• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER G1 JACKET

Earloffunk

It is not the shape that irritates me - it is how the mouton looks. On the left it looks like it has been cut in an odd way.

MikeyB-17

I know what Cedric means actually - the fleece appears to be on the upper surface only, with none around the edges, thus giving the doormat-like appearance. It's a fair comment. Looks good otherwise.

Brettafett

Again. What 5 Star have to do, (anyone for that matter)... if they are serious about military jackets... Is to source an original and take it apart. M422s and G-1s have many nuances that are tricky to tap by looking at pictures or someone else's 'bomber' jacket.
All the guys who make the best Military repro flight jackets have originals in their collection. Many have also taken them apart or worked on them.

Bombing IP

I have suggested that many times to no avail even pointed out a couple of eBay listings.
I totally agree with you Bretta real pattern from an original = solid reproduction .

BIP

Thomas Koehle

Gentlemen i’m absolutely with you and absolutely not upset about any comment - this is why I used a smiley in my post - actually the comparison with a floor mat is rather funny.

For me also to seriously copy something you should get an original to get an idea about the real piece with all the details.

So fellas we are on the same page ...

Monsoon

I would also like to comment. How many members here was issued a new US Navy, Army, or Marine leather flight jacket while in the service. When you open the carton that day the Navy ask you to sign for it and was instructed that it was to be worn only off duty and not off base on liberty, or over a dress uniform. What smell (odor) if any did you find? My bet is you didn't find any odor other than the leather smell. I'm sure the jacket manufacturers in the United States made sure their leather jackets didn't have any other odor.

Well, not a leather jacket, but I was issued a rainsuit new in the bag and when I opened it, it smelled like vomit. From what I understand, they all did.

Cocker

Indeed, that was not meant to be mean, but as Mickey explained, it's somewhat lacking some fleece on the edge.

TBH, that won't dether me of getting one sometime! I already spoke to Shawn too about the different options ;)

@Thomas Koehle how did you get the sizing? Did you went by the size chart, or did you give Shawn your measurements and he worked with that?

Thomas Koehle

Indeed, that was not meant to be mean, but as Mickey explained, it's somewhat lacking some fleece on the edge.

TBH, that won't dether me of getting one sometime! I already spoke to Shawn too about the different options ;)

@Thomas Koehle how did you get the sizing? Did you went by the size chart, or did you give Shawn your measurements and he worked with that?

Once again gents - was just a joke so I absolutely did not feel offended - forget my comment was a joke.

Well actually I already ordered 2 G1 at Shawn’s ... - for the first one I provided dimensions to 5* and they produced the jacket according to the sizes I forwarded ...

That was a fail - but not on their side I took the wrong dimensions - I took the dimensions from my AVI G1 and was sloppy enough not to properly stretch the knitting and leather around my stomach whilst taking the measurements - result the jacket I ordered is veeeeery tight around my belly - next time I did it better and checked on their sizechart which might be the jacket nearest to my dimensions and did only slight mods (was recommended by TIES to do so) and worked perfect.

Once again - was NOT 5* fault but mine!

Each time it took less than 7 days from ordering to receiving the garment

If you are a 32 waist in jeans the jacket should fit perfectly ... :)

Shawn Ali

Hi Everyone,

In hopes that everyone is fine and enjoying the winter.

Well I want to share all of the G1 Articles Which I try to make with the help of VLJ members, I really want to Thank you all for your great support and knowledge which you provided me to make good G1 Jackets, This process of developing with the help of you will never stop, I will keep introducing your new ideas in the future...
Please find all the G1 Articles One by One

Main Shopify.JPG
DSC01827 copy.jpg

2. Black Goatskin Leather With Removable Fur Collar
1-DSC05129 copy.jpg
DSC05157 copy.jpg

3. Black Goatskin With Camel Brown Fur Collar
DSC07593 copy.jpg
DSC07600 copy.JPG

4. Custom G1 Russet Brown with Mouton Fur Collar
L W Foster 1 copy.jpg
Back copy.jpg