• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Acquired a TYPE A-2 Pougkeepsie Leather

Cocker

Mr. Ties eh? As soon as I find out what squadron my grandmothers plane was in I think I will contact him. I’m also planning on getting the name painted in the back of my A-2. As soon as the Poughkeepsie is ready.

Do you have any information at all, some pictures, maybe? I bet some of the folks around here could help.

ausreenactor

Mr. Ties eh? As soon as I find out what squadron my grandmothers plane was in I think I will contact him. I’m also planning on getting the name painted in the back of my A-2. As soon as the Poughkeepsie is ready.

Ties will master the art and the patch. Where are you located?

WingAndaPrayer

Do you have any information at all, some pictures, maybe? I bet some of the folks around here could help.
I’m working on that. My grandmother played a big part in a war bond drive that purchased a B-17, named “The Spirit of Ellis County Kansas” I distinctly remember, even after all these years, seeing the pictures of her standing in front of the plane with a group of people. I remember her telling me it was taken in March 1943, and it it flew into the Russell airport because the runway at the Hays airport was too short and the air base at walker wasn’t ready yet. I haven’t seen the pictures since she passed away in 1994. They are with my uncle in Kansas as far as I know. However he can’t look for them easily since he’s elderly and with limited mobility. So whenever I manage to make it back home I will try to find them. I’m hoping to find what squadron it was assigned to, it’s fate and crewmen names. I’m planning on the squad patch and name tag in front and on the back the name painted on with the likeness of the plane painted below, and any mission bombs below that. I think it would be fitting tribute to my grandmothers contribution to the war effort.

Shawn Ali

Sorry to but in here but Shawn, for f*ck sake can't you design something of your own for a change?
I've just looked at the range of Aero copies on your website
It's taken 40 years to gather these but I'm hardy surprised, Ralph Lauren and many others copied us (far better) long before you but at least they made up their own names for the styles they'd ripped off

Do me ONE favour.................. at least stop using our product names, Bootlegger for starters, go buy a thesuarus and get you own names

Remember this..............without my initial recomendation where would you stand on this forum, you'd still be making jackets for AVI for next to nothing
Hi Dear @Ken at Aero Leather

Thanks for your concerns and I am totally open for any kind of discussion if that hurts any of our friend or senior member here, even we had an Original Aero B3 1943 Pattern which we reproduced from beginning to end but we never used the Aero name in its label reproduction on some members guidance to avoid any inconvenience to other members, secondly I want to make you sure that we are not copying anything 100% relevant to other makers designs or ideas and denied many requests from some customers who need the 100% same copy of a jacket displayed at others websites, but we are a manufacturing company and we also have the right to accept inquiries to make the custom projects based on the customers requirements, if you think anything or any word which we typed on our website and that is a serious obligation we can change that for you, but again all these due to your respect and seniority.

My Kindest Regards

Shawn

Shropshire-lad

Correct

The term "Barnstormer" being an example, Before 1985 these D/B Coats had never had a generic name. We dreamt that one up in 5 mins over a cup of coffee one morning, the term is now the definitive name for the style. Flattered not pissed off on that one I suppose:)
"
Bootlegger, Hooch Hauler, Moonshiner, Teamster, Hudson, Thunder Bay etc etc took a lot more thought, HIghwayman was borrowed" from a defunct outfit in 1983 but now Registered Aero Trademark design

How would I feel if I was Mr Schott about the use of the term "Perfecto", equally peeved I believe, and rightly so. BTW We have never referred to a Cross Zip as a Perfecto

Pinching names is like lifting pics of the Aeromarine off the Aero site and putting the 5 Star logo on top of the "borrowed" picture and posting it on ebay & Amazon...................which is how the whole story started and how I came across Shawn in the first placeo_O

The rest, as the saying goes, is history
Have also seen that done on photo’s ‘borrowed’ from Noble House, Eastman....all labels blurred but you CAN see where they’ve come from.... bit mean of the copier in my humble.... and is it really necessary? If you’re in the manufacturing business - photo your own product?? Is it not also a tad fraudulent to pass off someone elses hard work for your own?
Or am I barking at the fog and got it TOTALLY wrong? If so..... sorry....

Members online

Latest posts