• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER G1 JACKET

C0A325BB-D69E-4A9A-A239-D2777225B31F.jpeg

Brent

Does Shawn offer Rib Rack knits on his Navy jackets. Just seems like they would look so much better with them.

Regards,

mulceber

Does Shawn offer Rib Rack knits on his Navy jackets. Just seems like they would look so much better with them.

Regards,

I think a few pages back, it came out that Shawn had gotten rib rack knits, and a couple people got ‘em, but I don’t know why it hasn’t continued. Maybe folks just don’t know to ask for them?

What’s your sleeve stretching technique? Mine are right on the edge of a perfect fit, but a tad longer might be more comfortable.

PaulD

I soaked the sleeves in hot water and pulled, taking care not to grip the lining and the seams.

MaydayWei

Hello everyone,

I just received my 5* 55J14 (with M422a large collar) today, and I have to say I am absolutely smitten.
I have always been curious about G-1's and very nearly bought an original. But seeing as they were always cut a bit too long in the body for my stature, I never took the plunge.
Hence, when I heard about the custom sizing process with 5* (for the extremely reasonable prices they were offering them for) I decided it was time for my first forray into the world of leather flight jackets. Let's hope it doesn't become an addiction.

Without further ado, let's talk about the jacket.
The leather is heavy; svelte, smooth, and feels luxurious to the touch.
The construction feels solid, and the stitching is robust, clean, and neat all around.
Most importantly, it fits like a glove; @Shawn Ali from 5* absolutely nailed the measurements.
For the price, it is most definitely worth it.

I highly, highly recommend the made to measure service.
For a very reasonable price, you get a well-fitted jacket that you won't hem and haw over just to sell it on.
And I simply cannot over-emphasize how good Shawn's customer service was. I can genuinely say that his customer service is the finest I have ever experienced.
Incredibly patient, quick replies, constructive feedback, time, care, and effort - the whole 9 yards. Truly extraordinary service.

As for the infamous 'leather chemical smell'...
I have to say that there is a strong permeating smell of leather out of the package. Nevertheless, I'm sure it will wear off and, really, at the end of the day it just smells like the same leather of a new car seat. Personally, it does not bother me.

Also, a special thank you to @Cocker for his help and advice. Indeed, it was his 5* jacket on this thread that inspired me to go for it.
My jacket is based heavily on his, and he kindly let me know what options he chose for his jacket.
Thank you very much dear sir, your kindness and generosity is appreciated.

It's been a hectic week for me, but I wanted to get this up before it became old news.
I hope everyone is staying safe and taking care.

Cheers

IMG_0378.jpg