• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

Nickb123

Thanks for your great suggestions, we are investing heavily on our research and Development facilities to overcome all the complaints, as I explained this smell issue we already overcome, even working to totally shift our leathers towards Veg Tanning.

I also do have a Box for the packaging, below its image, but when please note when we use this two fold jacket packaging Box the cost of shipping rose almost doubled than a flyer, so many customers dont prefer this Box packaging as most of the times I am providing the cost effective solutions.
View attachment 37737View attachment 37737

That's great. :)

Ep_1979

Hi All,
I recently received another Fivestar A2 jacket and thought I’d share a picture or two. It’s a ‘Bronco’ in Seal brown goatskin with olive knits, olive thread and kaki-lining. This time I went up a size (40) and the fit is good, personally I feel the cut of this jacket suits my body shape a little more comfortably than the Doniger’s I ordered before, as nice as they were. As usual Shawn’s customer service was peerless.

Having been well and truly bitten by the bug, I think I fancy a Werber Sportswear once I have a bit more job security.

I have to also say thank you to you all for your comments across the various FS threads too, what an amazing amount of knowledge you have on this forum!!

Attachments

• 75627CE0-4014-4812-8940-050740E43B10.jpeg
    75627CE0-4014-4812-8940-050740E43B10.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 866
  • 2A9282A2-1437-4FF6-9E7D-ECC248A84D79.jpeg
    2A9282A2-1437-4FF6-9E7D-ECC248A84D79.jpeg
    807.2 KB · Views: 664
  • 52F6033C-97E7-46C7-9234-1021C2784DA2.jpeg
    52F6033C-97E7-46C7-9234-1021C2784DA2.jpeg
    556.9 KB · Views: 754
  • 6A0B300B-0C01-4AC4-95E2-96DC7D3CC73B.jpeg
    6A0B300B-0C01-4AC4-95E2-96DC7D3CC73B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 761

JimO

Let me first thank each & every VLJ member who has posted in this thread. I have been looking for a nice contract A-2 jacket and the education gained from all of your knowledge, experience & feedback on Five Star Leather has led me to take a closer look at the company & their offerings.

I sent an email to @Shawn Ali and received an almost immediate response. After going back & forth several times, I decided on purchasing a custom sized, seal brown premium goatskin Doniger contract jacket. Throughout the specification/ordering process Shawn was extremely patient with my indecision & all of my rookie questions. His timely communication, guidance, follow through, attention to detail and focus on customer service & satisfaction was among the best of any company I have ever dealt with. It certainly put me at ease with ordering a custom piece of clothing from halfway around the world and paying for it in advance.

Shawn's team fabricated the jacket in just one day and immediately sent it to me via DHL (who for some reason routed it: Pakistan-Bahrain-Germany-Bahrain-Germany-Cincinnati-San Jose.) After its "World Tour 2020", it arrived yesterday.

I was absolutely blown away by the materials, workmanship and overall quality of the jacket. And, Five Star pretty much nailed the fit. For my own personal needs, it far exceeds expectations for a jacket at this (or any other) price point. I will be posting more details & photos in the VLJ Reviews forum Five Star Doniger specific thread.

Without hesitation, I can honestly & fully recommend @Shawn Ali and Five Star Leather to anyone who is considering purchasing a leather jacket. Shawn & I are already planning my next jacket project(s)- a horsehide Werber or/and Bronco.

iso.jpg

jack aranda

Let me first thank each & every VLJ member who has posted in this thread. I have been looking for a nice contract A-2 jacket and the education gained from all of your knowledge, experience & feedback on Five Star Leather has led me to take a closer look at the company & their offerings.

I sent an email to @Shawn Ali and received an almost immediate response. After going back & forth several times, I decided on purchasing a custom sized, seal brown premium goatskin Doniger contract jacket. Throughout the specification/ordering process Shawn was extremely patient with my indecision & all of my rookie questions. His timely communication, guidance, follow through, attention to detail and focus on customer service & satisfaction was among the best of any company I have ever dealt with. It certainly put me at ease with ordering a custom piece of clothing from halfway around the world and paying for it in advance.

Shawn's team fabricated the jacket in just one day and immediately sent it to me via DHL (who for some reason routed it: Pakistan-Bahrain-Germany-Bahrain-Germany-Cincinnati-San Jose.) After its "World Tour 2020", it arrived yesterday.

I was absolutely blown away by the materials, workmanship and overall quality of the jacket. And, Five Star pretty much nailed the fit. For my own personal needs, it far exceeds expectations for a jacket at this (or any other) price point. I will be posting more details & photos in the VLJ Reviews forum Five Star Doniger specific thread.

