• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

Brettafett

regs the Doniger. Still a few details to work on, the throat hooks etc... but getting close.
The options of hide, thread and knit... plus being able to add some length is a huge bonus.

regs the Doniger. Still a few details to work on, the throat hooks etc... but getting close.
The options of hide, thread and knit... plus being able to add some length is a huge bonus.
Not mention size. Bigger guys like me have to break the bank for anything over size 48 it seems. Not to mention that several of the top tier makers WILL NOT do any sizes larger then 48, which I think is odd considering originals went up to I think it was size 54. If you’re going to claim to be indistinguishable from the originals I think the whole gamut of size options should be offered. Just my opinion anyway.

Smithy

Me too.

Mister "I'm not buying anymore jackets" is definitely buying one of these Donigers once all the little bits and bobs are ironed out. Plus I think it's bloody important supporting a maker (and member) who has really bent over backyards to try and make what he does better.

And who knows? Down the line if this is a success, maybe it'll spur Shawn on to pick up a beat up old Star, or Rough Wear, or Bronco, etc, etc and do his best to make a repro of one of them with this forum's help.

Look at the difference of what Shawn was making when he first joined here last year and now. It's quite incredible the progress he's made and he deserves our support. He also has the potential to change this hobby entirely if he can keep getting better at the rate he has so far. For rather awhile we've all thought we had to pay through the nose for a decent original contract A-2 but that might change dramatically if Shawn keeps doing what he's doing, and listening and learning and constantly trying to improve his jackets like he's doing now.

I've been hanging around this flight jacket scene for over a decade now and in all that time I've never seen a maker so open to taking advice and so quick to move on it.

Nice one Shawn :cool:

Darhuws

After reading the positive comments on here, I went ahead and ordered an A2 from Shawn. It's my first flight jacket and I've been looking at buying a decent entry level jacket for a while now and this seemed perfect for me. I went for an A2 in horsehide, not everyone's cup of tea I know, but I really like the look of it. Shawn was great to deal with and gave good sizing advice, and it's already in the post! Just really looking forward to seeing how it fits!

Brettafett

Shawn, try and get the correct throat hooks and studs... Not sure if you have these for the final jackets yet. The throat hooks have hollow eyelets.
20190625_193658.jpg20190625_192810.jpg

Attachments

• 20190625_192734.jpg
    20190625_192734.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 264