• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER B3 JACKETS

mulceber

Just a thought, but another great option For customers to choose would be to have a mixed batch jacket (randomized seal and russet shearling panels on the same jacket). This is an option presently only available on Eastman’s Perry contract and, as usual, they make you pay through the nose for it.

I have no idea if this would be feasible or if it would be too complicated, but a mixed batch option (I can’t stress the word “option” enough - the market for a mixed batch B-3 is even more niche than the VLJ hobby) would be stellar.

Last edited:

Shawn Ali

Just a thought, but another great option For customers to choose would be to have a mixed batch jacket (randomized seal and russet shearling panels on the same jacket). This is an option presently only available on Eastman’s Perry contract and, as usual, they make you pay through the nose for it.

I have no idea if this would be feasible or if it would be too complicated, but a mixed batch option (I can’t stress the word “option” enough - the market for a mixed batch B-3 is even more niche than the VLJ hobby) would be stellar.
Hi Dear @mulceber

Thanks for theis great hint, its totally possible to make this in contrast version, Once we complete our First Test Jacket successfully I will also work on other options as well.

Our Sheep Leather is almost completed, as we prepare them abroad and need to import due to COVID-19 Pandemic effects its shipping to us is delayed but I received its Test skins with Proper fleece Colour, I will Post results soon.

Best Regards

Shawn

mulceber

That would be really cool! I have a feeling I’ll be ordering one of these when the project is finished.

Also, if it helps, Eastman’s write-up for their Perry B-3 contract also has some useful information about why the mixed batch jackets existed, and how they arrange the contrasting panels so that the effect is flattering and not off-putting.

Last edited:

mulceber

Oh, one last detail to make the 5Star B-3 a first-class repro:
76EBC25B-7CB3-4715-9461-7F6F0967004F.jpeg

A6216A20-2F46-45EC-B799-13287EAB4FF5.jpeg

While not universal, a lot of the B-3 contracts had this chain hanger loop, as opposed to the leather one that is common in most leather jackets. You could go either way and be fine, but having the chain one would be a nice touch.

Last edited:

Shawn Ali

Oh, one last detail to make the 5Star B-3 a first-class repro:
View attachment 35959
View attachment 35960
While not universal, a lot of the B-3 contracts had this chain hanger loop, as opposed to the leather one that is common in most leather jackets. You could go either way and be fine, but having the chain one would be a nice touch.
Hi Dear Mr. @mulceber

What a great hint, thanks for suggesting this I will definitley work on.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Hi Everyone,

Please find some below mentioned images for a proper fleece colour which we developed after having a lot of great members suggestions here, Its completely the same colour as was suggested

This leather is completely ready to ship us, firstly I got two sample skin for verification, and now the complete lot is ready to ship us

index.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Here is the complete analysis of the skins, Upper portion is the exactly seal Brown Finish as we requested, We developed these three times to get the most appropriate results of the Fleece and the upper part.

Best Regards

Shawn

Otter

Looks very good ! How soft is the fleece ? The Eastman ones are a bit scratchy to my mind, especially the newer ones. My quite old Aero B3 has the softest pile of any sheepskin I have had.

Carl

I dont know if I overlooked anything, but is your B3 being modelled on any particular original maker ?
Carl

Shawn Ali

Those hide samples look great - both sides of them! Any idea what the timeline will look like for completing this project?
Thanks for asking, We are working rapidly to make this complete as soon as possible, but as this time we are more concerned to authenticity and accuracy of materials, and also C19 pandemic most of the business are closed worldwide which is still a major hurdle before final launch. Hopefully within few weeks.

Best Regards

Shawn

mulceber

Thanks for asking, We are working rapidly to make this complete as soon as possible, but as this time we are more concerned to authenticity and accuracy of materials, and also C19 pandemic most of the business are closed worldwide which is still a major hurdle before final launch. Hopefully within few weeks.

Best Regards

Shawn

Here I was just hoping it would be available by the end of the year. :D Guess I’d better be ready with the PayPal.

A couple more questions that I don’t think have been asked: I noticed the shearling you sourced is seal-colored. Will russet shearling be an option as well? Also, do you have a sense of what the price will be yet?