Without hesitation, I can honestly & fully recommend @Shawn Ali and Five Star Leather to anyone who is considering purchasing a leather jacket. Shawn & I are already planning my next jacket project(s)- a horsehide Werber or/and Bronco.

View attachment 38348

View attachment 38348
THAT is a spectacular jacket with one of the best fits I've seen on any jacket. Just freaking gorgeous! Well done Five Star.

catthedog

Hello all, I'm new here so hopefully this is a good place to ask this question.

I'm looking to get a jacket from Fivestar, can anyone recommend what their off the peg cut is like?

My measurements seem to fit the XS sizes exactly but i'm worried wether i should get a custom size in any areas? (do they run big etc?)

Any help would be great thank you!

mulceber

Do you think you could tell us what your measurements are? Sort of hard to advise without numbers. Also, what contract of A-2 jacket are you interested in?

catthedog

Do you think you could tell us what your measurements are? Sort of hard to advise without numbers. Also, what contract of A-2 jacket are you interested in?
Of course! sorry new to this:

Chest 40'
Shoulder 18'
Arm 24"
Neck 16"
Waist 34'
Hip 32'

Height 5' 10"

I'm pretty trim, in shape without a gut, though hardly full of muscle!

mulceber

Wow, you might actually be an extra extra small, to judge by his Doniger. It's strange, because I'd ordinarily recommend a 42, since you and I seem to be about the same size, but Shawn's jackets apparently size pretty large. For an A-2 fit, you want 4-5 inches of chest space. I would email Shawn and ask him to make a standard-sized jacket that would fit a person wearing those measurements, but I think you're right about the size.

Also, have you decided what contract you want?

catthedog

Wow, you might actually be an extra extra small, to judge by his Doniger. It's strange, because I'd ordinarily recommend a 42, since you and I seem to be about the same size, but Shawn's jackets apparently size pretty large. For an A-2 fit, you want 4-5 inches of chest space. I would email Shawn and ask him to make a standard-sized jacket that would fit a person wearing those measurements, but I think you're right about the size.

Also, have you decided what contract you want?
Which contract?
Looking again at my measurements I’m maybe closer to a 41 so that’s why im
Not sure, I’ve spoken to Shawn on email and I think XS seemed closest and matched the measurements of a jacket I have at home that fits well. I’m only nervous as I have a Wested jacket 38 that fits well, it’s hard to tell if I should size down a little as the leather may loosen over the years but don’t want to make it too small, or too large!

shawn is super helpful and offered to have it custom fit but I don’t want to make changes just for the heck of it and getting it all wrong

mulceber

Which contract?

Yeah, when the original A-2s were made, they were made by a whole bunch of different contractors (19 contractors who produced a total of 42 different orders of jackets). The military didn't give them a pattern, just a list of specifications, so there were some pretty wide variations in the details of original A-2 jackets. The jacket in my profile pic, for example, was made by a company called Cable Raincoat Company. Most high end manufacturers today, including Five Star, offer reproductions of individual contracts of the A-2 jacket. Shawn offers reproductions of the Doniger contract, one of the Bronco contracts and one of the Werber contracts, although he's still in the process of refining and improving the acccuracy of the latter two.

catthedog

Yeah, when the original A-2s were made, they were made by a whole bunch of different contractors (18, if I recall). The military didn't give them a pattern, just a list of specifications, so there were some pretty wide variations in the details of original A-2 jackets. The jacket in my profile pic, for example, was made by a company called Cable Raincoat Company. Most high end manufacturers today, including Five Star, offer reproductions of individual contracts of the A-2 jacket. Shawn offers reproductions of the Doniger contract, one of the Bronco contracts and one of the Werber contracts, although he's still in the process of refining and improving the acccuracy of the latter two.
Oh I see! I was looking at an A1 or a Cossack shape, I found myself here via a web search. I’ve just realised as you’ve said that that this is specially an A2 thread, so apologies and I’ll repost if necessary. Just trying to gauge the folks that have bought from Fivestar to see if I have a comparable size and how the fit was for them.

MrProper

Oh I see! I was looking at an A1 or a Cossack shape, I found myself here via a web search. I’ve just realised as you’ve said that that this is specially an A2 thread, so apologies and I’ll repost if necessary. Just trying to gauge the folks that have bought from Fivestar to see if I have a comparable size and how the fit was for them.

why don't you just let Shawn make a jacket that exactly matches your specifications? I have done this several times and have had a good experience.

Otter

Agree strongly with MrProper. I have one of his G-1 jackets, coming on for a year now. No sign of wear on the goatskin which is what I expected. I ordered a stockists as I am a cookie cutter body shape, my daughter has had two custom sized jackets from him which have both been great. Super speedy service, the man never sleeps !