• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER D-1 JACKET

B-Man2

If the actual jacket that is received matches the photos, it’s going to be a fairly significant entry into the repro fleece market, at a fairly significant price reduction . Based on other 5 Star repros we seen , I have full faith in Shawn that it will match his photos.

Smithy

I have a feeling we'll be saying that about the B-6 as well in a month or so...

If the actual jacket that is received matches the photos, it’s going to be a fairly significant entry into the repro fleece market, at a fairly significant price reduction . Based on other 5 Star repros we seen , I have full faith in Shawn that it will match his photos.

They're really exciting times. Over the last decade or so we've watched prices on accurate repro flight jackets go through the roof to the point where a lot of guys, enthusiastic as they may be, have had to say "I can't afford this". Suddenly though we have a company which wants to make accurate jackets and priced like they were back in the early 00s. Not only that but Shawn has demonstrated a willingness to improve more than any other maker I have seen. He reacts almost immediately to feedback, no defensive posturing or bullshit, somebody says "that's wrong" and he automatically asks how to make it better.

We're really lucky because now there is a company who not only is trying to offer high quality flight jackets at a reasonable price but who is also directly reacting to our feedback, comments and advice to make them better.

And all for a fraction of what the big boys are charging. We're a lucky bunch of SOBs ;-)

ButteMT61

No way to pass on this D-1 as I've always wanted one. Plus, Shawn has been ever present here and being a real gentleman looking for help and listening. I don't think you can ask more from a vendor or member here.
While I always want to buy here in the USA first, there are exceptions, and I am happy to make one here.
Can't wait to see how this turns out! o_O

Smithy

I've never known a maker to be so humble and want to take advice and just improve Scott.

Shawn's attitude is 0% attitude and bluster which in the world of jackets is a rare thing ;)

I've also never seen a maker try so hard to improve and act upon customer and enthusiast feedback.

He's miles ahead of most other makers in those things and pricing. His jackets are also getting to the point where they're starting to show the other offerings up especially in terms of what you can order and the price point.

ButteMT61

I'm with you @Smithy 100%!!!
This is why I am willing to do it without ever having bought a sheerling jacket before.

In fact, I would love some tips on comparing fit numbers on such a jacket with a "regular" leather jacket. I sent my info to Shawn, but I honestly say I feel some anxiety since I don't know how to compensate for this thicker stuff.
I'm sure he knows how, but you guys with more experience in the sheerling jackets probably can offer up some tips?

Smithy

I'm with you @Smithy 100%!!!
This is why I am willing to do it without ever having bought a sheerling jacket before.

In fact, I would love some tips on comparing fit numbers on such a jacket with a "regular" leather jacket. I sent my info to Shawn, but I honestly say I feel some anxiety since I don't know how to compensate for this thicker stuff.
I'm sure he knows how, but you guys with more experience in the sheerling jackets probably can offer up some tips?

I only have one shearling jacket Scott, an ELC Irvin which I ordered one size above my usual chest size and an extra long sizing.

With shearling it really depends how the jackets are sized - have they a buffer in the sizing to take into account uniform and garments underneath or are they sized fairly strictly to chest size.

Your best bet is to talk to Shawn, he'll sort you out.

busdrivermike

Hi Dear VLJ Friends

I studied all of your great inputs, feedback and all the details carefully, I am also aware about the thickness of the D1 and B3, But some buyers who buy the D1 they were more interested in The Bigger hairs so I made this accordingly, But I have the right small Hairs Fleece for the D1's as well, Now Its the buyers wish with what Hair Length they want to proceed, Below is the comparison of our both fleece hair lengths and both are in stock

More Heavier Fleece Images
View attachment 39993
View attachment 39994View attachment 39995

These were some Images of our Bigger hairs Fleece with a Hair Length of 18mm to 20 mm.

Below are some images of our Relatively small hairs fleece images
View attachment 39996
View attachment 39997
View attachment 39998

These Skin's have almost half hair's length than the thicker fleece, now its totally depends on buyers which thickness they prefers as we can make this in either in thicker fleece or Thinner Fleece.

Best Regards

Shawn
Wow that looks fantastic and makes me think an affordable c3 vest is in my future
211F92D2-16DA-483E-95AE-F1D556C52FE0.jpeg
0F3C9E76-3377-4C91-9CA7-C26F8FA5B3C4.jpeg

ButteMT61

I just realized that the D-1 in my size is about $140 more than the smaller ones...I understand it due to hides used, but wanted you guys to be aware that the price is based on size!

B-Man2

I’d be interested to see the first person to do a head to head comparison of the 5 Star D-1 vs. the ELC D-1 . Of course the fact that ELC has been making D-1s for a while would have to be a consideration when rating the jackets against each other.