• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER B3 JACKETS

Shawn Ali

Well. Receive my 5* custom B3. As usual sweet transaction, great work on it. The horsehide panels are very supple, the sheepskin is flawless. I just have a little concern with the cuffs. They are not enough slim. Not much difference with the end of the sleeve. Little disappointed with these. The measurements are ok but please shawn make some work on these cuffs. They are not at the level of the rest of the jacket...
Dear Mr. @tefouane

I always keen to receive the feedback and make improvements based on customer suggestions I will surely improve these.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

You might want to ask Shawn how many of his production workers are on a minimum of £10 per hour...................as are Aero's
Dear Mr. @Ken at Aero Leather

In hopes that you are fine, Thanks for providing this opportunity to explain things, as Pakistan is underdeveloped country so we can never compare the wages with the developed countries, this is the main factor larger Brands of the world who worked in millions of Garments every year they prefer to buy from the countries where labor is less costly than developed countries. Your Wages are good but that is according to the Living Standard of your People, similarly the Wages which we are providing to our Workers is relatively less than yours but Very Good and Excellent wages according to the living standard in Pakistan.

Best Regards

Shawn

busdrivermike

Here are fit pic fresh from the factory....
For 600 bucks I think it's an amazing piece...I know it's not 100% accurate but it rocks !!!!!View attachment 43567View attachment 43568View attachment 43569View attachment 43570
Great Looking jacket, especially at its price point, it’s basically the same price point as my
Noble house and definitely far more accurate, I love my noble house and bought it knowing
It was not accurate mainly cause it was in my price range and now that fivestar is making these
And possibly an m-445 (a style I really love) I’m excited.

elfraty

I just sent a Seal brown example to Shawn as I would like it . See if he can do something with that. Also the pocket size is spot on in the example I sent. You all know it off course. It is this one:

Attachments

• B3 Seal brown.jpg
    B3 Seal brown.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 198

elfraty

Hmmm, seems I'm in a minority of one, but I have a different view. I suggest getting your hands on an original complete B-3, get to know every stitch and reproduce every minute detail. Including the label AND the original makers name. Please dont put any reference to five star leather on that label, something discrete elsewhere on the jacket to deal with who reproduced the jacket. The size tag should be separate on most, if not all, B-3 contract labels and include the word REGULAR (or short, or long) under the size number.

And lastly, steer clear of faux fleece in any guise and for any reason. I have deep sympathy for the guy with the wool allergy (and struggle myself with B-10 linings and A-1 sweaters for example) but any move to faux fleece would have five star assigned to the tack end of repro jackets forever, on any jacket type, and, IMO of course, but be outside the scope of this forum. Just saying.
Yes this is the very best suggestion I read sofar. Who will sent this hard working man the Real Deal?

elfraty

Hi Everyone,

Please find some below mentioned images for a proper fleece colour which we developed after having a lot of great members suggestions here, Its completely the same colour as was suggested

This leather is completely ready to ship us, firstly I got two sample skin for verification, and now the complete lot is ready to ship us

View attachment 36283
View attachment 36284
View attachment 36285
View attachment 36286
View attachment 36287
View attachment 36288

Here is the complete analysis of the skins, Upper portion is the exactly seal Brown Finish as we requested, We developed these three times to get the most appropriate results of the Fleece and the upper part.

Best Regards

Shawn
Awesome!

elfraty

With the greatest of respect, what's the point? Shawn spends months building prototypes and ironing out all the imperfections based on our feedback, and then we ask him to make a mall'esque bomber jacket with a built in flaw? If a lighter jacket is required just get a D-1 or B-6, surely? It's these sorts of things that diminish Shawn from the other repro makers, imho of course, and start the move away from quality repros. Just saying and airing a different view. A few years ago we were pawing over the tiniest perfect detail of each new Goodwear jacket. Now we seem to have something else going on.
A B3 is a B3 and at 27000 feet you were happy with a B3!!!

elfraty

mulceber

A B3 is a B3 and at 27000 feet you were happy with a B3!!!

If I recall what Stanier was referring to in the post you quoted, I’m not sure you would be happy with it at 27,000 feet. Folks were talking about ordering B-3s with thinner shearling (= less warm) than what the originals were made of, and he was making the point that we should be striving for accuracy, not for a shearling jacket that you can wear in fall weather.

elfraty

Dear Mr. @Ken at Aero Leather

In hopes that you are fine, Thanks for providing this opportunity to explain things, as Pakistan is underdeveloped country so we can never compare the wages with the developed countries, this is the main factor larger Brands of the world who worked in millions of Garments every year they prefer to buy from the countries where labor is less costly than developed countries. Your Wages are good but that is according to the Living Standard of your People, similarly the Wages which we are providing to our Workers is relatively less than yours but Very Good and Excellent wages according to the living standard in Pakistan.

Best Regards

Shawn
intelligent answer. So to the point

elfraty

If I recall what Stanier was referring to in the post you quoted, I’m not sure you would be happy with it at 27,000 feet. Folks were talking about ordering B-3s with thinner shearling (= less warm) than what the originals were made of, and he was making the point that we should be striving for accuracy, not for a shearling jacket that you can wear in fall weather.
allright. get the point. So actually we fully agree.

ties70

Guys,

good news for anyone considering a FiveStar B-3:

@Shawn Ali was able to score an original jacket.
It's an AEROLEATHER 535-ac-19436, which - as far as I know - is an early model from the fiscal year 1941. It has the early two-panel back construction and features a colour combination of seal torso and full russet sleeves (hide and reinforcements).

Ties