Tanned Leather True to Original Color, 100% Real wool Knitting's In Seal Brown color made in USA, Repro Talon Zipper Fastening, 100% Cotton lining true to original Color of this Contract, and this A2 Jacket have the true and Authentic Pattern Details of A2 Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Co. Inc Drawing No. 30-1415, Order No. W535 A.C. 28560

front.jpg

That was the first Prototype after that we updated many details based on the feedback, updated version below
front1.jpg

2. FiveStar Leather Reproduced Rough Wear Clothing Co. Middletown, PA. A2 Leather Flight Jacket made from our Special Mid Brown Horsehide Leather, This Leather is Semi Veg. Tanned and True to Original Color, We use 100% Real wool Knitting's In Seal Brown color made in USA in this jacket, however other knitting colors in Wool are also available, Repro Talon Front Zipper Fastening, 100% Cotton lining true to original Color of this Contract, and this A2 Jacket have the true and Authentic Pattern Details of TYPE A-2 ROUGH WEAR CLOTHING CO. DRAWING NO. 30-1415, CONTRACT NO.W535 AC-27752

FRONT.jpg

3. FiveStar Leather Reproduced STAR SPORTSWEAR MFG.CO. A2 Leather Flight Jacket made from our Special Seal Brown Horsehide Leather, This Leather is Semi Veg. Tanned and True to Original Color, We use 100% Real wool Knitting's In Seal Brown color made in USA in this jacket, however other knitting colors in Wool are also available, Repro Talon Front Zipper Fastening, 100% Cotton lining true to original Color of this Contract, and this A2 Jacket have the true and Authentic Pattern Details of TYPE A2 STAR SPORTSWEAR MFG Co. Drawing No. 30-1415, Order No. W535 A.C. 28557

front.jpg

4. One Mysterious A2 Its Development was completed but due to not having the adequate information about the label its not been available yet
DSC_8607 copy.jpg

Although we completed its first prototype

Availability of HH Leathers in Three Colors Russet Brown, Mid Brown and Seal Brown, based on the Original Jackets, now these leathers are available in Premium Version and we spend almost 2 years on the development

5. FiveStar Leather Repro Dubow A2 Leather Flight Jacket made from our Special HH Veg. Tanned, wool Knitting's In Dull Purple Original DTM Color, Repro Talon Zipper Fastening, 100% Cotton lining true to original Color, and this A2 Jacket have the true and Authentic Pattern Details of A2 J. A. DUBOW MFG. Co. Drawing No. 30-1415, Order No. W535 A.C. 27798
DSC_9704.jpg

7. The FiveStar Leather RAF Flying jacket is pattern from a late 1940/41 original 4 panel jacket, retaining the collar strap. The purpose of the collar strap was designed for open cockpit flying, where the strap was pulled over the head to sit on the forehead to help keep the collar up. It was discontinued on later war jackets. To maintain originality, the FiveStar Leather RAF Flying Jacket has been fitted with reproduction Lightning Zippers, on which the puller has been molded from an original puller to its exact size, and design, We specifically Die Cast its Buckles which are made from Brass Material, We developed a Special Sheepskin Leather for these jackets, Its main prototype we made in Russet Brown Reinforcements. Overall FiveStar Leather RAF Flying Jacket have the true to original Jacket Details, we also claim that we made the most affordable RAF Flying Jackets with True and Authentic details today, its hard to find this elsewhere in this Price. Another major advantage of FiveStar RAF Flying Jackets is that we also made your custom sizes on demand, If you don't find your size in our standard size's please send us an email with your custom size details and we will make this according to your sizing requirements.

MAIN IMAGE.jpg

With Seal Brown Reinforcements
DSC_2339.jpg

8. The Luftwaffe Jacket
DSC_1695 copy.jpg

FiveStar Leather Repro WWII Type A-4 Navigator's Dead Reckoning Briefcase Bag, Made from Genuine and High Quality Leather, Heavy Duty Brass Buckles, we reproduced this from an original WWII Bag

CASE, NAVIGATION, DEAD RECKNONING
TYPE A-4
SPECIFICATION MIL-C-6512
ORDER NO. AF-33 (602) 4048
STOCK NO. 8330 - 047430
FIVESTAR LEATHER CO.
U. S. PROPERTY
tYPE A4 Bag.jpg

More to come .......

