• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

Shawn Ali

These Stud Buttons have the fabricated matching clothe inside so only in this article its like this.

Shawn

Changeling

Yes I see that Jack in your photo, the stud on the body should be the one on the collar instead.I attach a photo of an original Bronco showing stud and throat hook. A throat hook like this original would be a great step up in a new Fivestar version.

Attachments

• ww2-bronco-manufacturing-company-size_1_0f8e68dcb6460d1b8566c81c2c7afbc3.jpg
    ww2-bronco-manufacturing-company-size_1_0f8e68dcb6460d1b8566c81c2c7afbc3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

Kennyz

Very interesting to see Five Star's busy operation, thanks Shawn!

Ken

Hi

Some people were concerned about the working conditions of Pakistani factories especially FiveStar Leather, So that is my responsibility to share our working conditions with all of you, Please find some reference's below

Upon Receiving every order from our Customers a Production order is generated and Signed by me or other responsible persons to properly instruct the production

Than This production order is transferred to Patterns and Cutting Department
View attachment 17032

After Cutting Transferred for Fusing Purpose and Tracing, After Completing this process its transfered to Stitching Departments, Where highly skilled professional Sample Masters stitch the jacket according to the specific Custom Requirements of every Garment
View attachment 17033
View attachment 17035

A specialized Lining Stitching Department stitch Cut and Stitch the Lining according to its Production Order Details which includes the fabrics details, Colours and Threads etc

View attachment 17036

Patterns Management Unit

View attachment 17037

Materials and Leathers Storage Conditions

View attachment 17038

View attachment 17039

Produced Jackets Hanged Properly

View attachment 17040

Final Quality Control Department Check's each Garment according to their Production Form Requirements and confirm each and every detail's and marked this as Ok to dispatch

View attachment 17041

Continued.........

ties70

@tefouane that looks spot on! As did your G1. I am definitely going to try a Five Star jacket in the future, probably a G1. I’ve just splurged on an Eastman Rough Wear so probably going to have wait for my bank balance to recover first though :D

Only thing with the A2 pattern seems to be how “square” the shoulders look as others have noted...could be to do with the construction method perhaps? Or stiffness of the leather.

Regardless it looks spot on. Great fit and amazing value for money.

MeachamLake,

the "boxy" shoulders seem to be an issue that varies from size to size and maybe pattern to pattern.
My first seal brown FS had that more boxy (I would call it modern) look as well, while the caramel coloured one does not. As I said, it could be a sizing issue as well, as both jackets are relatively large (48), and even the "boxy" seal shows less "boxiness" than the jackets of other forum members:

russet_unboxy.jpg

seal_boxy.jpg

While the size is the same, the construction is slightly different, though:
The darker one has the shoulder seam behind the epaulette, the caramel one has it under the epaulette. That might explain why my jackets look different.

Nevertheless, there might be an issue with FS's patterns: Compared to originals and other repro makers, I find Shawn's sleeves trimmer than on other jackets, with relatively small and high armholes...to be still wearable, the shoulder measurements and construction had to be adapted to this more modern shirt-ish appearance...

I might be totally off here, but maybe the problem could be solved with slightly narrower shoulders, wider armholes and fuller sleeves?! Of course this would mean a full pattern revision...which leads us back to "Get a cheap, beaten up original and start your patterns from scratch!"

Best regards,

Ties

Last edited:

Brettafett

Looks good though Ties... For the price, an easy trigger-pull. Epaulets do look a little forward imo, but as you say...
Great jackets, but not very accurate original maker copies... His patterns are copies of copies, tweaked by eye and people's email suggestions.
Shawn needs his own original. I recon he will make a cracking copy.
In fact, Shawn needs an original M422a also. His version is based on his G-1 pattern, which is based off that AVI 55J14, with a few eye-ball tweaks...
Great jackets for the price to be sure, but far from close to original patterns. He has all the bits, but needs to see the real thing.

