• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A2 JACKET

Shawn Ali

You said last year, you were ordering the better sheepskin. What happened?
Yes I was working and ordered as the D1 we produced, but that was not as expected, Now I have an original B3 Jacket with me as a reference, I will try my best to make this as accordingly.

Best Regards

Shawn

So, i recently got my hands on a Willis and Geiger Russet brown cowhide A-2 jacket from Shawn, with russet brown threads and Russet brown cuffs and waistband. All i can say is that i am very pleased and even surprised by the quality of the jacket, especially given the price. Five-star's jackets was my only option on buying an A-2 jacket as i was on a tight budget. The jacket is size 38 and has a special order blue wool lining.
IMG_20200102_153220.jpg
2020-01-02_20.19.53.jpg

As requested by Shawn i deleted the photos where the label is visible clearly, as to avoid any trouble regarding copyrights..

Last edited:

busdrivermike

Sorry for that i am not used to postings pics
that looks
that’s a beautiful jacket, the liner looks very warm, how is it for sliding in and out of ?
Pics like yours make me feel very confident that when I send my vintage motorcycle jacket
To Shawn to be reproduced in my size it’s gonna turn out very nicely:)

Flash Badger

Looks great Chris.
Aside from the liner, is it an “off the rack” size or did you give sizing instructions and knit colour? Also, can I be rude and ask how much? I’m tossing up between the A2 and G1 models as Shawn seems to have a great product here, might even get both!

Otter

I bought a stock G-1, measurements are spot on. I asked for extra grainy goat and that is what I got. For the money it can't be beaten, it is my current go to jacket.

Shawn, looking forward to seeing your take on a B-3.

Looks great Chris.
Aside from the liner, is it an “off the rack” size or did you give sizing instructions and knit colour? Also, can I be rude and ask how much? I’m tossing up between the A2 and G1 models as Shawn seems to have a great product here, might even get both!
Size is 38 or 3XS(no custom sizing) as seen in Shawn's website. I might have needed a size 2XS or just XS for the fit i desired, but it fits well nevertheless. I did specify to Shawn that i would like the knittings (cuffs and waistband) to be russet brown. If I remember correctly it cost me 210$ including shipping.

busdrivermike

Size is 38 or 3XS(no custom sizing) as seen in Shawn's website. I might have needed a size 2XS or just XS for the fit i desired, but it fits well nevertheless. I did specify to Shawn that i would like the knittings (cuffs and waistband) to be russet brown. If I remember correctly it cost me 210$ including shipping.
That price for that jacket is a solid deal

Shawn Ali

I bought a stock G-1, measurements are spot on. I asked for extra grainy goat and that is what I got. For the money it can't be beaten, it is my current go to jacket.

Shawn, looking forward to seeing your take on a B-3.
Hi Dear @Otter

Thanks for your message, I am working on B3, I am also requesting some information on my new B3 Developmental Thread here
Please make some input to make this as original.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

that looks

that’s a beautiful jacket, the liner looks very warm, how is it for sliding in and out of ?
Pics like yours make me feel very confident that when I send my vintage motorcycle jacket
To Shawn to be reproduced in my size it’s gonna turn out very nicely:)
Hi Dear @busdrivermike

Please feel confident, as we will work according to your requirements.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Dear Mr. @Chris 1908

Thanks for choosing us for this custom job, It really looks a nice fit. I am also thankful for this review.

Best Regards

Shawn

ties70

@Shawn Ali ,

nice touch with the wool lining, but you should work on your own labels.....Willis & Geiger will not appreciate if FS produces jackets with their product label!

Despite any legal issues involved, I do not think that it is necessary that FS pretends to be somebody else.

Best regards,

Ties

Shawn Ali

@Shawn Ali ,

nice touch with the wool lining, but you should work on your own labels.....Willis & Geiger will not appreciate if FS produces jackets with their product label!

Despite any legal issues involved, I do not think that it is necessary that FS pretends to be somebody else.

Best regards,

Ties
Dear @ties70

Noted with Thanks, as I never intend to do something copyright or others name, I only intend to use the historical reproductions which are not anyone's legal entity.

Shawn