• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER B3 JACKETS

mulceber

This one, by any chance John?
A157B2EA-52F6-4BED-A9BA-84939970F42C.jpeg

Shawn Ali

Looks brilliant, Shawn! I think the pocket might still be a little tall (the pocket on my jacket is 6.5" wide, 6 7/8" tall on the tall side, 4" tall on the short side), but I think the angle on yours is good, and the sleeves look much better. This looks to be a quality repro!

Do you have any thoughts on if/when russet shearling will be available?
Thanks for your concerns, But on my first prototype some members suggested that pocket is a little short so I made this on new measurements based on a original jacket, please find its measurements below
Pocket Sizing B3.jpg

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Shawn how much would a size 42 cost please shipped to England ?
Hi Dear Mr. @John Lever

Its buy link is below here, you can find the price of your required size there

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Shawn,
I think the cuffs would look better if they were shorter, they look rather pipe like. Cuffs vary between contracts but the best looking jackets have shorter tight cuffs. There is a photo of Steve Mc Queen wearing an original that looks amazing.
Thanks for these great suggestions, we made that standard jacket, rest of the things like increase or decrease pocket size or wider or closer cuffs are totally possible even on custom requirements for individual interests.

Best Regards

Shawn

John Lever

Hi Dear Mr. @John Lever

Its buy link is below here, you can find the price of your required size there

Best Regards

Shawn
Thanks Shawn,

bn1966

Shaun, thicker collar and cuffs and thinner Body shearling on a B-3, do you think it would work? Or maybe uniform thinner all over?
Would extend the wearability of the Classic B-3, wouldn’t want to lose the ‘essence’ of the jacket though.

917_k

Pretty decent looking B3 that, impressive! For the price point I almost considered it as a way of keeping the Eastman I own stored and in perfect condition, but that’s ridiculous. Looking forward to seeing some fit pics and close ups when someone pulls the trigger on one.

stanier

Now, that's funny...I just had the same idea! ;)

It could probably make a much more wearable jacket...

With the greatest of respect, what's the point? Shawn spends months building prototypes and ironing out all the imperfections based on our feedback, and then we ask him to make a mall'esque bomber jacket with a built in flaw? If a lighter jacket is required just get a D-1 or B-6, surely? It's these sorts of things that diminish Shawn from the other repro makers, imho of course, and start the move away from quality repros. Just saying and airing a different view. A few years ago we were pawing over the tiniest perfect detail of each new Goodwear jacket. Now we seem to have something else going on.