Best Regards

Shawn

Last edited:

Shawn Ali

Continue

Repro USAAF TYPE D1 very Rare from 1943 WERBER SPORTSWEAR CO. ORDER NO. 43-13608 AF SPEC. NO. 94-3084A Mechanics Shearling Jacket, Sheepskin of this jacket is specially made according to the original jacket, its outer color and inner fleece color is exactly matched with the original, Its Fleece length is almost 0.8-0.9mm very soft fleece. Leather Trim is Goatskin Russet Brown. This jacket Have Front Repro Talon Zipper No. 5, This jacket have two side pockets enclosed with Talon zippers. This is very Rare Contract and its main difference from the others which is very unique is its size Label spelled as A,B,C,D instead of S,M,L,XL, Its main label and size label is also best matched with the original label. This jacket Originally intended for use by USAAF ground crew personnel.

The patterns and other details of this jacket are copied from an original Jacket.

DSC_1250 copy.jpg

11. FiveStar Leather Type B-6 Reproduced from an Original Flying Helmet in dark brown exterior leather with a padded sheepskin strap. It is a special type of helmet primarily worn by military aircrew. It has the oxygen mask hooks as Original Helmet. The Sheepskin Leather Used for the Helmet is very Soft and Supple and fits perfect on the head. Available in different sizes.
DSC_7471 copy.jpg

The US NAVY Sheepskin M-444 was the standard issue sheepskin flight jacket of the US Navy during the 1930's and early 40's. That is an Intermediate weight Jacket Produced in smaller quantities. The Sheepskin have the Fleece length of 1/4 inch as original.

This Jacket have the matching Seal Brown Goatskin Facings leather, This is a Grainy Goatskin Leather specially tanned. Button closures at the front pockets, carries leather strap and brass buckle side adjusters, HAVE REPRO talon zipper FASTENING, A nice REPRODUCTION example of a very rare, original U.S. WWII Navy Sheepskin Winter Flight Jacket M-444

We Copied the pattern and other details from an Original Jacket. Have storm cuff made from 100% wool, for custom needs.

m444 10mm fLEECE.jpg

JACKETS, WINTER, HEAVY, Bu AERO- U.S. NAVY, SPECIFICATION M-445 A, Made from Real and High Quality Sheepskin Leather. It features button closures at the front pockets and middle waist, carries leather strap and brass buckle side adjusters, HAVE REPRO talon zipper FASTENING, A nice REPRODUCTION example of a very rare, original U.S. WWII Navy Sheepskin Winter Flight Jacket M-445A
front.jpg

with Contrast Facings
1.jpg

14. Working on a B6 Original Jackets Reproduction which will be announced during few days..
DSC_1491.JPG

15. N1 Jacket
FRONT.jpg

16. Beck Jacket Clothe
DSC_1087 copy.jpg

17. C3 Vest
DSC_1109 copy.jpg

18. A2 Reproduction of United Sheeplined Clothing Co.

DSC_7903 copy.jpg

Original G1 Jackets from WWII Several Reproductions are in progress,
Nylon Jackets Are Coming Ahead
USAAF Type Shearling A-3 Trousers
and many other reproductions are in Progress which will be announced time by time.

Best Regards

Shawn

Kermit3D

What a piece of work... it's really impressive.
I admire the progress that has been made.

If I may make a suggestion...
I find the website a bit confusing.
Many jackets have been updated in recent months and the quality has made a great leap forward. But these jackets are often next to the old models which are obviously less qualitative (don't take it badly, it underlines the progress made).

In France, we often say that we should avoid restaurants that offer too many dishes on the menu...

Wouldn't it be a good idea to sort out all these jackets? Or to have a "premium jackets" section with the latest models that are historically more accurate ? For example the A-2 category, there are 37 models available !

I guess the development of all these novelties is already a huge work and it's hard to spend time on the site.

congratulations again for all this work...
... I'm keeping an eye on the Irvin's evolution. ;)

Last edited:

Enigma1938

That's pretty impressive!
You guys were extremely busy and most of your jackets seems to be spot on.
Well for a luftwaffe jacket nerd I recommend some better zippers on your version of a "luftwaffe" jacket, that would level up the overall appearance pretty much! Look at some original french cyclist jackets, they never use zippers with dangling pullers (that's more a feature of german made jackets of the 30s / 40s but your jacket pattern was originally french, germans never produced them).

