• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER D-1 JACKET

ausreenactor

Seems Like every Home have the same dilemma :)

Shawn

After the dog busted out and I pondered life without him there were some heated discussions about 'family' at Christmas and my 11.5 months a year of bliss and 0.5 months of angst, frustration and moods. Long story tied to getting screwed over by the Father in Law and my wife in a combined 'shaping' effort leading up to a sister in law's wedding.

With our combined assets we would both be financially ruined if we split. We are blessed with work and what we have achieved together. Sale of our rental property would lose us $100K in capital gains tax, separate homes with shared custody would consume both of our wages. And then any legals.

So when I have to grin through my teeth while sitting in the blazing sun, enduring conversations I have no interest in, pondering what I could be achieving at our home (painting, cleaning, gardening, looking at my jackets) I just contemplate the alternative.

So when I buy a new jacket, a new car I look at Tianna and think of that old hormone monster in 'Big Mouth' and ask in my head "Whatcha gonna do?" Mortgage is not a problem, kids schooling is sorted, food in their bellies. How good does she need it to be? As I said, together we are blessed. Apart we are screwed. Twenty years and I am starting to figure it out.

Shawn Ali

After many suggestions on the sleeve problem doesn’t seem he has it dialed in yet ,, why so hard to get this fixed ??? This isn’t an A-2 just make them bigger Shawn .
Hi Dear @Clark J

Thanks for this question, Actually the matter was resolved already, We take some measures from an original Jacket to resolve this issue please check below
Sleeves D1.jpg

We also send D1's to many customers but with recommended small hairs fleece, it works perfectly, but when we have some custom requests like in the case of Mr. @Cocker they required a thicker old stock fleece look which was made in 14-15 mm thickness hairs fleece so that was just for a custom request and look. All our D1 Patterns are already have the wider sleeves and flexible with 9-10 mm fleece as were in Original Jackets.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

My Dear Friend

I always take suggestions and started work to improve without any delay, I am already working to improve photography skills :)
Secondly that is totally new improved Fleece few days back I also posted its images, please find some more below for your review.
View attachment 49152

This new jacket is made with new 9-10 mm thick fleece on the right side.

From the left side More Heavier 20-22 mm fleece we made our new B3 Jackets.

Best Regards

Shawn
Here is the preferred fleece at right side of the image for next D1 Jackets and its updated to solve these tight sleeve complains.

Shawn

MrProper

That is an interesting jacket the front clasps and side adjustments ?
In a casual retro look
Makes me think of 60s - 70s style

yes, it is really a great jacket. looks cool, is unique, gives a nice dry warmth and is perfect for my area with the 10 mm shearling.
A real grab and go jacket. so good that I have another shearling project with Shawn at the start.
Front and back side:
0D49993E-1646-448F-A549-DBBA130D4F8E.jpeg
DFD1627A-17FF-4490-AFE1-C1AA1DC121CC.jpeg

Clark J

Hi Dear @Clark J

Thanks for this question, Actually the matter was resolved already, We take some measures from an original Jacket to resolve this issue please check below
View attachment 49551
We also send D1's to many customers but with recommended small hairs fleece, it works perfectly, but when we have some custom requests like in the case of Mr. @Cocker they required a thicker old stock fleece look which was made in 14-15 mm thickness hairs fleece so that was just for a custom request and look. All our D1 Patterns are already have the wider sleeves and flexible with 9-10 mm fleece as were in Original Jackets.

Best Regards

Shawn
Thanks Shawn I guess I should have sent it back to have the sleeves fixed . The body fits great but I fixed the sleeves my self by immersing them in hot water then stuffed bath towels into them , the towels stretched them out enough to make the jacket wearable . I guess I should have waited for a few more guys to buy your D-1 to see how they had to say .

Bombing IP

CLARK re your D1 why did you not send it back for modification ,it seems you are not happy with it .I am sure you could of worked something out with Shawn and you would be using a jacket as a go to rather than a purchase mistake you never wear .Remember a lot of Shawn's jackets were made from pictures you could look at yours as product development with updates .

Respectfully submitted

BIP

Clark J

CLARK re your D1 why did you not send it back for modification ,it seems you are not happy with it .I am sure you could of worked something out with Shawn and you would be using a jacket as a go to rather than a purchase mistake you never wear .Remember a lot of Shawn's jackets were made from pictures you could look at yours as product development with updates .

Respectfully submitted

BIP
You’re 100% correct buddy,, shoulda woulda cudda! Never even asked him to be honest and why I didn’t just my bad . I can wear it now but it’s way past being able to be returned now . It’s a work in progress now .

Bombing IP

Could still get the sleeves changed ,they would have to play catch with the patina ,something to think about in the spring maybe .

Rgds jeff

Shawn Ali

Thanks Shawn I guess I should have sent it back to have the sleeves fixed . The body fits great but I fixed the sleeves my self by immersing them in hot water then stuffed bath towels into them , the towels stretched them out enough to make the jacket wearable . I guess I should have waited for a few more guys to buy your D-1 to see how they had to say .
Dear @Clark J

Thanks for your message, I am available all the time whenever you wish to proceed, send me an email before dispatch.

Shawn