• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather - different jackets

MrProper

In addition to the repros of flight jackets, @Shawn Ali from FiveStar also manufactures any other jackets, which however don't match the threads for A-1, A-2, G-1 etc. jackets.
Therefore I will post some pictures in this thread.

I will start with the Amelia Earhart inspired Jacket, made of 1.2 mm, semi veg tanned goatskin, dark seal brown:
IMG_1679.jpeg

IMG_1655.jpeg

IMG_1622.jpegIMG_1620.jpeg

MrProper

Love all of those jackets they look really sharp.
But, I think that they look best on a trim body type. Don’t think I could pull that off.
I do really like them though.
Since all jackets are made to measure, they will work for every body shape. Cossack and Amelia in particular are only so narrow because I wanted to. But it also works well with other body shapes.

zoomer

If the look works without all the tapering, you have a chance. The Cossack and Earhart (Aviator style) were 20s and early 30s designs and back then were cut like utility garments, not hourglass shaped. The halfbelt jackets later in the 30s were young men's styles and cut that way.

Flash Badger

Hi Shawn,
I see you’ve put a few video reviews on Facebook of some recent jackets. Would it be possible to get a review of your B3 and the Luftwaffe jacket with the moulton collar? Both are on my list and I’m keen to get a closer look.

regards

Garry

mulceber

Hi Shawn,
I see you’ve put a few video reviews on Facebook of some recent jackets. Would it be possible to get a review of your B3 and the Luftwaffe jacket with the moulton collar? Both are on my list and I’m keen to get a closer look.

regards

Garry

Seconded! I’m eager to see what that B-3 looks like.