Last edited:

Brettafett

Shawn Ali

Heres a perfect example. If Shawn could get his hands on this. Its rough enough to take apart and copy EXACTLY. Would still have to grade by eye, but still... enough to make a pretty good copy.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAMAGED-WWII-US-Navy-WILLIS-GEIGER-42-422A-G-1-Bomber-Jacket-Flight-Vintage/173716616895?hash=item28725136bf:g:ZP0AAOSwm5xcKnfN

Even this...
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Willis-Geiger-M-422A-WW2-Pilots-Jacket-AVG-Flying-Tigers-Vietnam-Recommission/202661872131?hash=item2f2f96c203:g:aZQAAOSwcgNchSGd
I already Bid, and will try to catch one, Thanks for the links

Shawn Ali

MeachamLake,

the "boxy" shoulders seem to be an issue that varies from size to size and maybe pattern to pattern.
My first seal brown FS had that more boxy (I would call it modern) look as well, while the caramel coloured one does not. As I said, it could be a sizing issue as well, as both jackets are relatively large (48), and even the "boxy" seal shows less "boxiness" than the jackets of other forum members:

View attachment 18134

View attachment 18133

While the size is the same, the construction is slightly different, though:
The darker one has the shoulder seam behind the epaulette, the caramel one has it under the epaulette. That might explain why my jackets look different.

Nevertheless, there might be an issue with FS's patterns: Compared to originals and other repro makers, I find Shawn's sleeves trimmer than on other jackets, with relatively small and high armholes...to be still wearable, the shoulder measurements and construction had to be adapted to this more modern shirt-ish appearance...

I might be totally off here, but maybe the problem could be solved with slightly narrower shoulders, wider armholes and fuller sleeves?! Of course this would mean a full pattern revision...which leads us back to "Get a cheap, beaten up original and start your patterns from scratch!"

Best regards,

Ties
Dear Ties,

I am really happy to read your review, You always helps to improve us, I am really thankful, Well both of the jackets were Cutted from two different patterns, Mostly looks same but have some little difference's, I mostly adopt the pattern of Russet Jacket as its more close to real, I will also try to improve the overall patterns I will also buy some some original WWII jackets and will copy their true details..

Best Regards

Shawn

ties70

Looks good though Ties... For the price, an easy trigger-pull. Epaulets do look a little forward imo, but as you say...
Great jackets, but not very accurate original maker copies... His patterns are copies of copies, tweaked by eye and people's email suggestions.
Shawn needs his own original. I recon he will make a cracking copy.
In fact, Shawn needs an original M422a also. His version is based on his G-1 pattern, which is based off that AVI 55J14, with a few eye-ball tweaks...
Great jackets for the price to be sure, but far from close to original patterns. He has all the bits, but needs to see the real thing.

Brett,

I have sent Shawn the official specs for the late E model G-1 jackets, but your are totally right: Why start with something that was probably already botched when it came out...better to start with copying the earlier jackets.

Ties

Shawn Ali

Brett,

I have sent Shawn the official specs for the late E model G-1 jackets, but your are totally right: Why start with something that was probably already botched when it came out...better to start with copying the earlier jackets.

Ties
I studying that and its much much helpful..
Thanks for sharing this great knowledge.

Shawn

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Shawn Ali

Hi Everyone

Today Horsehide Leather is just arrived in our inventory, We Tanned this in mainly two main colours Russet Brown and Seal Brown, I posted its images below for your review. Leather Thickness is 0.9-1.0

Waiting for your review and suggestions..

Kindest Regards

Shawn
Horse Hide.jpg

Horse Hide 2.jpg

Horse Hide  1.jpg

B-Man2

Hi Everyone

Today Horsehide Leather is just arrived in our inventory, We Tanned this in mainly two main colours Russet Brown and Seal Brown, I posted its images below for your review. Leather Thickness is 0.9-1.0

Waiting for your review and suggestions..

Kindest Regards

Shawn
View attachment 18554
View attachment 18555
View attachment 18556
Shawn
My first thought is the hide looks a little to smooth and perfect without any graining, but what do I know about these things other than a personal preference. May I suggest that once you make a test jacket it may bring more valued responses.
Good luck with it all.
Cheers

zoomer

As long as the leather will pick up a grain when worn, this has great possibilities.

The thing to do would be to make a jacket, get it on someone's back and have them wear it for long stretches.

Bombing IP

Its difficult to comment on just seeing a small fold of leather to how it will play out .I am sure you will be going ahead with making a jacket ,then we can see the different panels and get a bigger picture . You might try making up a jacket with no liner or zip and stick it in the washing machine and the dryer to see how the leather grains up . Then then put the lining in afterwards and fit the zip this way the zipper will not get wavy .Did you ever get your hands on an original A2 Shawn ? , I am looking forward to see what this A2 comes out like.

BIP

Shawn Ali

Shawn
My first thought is the hide looks a little to smooth and perfect without any graining, but what do I know about these things other than a personal preference. May I suggest that once you make a test jacket it may bring more valued responses.
Good luck with it all.
Cheers
I am going to make my First Horsehide jacket today.. I will post images soon for you

Shawn