• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER G1 JACKET

Ken at Aero Leather

Look at the one Steve S. made me, also a W&G M422a, it just looks so different from the ones shown here. It could be lighting, it could be the cut or the leather, it could be a lot of things but it's just off:
HhEJh6N.jpg

The fitting of the zipper is certainly a bit off on one of those two

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

Many companies that "close" retain then sell on their Trade marks / Registered Names, these are often owned by the directors/founders rather than the company itself. Belt & Braces against a rainy day.
I believe that Willis & Geiger name was once owned by Laura Ashley, if I recall correctly we this found out when Aero considered a W&G repro back in the day

We've had trading standards confiscate fake "Aeros" on our behalf in the past, Armani do it all the time, Government departments treat this as counterfiet goods......which they are legally.
It's not worth the risk when there are plenty of out of use names out there.................do some proper research

Last edited:

zoomer

It could be gotten around with a "tribute" name, as has been done with "Arco" in place of Aero, or "I. Chapman" by John Chapman repopping I. Spiewak. Eg:

WALKER AND GILLIS INC.
WELLER AND GIBBONS INC.

WALLIS AND GERBER INC.

I'm new here, joined today. I found this website...Vintage Leather Flight jacket forum several months ago when I was searching for some answers to what old G-1 Spec. 55J14 flight jackets might sell for. I have two 55J14 size 40 that was issued to be..one in 1950 and another in 1951 while I was serving on a aircraft carrier during the Korean war. I still have those two jackets, only trouble is they are too small for me now. I wear about size 46 or larger now. These two jackets are in great condition and have been stored in garments bags for the past 30 or more years. I thought about giving them to Goodwill, or to my two grandsons, but, I don't think they will appreciate them as modern day outerwear.

At the same time, I got interested in buying a new (my size) G-1, only to find from searching several websites that make reproductions to get one make the cost would be over a thousand to two thousand dollars. That would be way too much money just to wear a G-1 flight jacket around to several VFW meetings. In my searching, I came across this Five Star Company that appears to be making some fine looking military jackets, and as near to the true images as the old ones I have. Also, the best part of that is the price about $200.00. With that being said, that may be the way I will go to get a new one made.

Anyone have some complaints on the Five Star group?