• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER G1 JACKET

ausreenactor

Probably tied to him sourcing an original to replicate. Irvin looks like the next project... be patient. The new jackets are coming tick and fast.

Thomas Koehle

Another one on the way - this time a hybrid tween G1 and ANJ3 with detachable mouton ...

S7RKcbb.jpg

6Ou0rnI.jpg

6CG1lEF.jpg

Added press-buttons for the collar - nothing worse than the tips of your collar in your face when motorcycling ...

I have returned from being absent for three years. If you go back to Nov. 2018 and read about me buying a G1 flight jacket from Five Star and the problems I had with a horrible odor that came with the jacket that Five Star shipped. So here is an update on what has happen these past three years. I hung the GI. Spec. 55J14. Model. L.W. Foster Mfg. in the garage back in Dec. 2018. I let the summer heat and cold winters month try to release the odor. I read where Coconut Oil will make the leather soft and remove body odor. So, I bought a jar from Walmart and applied a good dose on the jacket. It appears that 50% of the odor went away. That was in September of this year. I applied another dose this past week and again what was left of the odor has completely gone from the jacket. So, it appears now that I finally can wear the GI out in public.

Just wanted to inform the members here of what happen since 2018. I have been wearing the jacket around the home here, getting it to adjust top my old body, as I turned 92 in October. Also, if Shawn Ali is reading this. I might sell this one he made and buy another one from him, only in size 47-48. The sleaves on this one is about 1" too long.

Last edited:

London Cabbie

I have returned from being absent for three years. If you go back to Nov. 2018 and read about me buying a G1 flight jacket from Five Star and the problems I had with a horrible odor that came with the jacket that Five Star shipped. So here is an update on what has happen these past three years. I hung the GI. Spec. 55J14. Model. L.W. Foster Mfg. in the garage back in Dec. 2018. I let the summer heat and cold winters month try to release the odor. I read where Coconut Oil will make the leather soft and remove body odor. So, I bought a jar from Walmart and applied a good dose on the jacket. It appears that 50% of the odor went away. That was in September of this year. I applied another dose this past week and again what was left of the odor has completely gone from the jacket. So, it appears now that I finally can wear the GI out in public.

Just wanted to inform the members here of what happen since 2018. I have been wearing the jacket around the home here, getting it to adjust top my old body, as I turned 92 in October. Also, if Shawn Ali is reading this. I might sell this one he made and buy another one from him, only in size 47-48. The sleaves on this one is about 1" too long.
92, we salute you. Sir can you do some fitted pictures..?

ausreenactor

Welcome back! And you are 'killing tech' at 92 Sir!

Let us know what you think of the new jacket!

Dirty L

Is 5star G-1 tight fit or relax fit?
My tragical measurements are h180cm, w91kg, chest 113cm and I really can not says if it is size 46 or 48.

Edit: Size 48 ordered

Last edited:

Otter

Mine is a couple of years old and is my go to jacket for spring summer and autumn. I don't have to worry if I scuff it or get something on it which would kill me if it was an Eastman.

Enigma1938

Mine is a couple of years old and is my go to jacket for spring summer and autumn. I don't have to worry if I scuff it or get something on it which would kill me if it was an Eastman.

So you would never breaking a eastman in properly or develop the desired patina....

Otter

If if cost £500, maybe, but at £1000 or close to as Uss now not as an everyday beater.

Dirty L

Is 5star G-1 tight fit or relax fit?
My tragical measurements are h180cm, w91kg, chest 113cm and I really can not says if it is size 46 or 48.

Edit: Size 48 ordered
How long does it take from order to delivery?
Its been a week after payment and no updates(still unfulfilled) or tracking code.

mulceber

How long does it take from order to delivery?
Its been a week after payment and no updates(still unfulfilled) or tracking code.

Five Star is lightning fast, which means it will still be a minimum of 2-3 weeks from ordering to delivery.

If you haven't heard anything at all from Shawn, that's slightly disconcerting, but I'd still rest easy. If you haven't heard from Shawn or received a jacket in about 2 weeks, then you can send him another message, but in the meantime, try and divert yourself with other things. Your jacket will arrive.

Dirty L

Five Star is lightning fast, which means it will still be a minimum of 2-3 weeks from ordering to delivery.

If you haven't heard anything at all from Shawn, that's slightly disconcerting, but I'd still rest easy. If you haven't heard from Shawn or received a jacket in about 2 weeks, then you can send him another message, but in the meantime, try and divert yourself with other things. Your jacket will arrive.
But I DONT wanna wait;)

Dirty L

Jacket arrived, looks good exept the back side...does it adapt for my body? or is it just wrong size?
The belly section cant be any smaller.:oops:

Attachments

• takki1.jpg
    takki1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 406
  • takki2.jpg
    takki2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 417
  • takki3.jpg
    takki3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 410
  • takki5.jpg
    takki5.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:

PilatusPilot

So I know that Shawn got a few real g1's on his hands, does anyone know when he'll be making them in repros? I've been waiting for so long to get a new model g1 from five star. Any news?