• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER D-1 JACKET

ButteMT61

I'm sold on vests now too. Honestly, I should have done them long ago, but a nice thing to have in the lineup.
Perfect for chilly days and if you want to do some outside chores without the warmth of a full jacket or restrictions. I guess the cowboys knew what they were doing (shaming my Montana blood now). ;)

Smithy

Would love either a B-6 or a C-3 but with remedial works at chez Otter reaching 53k GBP I think it may be a while before any new jackets. :(

Shit a brick, stray V-1 hit the manor?

Joking aside that sounds nasty, hope the insurance company is coughing up for most, if not, all of it.

Otter

;) might as well be ! The folks before the folks before us had dine rot work, only they did a very crappy job. There was a leaking washing machine outlet below a tiled floor that reactivated everything. Back in February we opened the door on a cupboard of books to find if going rampant. We have been able to see all the way from the foundations to the roof beams in the last few weeks. 5 rooms stripped back to the bare stone, all joists, walls and ceilings stripped out and replaced. Dust every where. Still about 3 weeks or so left to go.

Smithy

;) might as well be ! The folks before the folks before us had dine rot work, only they did a very crappy job. There was a leaking washing machine outlet below a tiled floor that reactivated everything. Back in February we opened the door on a cupboard of books to find if going rampant. We have been able to see all the way from the foundations to the roof beams in the last few weeks. 5 rooms stripped back to the bare stone, all joists, walls and ceilings stripped out and replaced. Dust every where. Still about 3 weeks or so left to go.

Bloody hell that's a nightmare. Owning a house that kind of thing gives me the absolute shits just thinking about it.

All the best, at least there's light at the end of the tunnel and you got it before there was serious structural failure and someone got hurt.

Otter

Old houses, big problems !
House is way to big for us, some of the joist ends were hanging by a thread, it was frightening seeing some of the wood coming out. Insurance won't cover rot here, we get a little back for lifting the floor where the leak was but not a lot. We were lucky that we had some liquid cash around.

Last edited:

busdrivermike

I'm sold on vests now too. Honestly, I should have done them long ago, but a nice thing to have in the lineup.
Perfect for chilly days and if you want to do some outside chores without the warmth of a full jacket or restrictions. I guess the cowboys knew what they were doing (shaming my Montana blood now). ;)
I fully concur, there are days here not cold enough for my b3 but you might need a sweater
Under your G1 or A2, the vest over my heavy carhartt hoody Or leather shirt would be perfect and just
Give me a unique fashion statement, might also make the wife squint also a great reason.

Shawn Ali

And does a D-1 (and B-6) jacket come with 10 mm standard, or do we ask for which one we want?
Standard we use Thicker fleece, as advertised, If someone need thinner than they need to inform us. I will try my best to make a separate listing for the thinner fleece jackets.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Couldn't agree more with both comments. A quick email to Shawn to ensure that you're getting the thin fleece is probably all that's needed. If absolute worse came to worse, Shawn has proven that he'll bend over backwards to make his punters happy.

If I was after a D-1 I wouldn't even consider one from another maker now. Full sizing customisation, cheaper than all the other big guns by some margin and seems to look utterly fantastic from the photos.

I really want to see Shawn get hold of a couple of other A-2 contracts like a RW now.
Dear @Smithy

Great suggestions, and I will surely work on new authentic Repro's of A2

Best Regards

Shawn

bn1966

I'm game to jump in. Shawn stated a lightly altered 2XL will work for my numbers...
Would still like to see your 48" numbers if possible, but might just take a shot...

ELC D-1: chest 26" Approx & shoulders 21.75" ELC A-2 (Monarch): Chest 25" & shoulders 20.5, so roughly an inch bigger on the D-1 to accommodate the shearling

ButteMT61

Has anyone else here ordered a D-1 from Shawn? I feel like I'm having some issues understanding the sizing of these jackets...I don't want to have to return anything, so I'm looking for some help. I want to get one for me and one for my son, but I feel like I'm missing something in the sizing discussion with Shawn - likely of my own fault, so wanted to know if anyone has done this yet? or any other fleece jacket.

Cheers!

ButteMT61

ELC D-1: chest 26" Approx & shoulders 21.75" ELC A-2 (Monarch): Chest 25" & shoulders 20.5, so roughly an inch bigger on the D-1 to accommodate the shearling

So, my chest measures 48"
My leather jackets are 26.5" at the pits. Total = 53"
Waist is 42"
Would not the D-1 need to be at least 27.5" Pit to pit?

Son is 38" chest.
29" Waist.

Based on this, here is what Shawn told me. It seems like I will end up with two jackets that are too small?

Your Garment will have the below mentioned measurements

Chest : 52" all around
Waist : 48" all around
Shoulder : 20.5"
sleeve length : 27"
Back length : 25"

By reviewing your Jacket dimension our size XL/44 looks fine with some minor adjustments which will be done free of charge.

Your Son's jacket will base on the these below mentioned measurements

Chest : 38" all around
Waist : 29" all around
Shoulder : 19"
sleeve length : 23.5"
Back length : 23"

ButteMT61

I'd say you need 54 in the 10mm fleece and 55 in the 20mm.
52 sounds rather trim to me

52 has to be too trim as my normal jackets are 26" (52 total).
So I must not be communicating well at this point...
Admittedly, I'm having trouble even getting my numbers straight for my son so I might need to reset and try agian...thanks!

B-Man2

The 25 inch back length would concern me. From the measurements you posted you are a big guy. I’m a size 46 and I know that 25 for a back length doesn’t work for me. You may want to take a second look at that area.

ButteMT61

The 25 inch back length would concern me. From the measurements you posted you are a big guy. I’m a size 46 and I know that 25 for a back length doesn’t work for me. You may want to take a second look at that area.
I don't feel good about any of those numbers TBH, so not sure where to go. Maybe pause it for a day and try again...thanks!

bn1966

So, my chest measures 48"
My leather jackets are 26.5" at the pits. Total = 53"
Waist is 42"
Would not the D-1 need to be at least 27.5" Pit to pit?

Son is 38" chest.
29" Waist.

Based on this, here is what Shawn told me. It seems like I will end up with two jackets that are too small?

Your Garment will have the below mentioned measurements

Chest : 52" all around
Waist : 48" all around
Shoulder : 20.5"
sleeve length : 27"
Back length : 25"

By reviewing your Jacket dimension our size XL/44 looks fine with some minor adjustments which will be done free of charge.

Your Son's jacket will base on the these below mentioned measurements

Chest : 38" all around
Waist : 29" all around
Shoulder : 19"
sleeve length : 23.5"
Back length : 23"

Just checked Charles measurement for the extra large ELC D-1 on HPA website: Chest 25" & shoulders 22"