• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER B3 JACKETS

John Lever

From Facebook:
FiveStar Leather Repro USAAF Type B-3 Sheepskin Leather Flight Jacket, Made from thicker and Heavy proper color fleece, Leather color of sheepskin is seal brown true to Original shade, Contrast Heavy Russet Brown Hides Reinforcements, Heavy and Durable Cowhide leather straps, True and authentic look vintage Brass buckles, Repro Talon Zipper front fastening.
View attachment 49070
An absolute cracker ! One of the best pics of a b3 I have ever seen.

Shawn Ali

The jacket look great ,most importantly the photos do not have that weird color tone .Love the sheepskin leather and the wool interior loft .Good job Shawn Good Job its need to be said twice .I feel that you have just joined the majors .

Jeff
Dear Mr. Jeff

Thanks a lot for appreciating, actually the color of the Reinforcements is Russet Brown but Camera cant speak the true color shade, I will try to have some more better shots of next jackets. All this became possible because of great advise we always received here.

Much Obliged

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Please find Some more shots of this B3 Below
DSC_6675 fscopy.jpg
DSC_6673 1copy.jpg
DSC_6663.jpg
DSC_6673 copy.jpg
DSC_6692 fscopy.jpg

I will also try to have some better shots in some different light mode, as the reinforcements leather used is Russet Brown our Regular color.

Best Regards

Shawn

FreddyF9

I’m not a B-3 expert, but, on Werber Sportswear’s B-3s, isn’t the fleece on the cuffs and on the wind flap supposed to be cut shorter? Again, I’m not entirely sure, but, on Eastman’s repro seems to be like that, as you can see from their website. And why does the leather side of the sheepskin looks so wrinkled?

Last edited:

Micawber

No offence intended here....

I pity poor Shawn, it's nigh on impossible to get an absolutely precise reflection of true colour hues of an object to represent to appear the same across all the different graphic setups and monitor settings that people may not have not to mention lighting and camera used to capture the subject and variations in our vision perception.

Seriously, people need to bear this in mind.

That's a tad purple, that may be a bit red, a tiny bit too creamy there.

stanier

Depending on the objective and price point, might want to give the cuffs a trim and the fleece looks a bit "teddy bear" to my eye. The horse hide parts do look a bit purple. If you're happy, you're happy. To be fair the seal parts have a nice grain in those pics.

mulceber

Yep, I have samples of both cowhides (I think it’s cowhide?), and I can confirm that the russet is pretty close to what ELC or BK would call seal. And the seal is more of a dark seal. He does have some lighter options in goat and other leathers, but those are the options for cow.

stanier

This pic is taken from an FB forum and I will delete it I'm infringing somebodys rule here or there, but its a pic that illustates perfectly IMHO that new B-3's were very plush jackets that wore with the wearer to their ultimate fleece / pile finish. They did not start out looking like a well loved teddy bear that's played the sqaw tied to a tree once too often. Not just a point about 5S but some other makers too.
FB_IMG_1607557570413.jpg

petermack09

This pic is taken from an FB forum and I will delete it I'm infringing somebodys rule here or there, but its a pic that illustates perfectly IMHO that new B-3's were very plush jackets that wore with the wearer to their ultimate fleece / pile finish. They did not start out looking like a well loved teddy bear that's played the sqaw tied to a tree once too often. Not just a point about 5S but some other makers too. View attachment 49202
The finish of the sheepskin looks so much better than broken grain,that’s the look I want on a B3,,a wee trip to aero in the new year I think to look at skins.

Shawn Ali

Depending on the objective and price point, might want to give the cuffs a trim and the fleece looks a bit "teddy bear" to my eye. The horse hide parts do look a bit purple. If you're happy, you're happy. To be fair the seal parts have a nice grain in those pics.
For The reinforcements we have different number of options in different color which can be used on demand.

Shawn

mulceber

I’m not a B-3 expert, but, on Werber Sportswear’s B-3s, isn’t the fleece on the cuffs and on the wind flap supposed to be cut shorter? Again, I’m not entirely sure, but, on Eastman’s repro seems to be like that, as you can see from their website. And why does the leather side of the sheepskin looks so wrinkled?

Just looked back at it again, and you and Stanier are right - the fleece on the cuffs and wind flap is supposed to be shorter than the rest of the jacket. Good catch, guys!