Second criticism is about the cloth you use on your deck jackets. You need to reproduce or find a source where you can acquire the so called "jungle cloth", it has a distinguish corded like weave pattern that would made your jackets looking waaay more accurate.

I add some pics...
original-1930s-french-leather-cyclist-jacket_10410_pic7_size4.jpg
s-l1600 hartmann 5 Gitex  zipper.jpg
7400a.jpg
f3163b7e2555824b03b83a3b14689ec4.jpg
DSC_0060.jpg

Enigma1938

By the way Shawn, what material do you use for the lining of your N1 deck jackets? Is there a possibility to use real alpaca fur like it was used on originals? I'm searching for the perfect N1 for a long time now but haven't found it until now, even the ones from buzz and Co have their flaws....

Kermit3D

Well for a luftwaffe jacket nerd I recommend some better zippers on your version of a "luftwaffe" jacket, that would level up the overall appearance pretty much! Look at some original french cyclist jackets, they never use zippers with dangling pullers (that's more a feature of german made jackets of the 30s / 40s but your jacket pattern was originally french, germans never produced them).

Second criticism is about the cloth you use on your deck jackets. You need to reproduce or find a source where you can acquire the so called "jungle cloth", it has a distinguish corded like weave pattern that would made your jackets looking waaay more accurate.

I add some pics...View attachment 67945View attachment 67946View attachment 67947View attachment 67948View attachment 67945View attachment 67946View attachment 67947View attachment 67948View attachment 67950

As the number two cyclist jacket nerd :D, I'm all for zippers.
The jacket isn't perfect, but the overall fit has improved considerably. Changing the zippers would make this jacket much more believable.
A dark brown cowhide would also be welcome (black cyclist jackets have never existed).

I would love to see fit pics

Last edited:

mulceber

Shawn, it's great to see the progress you've made.

I really like Kermit's suggestion for the website: rather than show every jacket you've ever made, it would be better to give each jacket its own page and then just show every version of that jacket that you've made. So, rather than give each Dubow A-2 you've made a separate page, just put all of the the Dubow 27798s on one page. But that's more of a long-term change.

In the short term, this looks really good, and you're offering some nice options for budget flight jacket options. I would suggest going for a lighter color on the next run of Irvin shearling, as the surface of the latest jacket still looks too dark, but I think you've made some great progress on this jacket.

Last edited:

busdrivermike

I love the Irvin :p, is the sheepskin vegetable tanned like the original or does it have a spray on coating ?
My understanding is they were not finished like the B3 jackets

Last edited:

Otter

Some nice looking jackets Shawn !
I am tempted go an AN6552, but if there are more G-1's in the pipeline, should I hang on ?

Shawn Ali

What a piece of work... it's really impressive.
I admire the progress that has been made.

If I may make a suggestion...
I find the website a bit confusing.
Many jackets have been updated in recent months and the quality has made a great leap forward. But these jackets are often next to the old models which are obviously less qualitative (don't take it badly, it underlines the progress made).

In France, we often say that we should avoid restaurants that offer too many dishes on the menu...

Wouldn't it be a good idea to sort out all these jackets? Or to have a "premium jackets" section with the latest models that are historically more accurate ? For example the A-2 category, there are 37 models available !

I guess the development of all these novelties is already a huge work and it's hard to spend time on the site.

congratulations again for all this work...
... I'm keeping an eye on the Irvin's evolution. ;)
Dear @Kermit3D

Thanks for the compliments and much thanks for the website recommendations, we will surely work to improve this, Have to work on many project at the same time which sometimes causes delays. But it will be dealt soon :)

Shawn

Shawn Ali

I add some pics...View attachment 67945View attachment 67946View attachment 67947View attachment 67948View attachment 67950
Thanks for the suggestions, We will consider working on them :)

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

By the way Shawn, what material do you use for the lining of your N1 deck jackets? Is there a possibility to use real alpaca fur like it was used on originals? I'm searching for the perfect N1 for a long time now but haven't found it until now, even the ones from buzz and Co have their flaws....
Currently we are not using the Alpaca Wool, But we are searching to acquire the proper alpaca wool lining in future jackets.

Best Regards

Shawn