• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER D-1 JACKET

mulceber

btw, unrelated to the D-1 specifically: Shawn, I'm not sure if you took our suggestions about photographing jackets from the SkyKing/Air Luxe thread, but the photography on this jacket looks outstanding. Not only are the details nice and crisp, but the colors look improved too. I'm not sure if that's the new leather, or how you're photographing it, or both, but whatever you're doing, keep it up.

ausreenactor

Dear Friends,

Please find below some images of our new improved 9-10mm thick sheepskin leather D-1 Jacket with some other improvements as well based on the feedback of different customers
We made this jacket in a custom size on demand
View attachment 49088
View attachment 49089
View attachment 49090View attachment 49091View attachment 49092View attachment 49093View attachment 49094

Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Best Regards

Shawn
Awesome Shawn, awesome.

Bombing IP

SHAWN GOOD JOB ON THE JACKET ,it's there and ready to compete with the competition and its ready to win you some serious orders .Now word of mouth has to do its thing to instill confidence on the new kid on the block .Just hang in there the orders will come ,again great job Shawn .

Rgds jeff

And Heismann I received the macaroni thank you most appreciated !

Cocker

Ordered mine last week, but I asked Shawn to use the "older" sheepskin, as I prefer the look of the broken grain and more curly fleece, like the one Tefouane ordered.

Can't wait to get it, it's getting a bit too cold for my Aero B-10 ^^

Cocker

Talking about the Devil, Shawn just sent me some pictures! Now, the anxiety about "will it fit" is starting! :p

1607520742661.png

1607520778730.png

1607521132921.png

Last edited:

Shawn Ali

Wow , that’s a stunning jacket, I’ve been thinking a relaxed fit D1 would be nice on
the winter days when my b3 is just to heavy and warm “the 0 to -10c days”
In my mind I see it with elbow patches/reinforcements, I tend to be hard on my
Jacket elbows.
‘I know that might be heretical to even mention hereo_O but that’s me.
I apologize if I’ve caused distress to any forum members with this idea :p
View attachment 49099
These reinforcements are used in B3, and M444 and M445A Jackets.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

btw, unrelated to the D-1 specifically: Shawn, I'm not sure if you took our suggestions about photographing jackets from the SkyKing/Air Luxe thread, but the photography on this jacket looks outstanding. Not only are the details nice and crisp, but the colors look improved too. I'm not sure if that's the new leather, or how you're photographing it, or both, but whatever you're doing, keep it up.
My Dear Friend

I always take suggestions and started work to improve without any delay, I am already working to improve photography skills :)
Secondly that is totally new improved Fleece few days back I also posted its images, please find some more below for your review.
DSC_6601 copy.jpg

This new jacket is made with new 9-10 mm thick fleece on the right side.

From the left side More Heavier 20-22 mm fleece we made our new B3 Jackets.

Best Regards

Shawn

busdrivermike

r
These reinforcements are used in B3, and M444 and M445A Jackets.

Best Regards

Shawn
Yes they are , I just figure as the jacket sizes go to 3xl and I would require a custom made size
of either 4xl and or 5xl chest and shoulders for a relaxed fit I would add a personal customization
But that’s a plan for later , I promised the wife I would make no big purchases for the rest of the year
And she’s the boss :)

Cocker

Picked up my D-1 from DHL Monday, and man I am stunned! Hide is beautiful, Shawn did a bang job of the sizing, it's warm and comfortable, like being hugged by a big soft teddy bear. Just a word of advise, despite Shawn's claims that the tight arms issue has been solved, the forearms on my D-1 are still pretty much that, tight. It gave me a bit of trouble on Monday as I was wearing a very heavy Pike Brother's wool CPO shirt (which is almost a jacket by itself...), and it was a tight and not too comfortable fit between the elbow and the fist. I was in touch with Shawn who advised I could send it back and he'll alter the sleeves for a more comfortable fit. But after checking it with the rest of my winter shirts and sweater, those went in without any issue, so I decided against any alteration.

All in all, I'm blown away by this jacket! Between the quality of the craftsmanship, the hide, the price, the perfect communication with Shawn and the lots of nice comments it already attracted, I couldn't be more pleased! Oh and let's not forget the very short turn around between the order and reception (12 days!).

I'll try to post fit pics as soon as possible, but kinda difficult getting some done at the moment. I go out for work while it's still dark, and come back when the sun is already down.

busdrivermike

Picked up my D-1 from DHL Monday, and man I am stunned! Hide is beautiful, Shawn did a bang job of the sizing, it's warm and comfortable, like being hugged by a big soft teddy bear. Just a word of advise, despite Shawn's claims that the tight arms issue has been solved, the forearms on my D-1 are still pretty much that, tight. It gave me a bit of trouble on Monday as I was wearing a very heavy Pike Brother's wool CPO shirt (which is almost a jacket by itself...), and it was a tight and not too comfortable fit between the elbow and the fist. I was in touch with Shawn who advised I could send it back and he'll alter the sleeves for a more comfortable fit. But after checking it with the rest of my winter shirts and sweater, those went in without any issue, so I decided against any alteration.

All in all, I'm blown away by this jacket! Between the quality of the craftsmanship, the hide, the price, the perfect communication with Shawn and the lots of nice comments it already attracted, I couldn't be more pleased! Oh and let's not forget the very short turn around between the order and reception (12 days!).

I'll try to post fit pics as soon as possible, but kinda difficult getting some done at the moment. I go out for work while it's still dark, and come back when the sun is already down.
I’m looking forward to fit pics, this is a jacket that really has my interest, please add in some close up shots
Of the jacket

B-Man2

Would love to see a few photos when you have the time.
Congrats !