FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

Ep_1979

Which contract?
Looking again at my measurements I’m maybe closer to a 41 so that’s why im
Not sure, I’ve spoken to Shawn on email and I think XS seemed closest and matched the measurements of a jacket I have at home that fits well. I’m only nervous as I have a Wested jacket 38 that fits well, it’s hard to tell if I should size down a little as the leather may loosen over the years but don’t want to make it too small, or too large!

shawn is super helpful and offered to have it custom fit but I don’t want to make changes just for the heck of it and getting it all wrong
Hi, My build is similar to you and I have a Size 40 Fivestar A2 from Shawn in his bronco pattern. It’s in Seal Goatskin with Olive knits and kaki lining and I love it. I ordered a 38 first and it was too small for me, the 40 is pretty much perfect. Pics below:

1A694EE2-6AC6-46A4-B8AC-DC938C2D3C04.jpeg
5D4B366D-2798-4BED-AAEF-30D303220ED0.jpeg
FE536EE6-9C74-40EF-AB8D-21E7C2C31E5E.jpeg

mulceber

I actually think it would be best to consult with Shawn on this. A-2s are commonly worn a size large anyway: for example, my chest measurement is a 40, but I almost always wear a size 42 in A-2 jackets. This may or may not apply to sizing a Cossack. Shawn will be better able to advise.

JimO

Chest 40'
Shoulder 18'
Arm 24"
Neck 16"
Waist 34'
Hip 32'

Height 5' 10"
You & I are virtually the same size. Typically, I wear a size 42, M-L jacket, from most manufacturers.

I recently had Shawn make me a size "XS/40" (don't be swayed by this nomenclature) Doniger with virtually the stock sizing which fit very well.

He just made me a Werber with a minor shoulder tweak to (hopefully) optimize the fit. It is in transit and will hopefully arrive next week (according to DHL, it's been stuck in Pakistan for the last 3 days!!) and we'll see if we got it right.

If you go by the 5* chest measurement (in red on the size chart) as a starting point, measure one of your existing jackets that fits, send those numbers & your body measurements and run all of this by Shawn, he'll get you close.

Good luck!
iso.jpg

Ep_1979

I actually think it would be best to consult with Shawn on this. A-2s are commonly worn a size large anyway: for example, my chest measurement is a 40, but I almost always wear a size 42 in A-2 jackets. This may or may not apply to sizing a Cossack. Shawn will be better able to advise.
I agree, definitely speak to Shawn first!!

stanier

Of course just my opinion but something I'm not getting, is why Shawn puts inch number sizing (cool) on the jackets but sells them by the XS, S, M, L etc malarkey (uncool).

ButteMT61

Of course just my opinion but something I'm not getting, is why Shawn puts inch number sizing (cool) on the jackets but sells them by the XS, S, M, L etc malarkey (uncool).
All things being equal, tags with numbers or S, M, L, etc. are all worthless, but I'd rather have a number, a la 48 than XXL inside...the lettered sizing reminds me of mall jackets.