• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

mulceber

None at all.

Scuse, potresti pubblicare la tua giacca nella sua stessa discussione? Questo è per giacche di Five Star Leather.

(Best I could do with google translate. I know enough Italian to read his post, but not to respond.)

mulceber

By the way, I meant to mention this sooner, but it slipped my mind. When I was chatting with Shawn, he told me that the patterns for the Cable 27753 and the United Sheeplined contracts (see my previous post) are ready. I don't think he's made any jackets in those patterns yet, but if anyone here is considering a Five Star A-2 jacket, those are two options worth inquiring about.

Saint-ex

Well Please note that the WEerber Jacket you are comparing was a Totally Custom Job for Mr. Walter which I personally admit have some customized details rather than 100% accurate pattern details
That I think is a mistake @Shawn Ali .
By agreeing to modify details that are specific to the contract, this suggests that the details of the contract are not mastered or known by FiveStar.
I think like ELC which offers repros and house A2s, Fivestar should offer repros on which the details are not debatable and house A2 which would be fully customizable.

Shawn Ali

That I think is a mistake @Shawn Ali .
By agreeing to modify details that are specific to the contract, this suggests that the details of the contract are not mastered or known by FiveStar.
I think like ELC which offers repros and house A2s, Fivestar should offer repros on which the details are not debatable and house A2 which would be fully customizable.
These are great suggestions, But Most customization's were regarding the size other details were accurate.

Shawn

mulceber

So, this was just posted on Facebook.

7E851046-5B79-4FDC-89D0-4E1205C09FA9.jpeg

I have a feeling Five Star A-2s are about to make a great leap forward.

ausreenactor

Shawn...

The pic in this listing.. Is this the actual jacket? What label would this listing have.. For this price I have to buy one to patch up as 501st Airborne.

Five Star A-2.jpg

ties70

Shawn...

The pic in this listing.. Is this the actual jacket? What label would this listing have.. For this price I have to buy one to patch up as 501st Airborne.

View attachment 43766

Couchy,

this looks like a pic from the internet... my guess would be ELC Slender A-2...

FS probably used it as a "generic A-2" photo, which is kind of problematic....

@Shawn Ali , if you are reading this: Your jackets have reached a level where you do not need other makers products for the sales pitch...

Use your own stuff instead, stay away from trouble, convince with your good work :) !

Ties

JimO

this looks like a pic from the internet... my guess would be ELC Slender A-2...

Ties- As you have mentioned, that picture is definitely NOT of a Five Star jacket.

All of the Five Star A-2 jacket designs/patterns have a very noticeable corner & distinctly square shoulders where the top of the arm meets the jacket body. As much as I really want to love both my Five Star Doninger & Werber jackets and after wearing & trying to get use to them, these square shoulder corners drive me absolutely nuts and really detract from my enjoyment of these jackets.

The look, drape and how the jackets lay on your shoulders is all wrong. Compare images of the Five Star shoulders to any other A-2 (AVI, ELC, Avirex, US Authentic, Aero, Goodwear, etc.) and you'll see what I'm referring to. When I sit down, raise my arms or shrug my shoulders, the material bunches up at this corner and looks like crap. It is the same on both of my Five Star jackets.

In contrast, the shoulders on my off-the-rack 30 year old Avirex A-2 drape & fit perfectly and feel much more comfortable. It's now to the point where I find myself preferring to wear the Avirex and leave both the Five Stars in the closet.

I absolutely love working with Shawn and if he would modify his patterns to get the shoulders to look & fit like the image Couchy just posted, it would GREATLY improve the overall look & fit of his jackets and make the Five Star A-2s nearly perfect. If his jacket looked & fit exactly like the one in that photo, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Jim

Last edited:

mulceber

Eh, it just needs a little abuse to knock the proverbial starch out of it. Crumple it up, toss it in an easy chair, sit on it, wear it while changing the oil in your car. Not really fair to compare a brand new leather jacket to a repro that by now is practically vintage itself.

If you want perfection out of the box, here's John Chapman's email address: [email protected]

Last edited:

Shawn Ali

Shawn...

Hi Dear @ausreenactor and @ties70

Thanks for the message and highlighting this, We never ignore any advice we received at this forum, These fit images were used as generic A-2 model images to highlight its fitting, further these listings were made by a colleague at the beginning time when we were not much aware about the insights of Flight Jackets, but after getting the great advice from many members around here we are continuously moving towards the right way and continuously avoiding the unethical practices, I apologize for this ignorance and I assure we will be ethical in business practices at any cost.

Keeping in view that we ended up few listings which were generic and updated them with our own generated models last year, We also developed our own site with fully our own produced articles, the jacket you were looking for its link is mentioned below, it also have its label and other details

Lastly I am thankful to the advice of Mr. @ties70

Much Obliged

Shawn

Shawn Ali

View attachment 43431
Hi Dear @mulceber

Thanks for taking notice of my post, I will start a Thread with J.A. DUBOW MFG CO. A2, and asks for the contribution from the well known members here, and Soon I will try my best to make an Authentic A2 Reproduction. Thanks for the great advice.

I am also behind an Original Doniger A-2 contract, If anyone can suggests me it will also be great.

Now we positively moving towards making the best possible and authentic Flight Jackets production, which was always advice.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

View attachment 43431
I just Posted a Thread Regarding the Reproduction of J.A. DUBOW MFG CO. A2 Jacket and requests to all the respected members to please add your valuable suggestions there to make this jacket faithful

Best Regards

Shawn

JimO

Eh, it just needs a little abuse to knock the proverbial starch out of it. Crumple it up, toss it in an easy chair, sit on it, wear it while changing the oil in your car. Not really fair to compare a brand new leather jacket to a repro that by now is practically vintage itself.

Jan-

I understand that that the fit of leather jackets tend to get better as they age & wear in. The pattern/cut of the Five Star shoulders is square to begin with and will always be square, no matter how much it is worn. Likewise, the pattern/cut of the shoulders on my Avirex were round in the beginning and are still round.

I am trying to achieve the type of fit shown in all the pictures of you wearing the various A-2s in your collection. They fit you very well. If you have a Five Star A-2 in your stable, please post a picture of you wearing it. I'd like to see how the shoulders have conformed to your body.

If you want perfection out of the box, here's John Chapman's email address: [email protected]

Perhaps one day I'll step up to the plate and order a Goodwear jacket. But not now, my life has too many other more important priorities...

Thanks!

Jim