• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

tefouane

Just received my custom A2. The sizing is absolutely PERFECT !!!! The leather is thicker than my previous G1. It's absolutely an outstanding job for the price. Thanks Shawn for this new without fault transaction...
Ordered on Tuesday, received 3 days later !!!! Fit pics will follow later

Envoyé de mon SM-G965F en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

tefouane

Here we go....
242f6eb7ec902ea5d178882d671da624.jpg
b60e5e150a617122a0e781f2360cd3a6.jpg
dc93b840fef3028635e41f833a7bb5a4.jpg
6341d85e857673d849c943f51b703d52.jpg

Shawn Ali

Black or almost, with green lining?? Stitching on epaulet looks a bit iffy and the collar 'roll' looks too thick plus it's pulling across the chest with collar studs done up, what's going on? Sorry not wishing to offend just my observations but I don't consider that an A2 repro, more a lookie-likie!!
Thanks for your review
That was personal and individual customer requirements.. Green lining was new for me.. But I always obey the instructions of my valued customers..

Best Regards

Shawn

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Shawn Ali

Its a testament to these jackets, that they are compared to GW, ELC and the like... But these are copies of copies... So, more like a distant cousin ;)
But at 150 Euros!!!! Shawn NEEDS to get a WW2 original A-2 to take apart, study and then copy himself... Iron out some details, use the correct knit and then that WILL change the game. Put me on your list Shawn.
Slow and steady... I am on the right path with the great help and review's I've got here

Shawn

tefouane

Nice fit!

Really suits you!

Am I the only one or do the shoulders appear a bit „boxy“?!??!?
Thanks. Perhaps the leather should need for some wear. But the shoulders of the jacket fit perfectly with my shoulders...
A great deal. I like yours with patches Thomas. Where did you make the stitching ? I can't find someone who can make this in France...

Shawn Ali

Just venturing an opinion here, so please don’t shoot the messenger, but isn’t this the natural progression of things. If we were to compare a first year ELC, Aero or another tier one makers’ jackets to the jackets that same company is making today, I think you’d see a fairly different product between what they made then vs now. I think that in time, and with a little R&D, Shawn’s jackets will develop and eventually become competitive with well known makers jackets, but to compare his jackets to those at this stage of the game really isn’t fair . Particularly at the price he’s offering them. Once again just my opinion, but I think that we as a group sometimes can be too critical of new makers products. Often times we can wear them down to the point of one day looking around and wondering where they went. I can think of a few of them that have just disappeared , Diamond Dave, Norshor, John the fellow who was making some great Irvin Repros.
So all I’m saying is, sometimes we need to consider that new makers don’t come here for our input very often and maybe we should not be too harsh on them.
I’m done ...., all thoughts and opinions welcome .
Cheers
Dear B-Man2

You really share the great thoughts, I myself also try to adopt as many good things as suggested by members here..

Thanks for that

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Hi

Some people were concerned about the working conditions of Pakistani factories especially FiveStar Leather, So that is my responsibility to share our working conditions with all of you, Please find some reference's below

Upon Receiving every order from our Customers a Production order is generated and Signed by me or other responsible persons to properly instruct the production

Than This production order is transferred to Patterns and Cutting Department
Cutting Department copy.jpg

After Cutting Transferred for Fusing Purpose and Tracing, After Completing this process its transfered to Stitching Departments, Where highly skilled professional Sample Masters stitch the jacket according to the specific Custom Requirements of every Garment
57080983_2321588628119559_9049563003967504384_n copy.jpg

Production Halls copy.jpg

A specialized Lining Stitching Department stitch Cut and Stitch the Lining according to its Production Order Details which includes the fabrics details, Colours and Threads etc

Lining Department copy.JPG

Patterns Management Unit

Patterns Halls copy.jpg

Materials and Leathers Storage Conditions

20181107_143357 copy.jpg

Leather Storage copy.jpg

Produced Jackets Hanged Properly

57160370_2321589031452852_684623306015375360_o copy.jpg

Final Quality Control Department Check's each Garment according to their Production Form Requirements and confirm each and every detail's and marked this as Ok to dispatch

QC Checked 3.jpg

Continued.........

Attachments

• Cutting Department copy.jpg
    Cutting Department copy.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 225

Shawn Ali

Continued QC Checking according to exact required details

QC Checked 2.jpg

QC Check.jpg

QC Checked.jpg

After Complete QC Checking, Finally Garments are Transferred to Packaging Department where they packed this properly, Single Jackets are Packed in Flyers and More than One jackets are packed in Proper CTN, and finally Shipped to Worldwide according to their Destinations

Packing 1.jpg

Fivestar Packaging.jpg

That was the complete Process, But Its so quick, we repeat all these process's every day and our professional team is able to ship Almost 100 Custom Jackets everyday...

Best Regards

Shawn

MeachamLake

@tefouane that looks spot on! As did your G1. I am definitely going to try a Five Star jacket in the future, probably a G1. I’ve just splurged on an Eastman Rough Wear so probably going to have wait for my bank balance to recover first though :D

Only thing with the A2 pattern seems to be how “square” the shoulders look as others have noted...could be to do with the construction method perhaps? Or stiffness of the leather.

Regardless it looks spot on. Great fit and amazing value for money.

Changeling

Thank you Shawn, interesting to see your jacket department in action. I think when these are available in horsehide with M42 talon zippers and wool knits and good press studs they will prove a real winner.

Last edited:

jack31916

Impressive jackets for an impressive price but.. I''ve noticed that the press studs on the collar are placed the other way round. See pics in post 231, 246, 249. Any particular reason/variation or am I wrong?

Shawn Ali

Impressive jackets for an impressive price but.. I''ve noticed that the press studs on the collar are placed the other way round. See pics in post 231, 246, 249. Any particular reason/variation or am I wrong?
Please check the way We attach this, If you have any suggestion or improvement please suggest

Attachments

• a2-jacket-talon-zipper.jpg
    a2-jacket-talon-zipper.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 304

jack31916

Please check the way We attach this, If you have any suggestion or improvement please suggest
Hi Shawn,

I didn't mean the hook closure but the press studs. see pic. I thought I've noticed that on several jackets....

Attachments

• DSC08310 copy.jpg
    DSC08310 copy.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 351