• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER B3 JACKETS

mulceber

Interesting that the cuffs appear to have the right measurement. I suspect that means he tapered the arms to make them more narrow and produce a more "natural" transition between sleeve and cuff.

B-Man2

That’s a great looking jacket. Shawn has really come a long way very quickly over the last couple of years . I know we’ve beat the pocket sizing on this to death, so I’m just posting this photo of an ELC Perry pocket for comparison purposes. (Shawn if you’re reading this you may want to take note. ) ;)
750A6F93-0358-4E86-A466-C23B19392105.jpeg

flyincowboy

Very good looking jacket it will look better with a bit of aging Despite te the fact that i love to have a russet one i will be very happy and pleased with one on my size ! . Don't worry with the map pocket look always small depends on size of the jacket pic of a Aero B3 for sample

Attachments

• AERO B3_n.jpg
    AERO B3_n.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Yep - starting price is $400, but that's for a size XXS. They go up about $20 a size. That said, the most expensive Five Star B-3 costs about a third less than the next more-expensive competitor, Aero.

Not knocking five star here but it’s not that cheap compared to Aero if you consider EU wages and overheads and there is also the risk of your jacket getting caught by customs and get whacked with VAT and customs fees.

mulceber

Not knocking five star here but it’s not that cheap compared to Aero if you consider EU wages and overheads and there is also the risk of your jacket getting caught by customs and get whacked with VAT and customs fees.

Sorry, but I'm a little confused as to why you're bringing this up: it sounds like the point you're making is that Aero and Five Star are operating at similar profit margins, and the difference in their cost is due to production expenses. That's fine, but it's sort of talking past my point, which was simply that if you're a buyer, Five Star is a significantly more economical option.

Regarding the VAT/customs issues, you're right, that would raise the price, but I'd really rather not quibble over exactly what percentage of an Aero a Five Star costs. I'll simply note that, at its most expensive, $590, Five Star is actually only 56% of the basic cost of an Aero B-3 at current exchange rates (1.3 dollars per pound). That leaves some room for the various types of importation fees before it goes too far above the 2/3 cost I estimated.

tefouane

Well. Receive my 5* custom B3. As usual sweet transaction, great work on it. The horsehide panels are very supple, the sheepskin is flawless. I just have a little concern with the cuffs. They are not enough slim. Not much difference with the end of the sleeve. Little disappointed with these. The measurements are ok but please shawn make some work on these cuffs. They are not at the level of the rest of the jacket...

Sorry, but I'm a little confused as to why you're bringing this up: it sounds like the point you're making is that Aero and Five Star are operating at similar profit margins, and the difference in their cost is due to production expenses. That's fine, but it's sort of talking past my point, which was simply that if you're a buyer, Five Star is a significantly more economical option.

Regarding the VAT/customs issues, you're right, that would raise the price, but I'd really rather not quibble over exactly what percentage of an Aero a Five Star costs. I'll simply note that, at its most expensive, $590, Five Star is actually only 56% of the basic cost of an Aero B-3 at current exchange rates (1.3 dollars per pound). That leaves some room for the various types of importation fees before it goes too far above the 2/3 cost I estimated.
Fair points mate. To be honest I didn’t do the currency conversion so you’re right it’s a significant whack cheaper than aero for the consumer.

Ken at Aero Leather

You might want to ask Shawn how many of his production workers are on a minimum of £10 per hour...................as are Aero's

Well. Receive my 5* custom B3. As usual sweet transaction, great work on it. The horsehide panels are very supple, the sheepskin is flawless. I just have a little concern with the cuffs. They are not enough slim. Not much difference with the end of the sleeve. Little disappointed with these. The measurements are ok but please shawn make some work on these cuffs. They are not at the level of the rest of the jacket...
Any pictures of your jacket? I ordered mine on Saturday, should be shipping soon. I too asked for tighter cuffs, I imagine mine will look like yours.

Shawn Ali

Hi Everyone

Just to let you our newly Reproduced Buckles for the B3 jackets are just arrived today, few images are below for your reference

120144026_687354292135157_3286308484977559271_n.jpg

120107164_764152024377249_4644182893247868460_n.jpg

120026761_702012483686638_5493076985521888112_n.jpg

120262580_332541641351889_3284621729225341139_n.jpg

From weight to Thickness, From Pin Thickness to material everything of this buckle is truly as Original. Any comments or question's please feel free to ask

Best Regards

Shawn