• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar leather "helmet" bag

Shawn Ali

A new product from FiveStar:

View attachment 34472

Shawn made these in collaboration with our own @Thomas Koehle .

It's made in super nice and soft leather, red lining (you could get it lined in A-2 shades as well, of course), Talon zipper and sturdy canvas tape. Inside pouches for mobile or sunglasses.

The label is taken after original bags, and I personally think that Shawn's guys have made a terrific job:

View attachment 34474

Width is roughly 15.8 inches, so my laptop fits in nicely, with no "dangling around".

And yes, it is far from original canvas or nylon helmet bags, but a rather cool accessory to my daily mixture of flight jacket, denim and boots.

Keep the cool stuff coming, @Shawn Ali !

By the way, I decided to make a kind of semi-official FiveStar "squadron" patch, taking the 310th Troop Carrier and modifying it:

Five stars, a crescent moon, with center star and moon representing the flag of Shawn's home country Pakistan. The caricatured pilot wears an A-2, the large guy a B-10 and the one in the back a B-3... Should go perfectly with the bag!

View attachment 34476
Ties
Hi Dear Mr. Ties

I am really thankful for such a nice review and your true comments about the bag, I really want to thanks all the supporting members here specially Mr. @Thomas Koehle who send me the bag to help me make a good prototype.

You can get this in my leathers available with us like Steerhide Russet, Seal, and Distressed Seal, In Buffalo Distressed, In HH Russet and Seal brown, In Goatskin 4 colours, also in Capeskin 3 colours as well. After that you can add the lining colour of your choice in this bag, all the linings which we offer in our A-2 can be selected. Price of this bag is avaliable at below buy link

Further In case you want to add your name stencil on the bag this can be added on a little extra cost. Price of the bag may vary if you select the different leathers. If anyone have further questions please feel free to write me, I will be more than happy to answer.

Lastly I am highly Thankful to Mr. @ties70 for the "squadron" patch for FiveStar Leather, Its really a beautiful design :)

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Shawn Ali

Hi

I am really thankful to all for your great help and all the support, I also want to announce that we set up a new assembly line for the bags consist of 15 stitching machines with very skilled workers, I am also open for any new projects of bags, if you will suggests us any new project worthwhile I will surely work on it, our assembly is capable of all kinds of Duffel, Laptop, luggage and mechanical bags, to achieve the best results we also keeps stock premium thickness wet blue leathers for bags which we can develop in any colour or required finish.

Few years back we have the huge experience of working on Motorbike Saddle Bags, and utility bags, If anyone interested to see I can post the images later.

Best Regards

Shawn

Thomas Koehle

Hi

I am really thankful to all for your great help and all the support, I also want to announce that we set up a new assembly line for the bags consist of 15 stitching machines with very skilled workers, I am also open for any new projects of bags, if you will suggests us any new project worthwhile I will surely work on it, our assembly is capable of all kinds of Duffel, Laptop, luggage and mechanical bags, to achieve the best results we also keeps stock premium thickness wet blue leathers for bags which we can develop in any colour or required finish.

Few years back we have the huge experience of working on Motorbike Saddle Bags, and utility bags, If anyone interested to see I can post the images later.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn,

pls let us see some of those motorbike bags ...

Also maybe a leather Version of the Airforce Utility bag like used by pilots on duty (is been discussed here a couple of times before) would maybe be cool????

Greets from sunny Germany

Thomas

Smithy

What a strange concept!! ....Good Communication in combination with
Good Customer Service.......
This could be the start of something guys ;)

I agree Burt!

5 Star could teach some of the big boys a thing or two about looking after customers and giving them what they want.

When this COVID-19 crap has finished I intend to buy a jacket from Shawn, not just because they look great and are priced sharply but because I consider it important to support a business with an attitude such as his.

Thomas Koehle

See some pics of an actual bag:

i already used it on my way to the Office once - Shawn made me an "customized" Version with red lining - name-stencil was done by Ties

some extra compartments for smaller utensils

on one of the pics i "whited out" my Name coz i had the photo on FB

craftmanship is splendid - large enuff to stuff my Laptop and documents in there

d7AJK4X.jpg

kA4VLVs.jpg

I16yvah.jpg

hcpSQAJ.jpg

We know the concept of the bag is bogus and there is no historical Background for it but i love the bag anyway for ist character and match with my interest in flight jackets ...

Shawn Ali

Shawn,

pls let us see some of those motorbike bags ...

Also maybe a leather Version of the Airforce Utility bag like used by pilots on duty (is been discussed here a couple of times before) would maybe be cool????

Greets from sunny Germany

Thomas
Hi Dear Mr. Thomas,

Thanks for the interests, please find some of its attached images of the motorbike stuff we already produced

Attachments

• 10615103.jpg
    10615103.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 189
  • _DSC7229 Saddle Bags.JPG
    _DSC7229 Saddle Bags.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 170
  • _DSC7241 Tool Bag.JPG
    _DSC7241 Tool Bag.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 177
  • _DSC7318 Sissy bar.JPG
    _DSC7318 Sissy bar.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 198
  • _DSC7332 Tool Bag.JPG
    _DSC7332 Tool Bag.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 184
  • _DSC1032.JPG
    _DSC1032.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 189
  • _DSC0338.png
    _DSC0338.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 173
  • _DSC9734  ladies.JPG
    _DSC9734 ladies.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Saddle Bag.jpg
    Saddle Bag.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 174

bn1966

Just contacted Shawn and got a very quick reply, going for the 'helmet' bag in a couple of weeks (next pay cheque) rather like that red lining & don't want the 'Army Air Forces' wording..will look to a local artist to paint my 'Ted Shark'
on the bag and have some old dice and WW2 rescue whistles to hang from the bag as ornaments :cool:

bn1966

Thanks for posting Thomas..bag's looking great!!!! Getting Shawn to sort me a custom G-1 in June & then going for the bag...

bn1966

Thank you Shawn, Thomas and Ties..’helmet bag’ has just arrived..it’s off for a custom paint job now with a local ‘painter’ and then I’ve got a few ornaments to attach to it...