• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

B-Man2

Black Goatskin Luftwaffe Real Leather Jacket
7e520f4619e3bf9cf08bb002cb6974d1.jpg
af116060c07b4d47b0ef721b040dbe95.jpg
5494feaffe38596bbf32e4152944ddc9.jpg
b9969ed8e81a512bab6fb838bf93f088.jpg

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
Nice job Shawn!!

Bombing IP

Nick the jacket looks good on you and as you say with a generous cut . The pictures that Shawn posted on the jacket seemed very long in the body .Now I see it on you it looks correct ,nice thing about these jackets you do not have the dilemma should I patch it or should I not patch it . Enjoy it Nick . Nice job Shawn well done .

BIP

Nickb123

Thanks guys. And the smell is about gone too. Must have been the plastic packaging. I wanted to include that tidbit; otherwise I'm pretty impressed with it! Nice and lightweight, maybe 2.5oz. Nice sturdy hardware too.

Shawn Ali

Here she is. Fits just as I tend to like (roomy) and a great jacket built just to my specs. Chemical smell is actually there, but I have it out getting some air. I suspect it is the plastic it's wrapped in and it seems to be going away right away. Thanks Shawn.
View attachment 15850
Dear Nick,

You are really looking nice, and many thanks sharing your kind review on it, Its absolutely made on your custom sizing and looks nice, Regarding smell its just packaging and fresh leather will vanish in an hour after opening the parcel as we use special waxes to make its feel nice before packaging.

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Nick the jacket looks good on you and as you say with a generous cut . The pictures that Shawn posted on the jacket seemed very long in the body .Now I see it on you it looks correct ,nice thing about these jackets you do not have the dilemma should I patch it or should I not patch it . Enjoy it Nick . Nice job Shawn well done .

BIP
Dear BIP

Thanks for your kind remarks and appreciations on that.

Shawn

Nickb123

Dear Nick,

You are really looking nice, and many thanks sharing your kind review on it, Its absolutely made on your custom sizing and looks nice, Regarding smell its just packaging and fresh leather will vanish in an hour after opening the parcel as we use special waxes to make its feel nice before packaging.

Shawn

It's a keeper. Many thanks again.

johnwayne

Sorry chaps don’t wish to be a party pooper here but the Hartmann is so wrong! Sleeves to long, collar wrong shape, pocket flaps wrong shape and too big and overall the jacket is far too blousey!! Yes I know it’s very keenly priced and the orangey brown version, no!! Similarly, the earlier A2 - whats going on with that overly contrasting stitching(?) and maybe the pic but looks too dark, almost black. I await the flak but these are far from faithful reproductions - sorry just being honest in what is turning into a 5 Star advertising thread/platform.

Shawn Ali

Sorry chaps don’t wish to be a party pooper here but the Hartmann is so wrong! Sleeves to long, collar wrong shape, pocket flaps wrong shape and too big and overall the jacket is far too blousey!! Yes I know it’s very keenly priced and the orangey brown version, no!! Similarly, the earlier A2 - whats going on with that overly contrasting stitching(?) and maybe the pic but looks too dark, almost black. I await the flak but these are far from faithful reproductions - sorry just being honest in what is turning into a 5 Star advertising thread/platform.
Dear Johnwayne

Thanks for your kind messgae well that is a custom jacket sleeve and all measurements were provided by Buyer Thread colour was also suggested by him, other pattern developments can be made on your demand if you wish to buy... I invite you to give me a chance to prove you our expertise, if you will buy one I will make all mentioned points according to your true taste..

Shawn

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Sorry Shawn, hopefully my critique is seen as constructive, I have no reason to ‘put down’ your jackets but as to me buying one then I already have far too many jackets as it is!!

I agree constructive critique is fine but don't leave the man hanging without a life line .Give him examples and pointers to make it a better jacket ,remember Shawn is a new member and does not have the wealth of knowledge that many on this forum have and he is running a business full time . Many have said he makes a jacket for $99 that looks like it is $99 worth but he wants to and is willing to be guided by our input I give him credit as he has taken a lot of Flak . Although some of our members have given him a lift with good information he is on the right track and improved 150% . Once there it will benefit all who have an interest in Flight jackets at a good price with excellent quality . As I have said in the past he has never argued or disagreed with any member comments but has come back with something better and said thankyou all .

BIP

Nickb123

I can also tell that this goatskin will age niceley despite being chrome tanned. Some arm creases are already developing. More pics to come.

Regarding

All fair points. And I agree that this isn't a really faithful reproduction-that was never what I sought! I don't think this Luftwaffe model has had the input like the A-2, A-1, and M-422a has. Even those models still need further revision.
This one has the generic Five Star label too.

I simply admired the style when I saw it on ebay and wanted to give it a try; and was also impressed with the creative collaboration seen on here.

Shawn Ali

Sorry Shawn, hopefully my critique is seen as constructive, I have no reason to ‘put down’ your jackets but as to me buying one then I already have far too many jackets as it is!!
Dear Johnwayne

Yes I take your message 100% as constructive perspective.. That would be my pleasure infact a great honour if I can make a jacket at your guidlines for you.. But its fine if you have many... Anywhere if you thought I can improve my jackets I will surely be happy improve them

Shawn

Shawn Ali

I agree constructive critique is fine but don't leave the man hanging without a life line .Give him examples and pointers to make it a better jacket ,remember Shawn is a new member and does not have the wealth of knowledge that many on this forum have and he is running a business full time . Many have said he makes a jacket for $99 that looks like it is $99 worth but he wants to and is willing to be guided by our input I give him credit as he has taken a lot of Flak . Although some of our members have given him a lift with good information he is on the right track and improved 150% . Once there it will benefit all who have an interest in Flight jackets at a good price with excellent quality . As I have said in the past he has never argued or disagreed with any member comments but has come back with something better and said thankyou all .

BIP
I really appreciate your very inspiring message to improve my work.. I really respect all the members at VLJ and always try to learn and improve..

Much Obliged

Shawn

Shawn Ali

I can also tell that this goatskin will age niceley despite being chrome tanned. Some arm creases are already developing. More pics to come.

Regarding

All fair points. And I agree that this isn't a really faithful reproduction-that was never what I sought! I don't think this Luftwaffe model has had the input like the A-2, A-1, and M-422a has. Even those models still need further revision.
This one has the generic Five Star label too.

I simply admired the style when I saw it on ebay and wanted to give it a try; and was also impressed with the creative collaboration seen on here.
Thanks for all your input and feedback.. I will be happy to make any improvements like in A1 and A2.. That would be much appreciated.

Shawn