• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER D-1 JACKET

Otter

This was a half belt that aero leather Scotland sent out and the customer had claimed some issues with some marks from transit. Not sure of all the details but Ken asked if I would see what I could do with it.

It came to me like this. An Olive color.
Jacket fit me like a glove. A little snug in some areas, but my first look at a half belt up close. I was impressed with both the jacket and the leather. Vicenza. I honestly don’t know what the customer was unhappy with.
Lovely jacket. Anyway. Here it is before.
View attachment 14634

I did some tests and finally came up with this.
View attachment 14635 View attachment 14636 View attachment 14637 View attachment 14638 View attachment 14639

I am grateful for the opportunity to work on this with aero leather Scotland. This one took me a little longer than my BK redye.

And a bi-swing back, cuff snaps, epaulettes and a totally different cut. Apart from those, exactly the same.

Thank you for your kind and constructive comments Peter. I am done with this place and trying to help and encourage people.

Shawn Ali

Hi Everyone,

Today we just finished up with our New D-1 mechanics jacket with updated and improved fleece, this jacket we made on a custom size basis, we can do that on demand in any size, Please have a view and inform about your Valuable comments

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Side Open.jpg

Open View.jpg

Collar1.jpg

Collar.jpg

Collar2.jpg

Zipper.jpg

Best Regards

Shawn

B-Man2

Hi Everyone,

Today we just finished up with our New D-1 mechanics jacket with updated and improved fleece, this jacket we made on a custom size basis, we can do that on demand in any size, Please have a view and inform about your Valuable comments

View attachment 39731
View attachment 39732
View attachment 39733
View attachment 39734
View attachment 39735
View attachment 39736
View attachment 39737
View attachment 39738

Best Regards

Shawn
Shawn
You have come a long way . That’s a fine example of a D1.
Congrats on all of your work.

busdrivermike

Hi Everyone,

View attachment 39731
View attachment 39732
View attachment 39733
View attachment 39734
View attachment 39735
View attachment 39736
View attachment 39737
View attachment 39738

Best Regards

Shawn
Wow that is simply fantastic

mulceber

Wow! That’s fantastic, Shawn! I may have some budgeting to do...

BTW, lovely texture on that shearling.

Last edited:

Clark J

How can I order and I know you sent me the measurements one being the back but can you send me the zipper measurement on an XL ?

ButteMT61

Price will start from 390 size 3XS and every size UP will be significantly a little increase in cost proportionally, but as always VLJ members who contribute will receive some discounts as well.

Best Regards

Shawn
Thanks Shawn. Looking to get a custom one more likely. I need one that tapers down from a 48" top to a 42" waistline. I'll ping you about of off of the thread...Thank you
This is what my dad wore in the USAF during his stint in Bicester, England. I'd like to maybe get him one too - he can likely make better use of it in Wisconsin than I can in Los Angeles, but at the price, I can live with a jacket I don't wear often...