• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER B3 JACKETS

stanier

Chris you might be confusing my comments with Mikey's?

I actually said above that I wouldn't want a B-3 in a lighter fleece as it would feel like a Frankenstein jacket to me, I'd get a D-1 or B-6 if I wanted a thinner fleeced jacket.

But at the same time I'm not adverse to Shawn and 5 Star making them, I'd just like to see them get the "original" jackets down pat first.

My apologies if I have got confused on posters Smithy (again! :rolleyes: ) but thought I had it right.

But anyway, I've clearly gone awry in conveying my meaning properly somewhere as I pretty much agree word for word with what you've written here!

bn1966

And talking about ‘thickness’ I should know better really..my Wife doesn’t understand me.

Just about got away with an A-1 on occasion today & at times it was too much..

MikeyB-17

I don’t dispute that if Shawn’s doing a B-3, or any other military repro, it should be done right, and indeed I was one of those who criticised Aero when we thought they were using the wrong thickness of shearling on the cuffs and windflap. But if they want to do a lighter weight version as well, I don’t have a problem with that, and I reckon they’d sell like gangbusters.

Micawber

Just buy one with a standard depth fleece and wear it to death, the fleece compacts anyway. Or if you are that fussed take electric clippers to and shave it down to a depth that suits. If was Shawn I'd soon get peed off with the endless what ifs and perhaps you could do this so I can wear it in my heated office while still looking cool.

Good grief.

bn1966

Hopefully Shawn will get £££ & $$$ and not peed off, he appears to have the patience of a Saint..tolerated my G-1 demands :)

917_k

Didn’t someone post a B3 on here a while back where they’d cut off chunks of the fleece........there’s ya answer.

bn1966

Found a decent Vintage repro B-15 Mod on the bay recently that some horror had GLUED cheap Patches onto...philistines