• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

WingAndaPrayer

C7FE36A5-7C03-4173-93C8-114C763C6766.png

Enigma1938

That's all I've been waiting for as well... As soon as it's in I'm getting the horsehide!!

By the way, why does it seem to be so difficult to get some stocks of horeshide? Fivestar is in the business for quite a while now and they know that most of their jackets are just correct in horsehide but they still have not managed to get some of that stuff.

mulceber

By the way, why does it seem to be so difficult to get some stocks of horeshide? Fivestar is in the business for quite a while now and they know that most of their jackets are just correct in horsehide but they still have not managed to get some of that stuff.

Most of their leather is acquired in Pakistan, and Shawn told me once that a lot of leather gets made from animals that were eaten at Eid. That leaves a lot of cowhide, goatskin and lambskin, but I’m guessing they don’t eat much horse in Pakistan.

Last edited:

fongman

one of the comparative advantage of five-star is that it located in Pakistan, where most of the goathide and cowhide come from without a expensive shipping cost. Some posts in the last year questioning that what makes the low price of five star jackets, and someone suggested that five star is a sweat factory, until Shawn clarify with some photos taking in his workshop.

MaydayWei

PSA, please be advised that Five Star's normal goatskin will fade like this...
Please ask Shawn for leather that will not 'faux' age if you do not wish for such an effect.

PilatusPilot

PSA, please be advised that Five Star's normal goatskin will fade like this...
Please ask Shawn for leather that will not 'faux' age if you do not wish for such an effect.
I've had my g1 for 8 months now, I wear it literally every day... Even when I go flying... No wear at all :/ unless he gave me that goatskin that doesn't wear out?

MaydayWei

PSA II

Please note that the issue with my jacket was a mistake of type of leather used; and not an issue with the quality of 5 star hides.
So, everyone please be sure to tell Shawn that you wish for non-distressed leather.
Shawn is taking responsibility for his mistake and is correcting it.
5 star service from 5 star. I could not ask for more.

Please see update #2 (post 25) here: