• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A1 JACKET

Thomas Koehle

Well when ordering a custom-sized jacket you cannot blame the taylor if something goes wrong. I had a similar experience with ordering stuff from Shawn using the measurements i gave him. The 2 jackets (1 M422, 1 A2) had been delivered in exact the dimensions i asked Shawn to produce them - they did not fit simply coz i made mistakes with the different sizes.

After 6 ordered Jackets from Shawn i'm still satisfied with his craftmanship and reliability

Changeling

Hello Shawn, I have already responded to your kind offer months ago when you made it to me and declined your generous offer, as well as stating in this thread that I recommended Fivestar for a good quality jacket, which I still do, but my interests have moved on since then. As everyone can see you continue to go from strength to strength in improving your products.

petermack09

image.jpg

Update,,I’ve been informed that I have to leave my new jacket outdoors till the stink goes,,,myself and my family have had headaches all day,,guess it’s my Eastman Air comfort for walking the dog tonight :)

Thomas Koehle

Six jackets.. That's a significant amount of real estate in the wardrobe for a relatively new jacket maker. Kudos.

I had to sell the first 2 I ordered coz they simply didn’t fit - still in the closet is 1 A2 in seal with olive knitting’s, a M422, and 2 A2 in horsehide one each for my wife and another one for me

zoomer

Well when ordering a custom-sized jacket you cannot blame the taylor if something goes wrong. I had a similar experience with ordering stuff from Shawn using the measurements i gave him. The 2 jackets (1 M422, 1 A2) had been delivered in exact the dimensions i asked Shawn to produce them - they did not fit simply coz i made mistakes with the different sizes.
Not quite understanding "mistakes with the different sizes" Thomas.
Did you measure jackets you own, that fit you well? Or just your own body?
And where did the jackets not fit?

All this will be helpful to people who may wish to order their own jacket...

Shawn Ali

Hi Dear Ken,

Thanks for making my attention, I didn't realize that its your jacket's image, This same image is displayed on I think 50 online stores, I take this as a standard image, If I realized it's specifically yours I definitely would avoid this. Please don't worry images have been updated.

Shawn

Nickb123

View attachment 21539
Update,,I’ve been informed that I have to leave my new jacket outdoors till the stink goes,,,myself and my family have had headaches all day,,guess it’s my Eastman Air comfort for walking the dog tonight :)

I've been silent on this primarily due to how many happy customers don't encounter any such chemical smell...but it was there enough in my jacket I had to do the same thing. Leaving it outside seemed to have helped, but having pets and such in the house, I decided it was best to part ways with it. Shawn was more than accomodating in offering a full refund, which I did not take up, as half of my rationale for purchase was that just maybe the money was truly improving the quality of life for the Pakistani artisans in some small way. Maybe it's just the off batch?

I think the jackets are constructed to a really high level for the money spent...if this smell thing can get fixed I'll gladly order another. Certainly shipping in a cardboard box can't be a bad initial improvement?

petermack09

I've been silent on this primarily due to how many happy customers don't encounter any such chemical smell...but it was there enough in my jacket I had to do the same thing. Leaving it outside seemed to have helped, but having pets and such in the house, I decided it was best to part ways with it. Shawn was more than accomodating in offering a full refund, which I did not take up, as half of my rationale for purchase was that just maybe the money was truly improving the quality of life for the Pakistani artisans in some small way. Maybe it's just the off batch?

I think the jackets are constructed to a really high level for the money spent...if this smell thing can get fixed I'll gladly order another. Certainly shipping in a cardboard box can't be a bad initial improvement?
Despite the jacket living in the shed,garage and in the car since I got it ,the smell hasn’t lessened,,still not allowed to keep it indoors.For the money I wouldn’t bother returning it,,will probably pass it on or try get £50 on eBay,wouldn’t sell on VLJ in case I get accused of flitting in only to buy & sell again :)

Shawn Ali

Hi Dear @Ken at Aero Leather

I knew that you are the one who warmly welcome's me on this forum, I also respect you and your seniority in this field, I never challenged anything relating to you, Instead all of the things you suggested me to be ethical I followed them although those practices disturbed my business but I am totally doing the ethical practices, I explained I was not aware that those images were relating to aero if I knew we definitely would never post them, Regarding some other jackets please be aware we are manufacturing Replica's or new jacket articles from years I recall I was unaware about this jacket and one of a customer send me these images for the first time when I was even not active in this forum I made Its first prototype and asked the buyer about this jacket also searched on the internet and found this same article is being offered by many many online stores so we post its images along with our own produced images, I came to know by your message that these images belongs to you So I intimate my staff and updated them immediately, So if unintentionally we hurt you or your image we assure we will be ethical.

If you are still not satisfied with my explanation I would welcome you to please send me all of your concerns on my personal email ([email protected]) I would be very well responsive on them.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Despite the jacket living in the shed,garage and in the car since I got it ,the smell hasn’t lessened,,still not allowed to keep it indoors.For the money I wouldn’t bother returning it,,will probably pass it on or try get £50 on eBay,wouldn’t sell on VLJ in case I get accused of flitting in only to buy & sell again :)
Hi Dear @petermack09

Thanks for sharing your concerns, Well Your jacket was even not a waxed article but Please don't worry at all If you think the smell is still there or you are not satisfied with the quality You can return this or you can replace this with any of our other jacket's you wish to have, Further if you think you can be happy with a partial refund you may also inform me regarding this I will be happy to respond all of your questions and concerns. Meanwhile I will also update the leather and quality.

Best Regards

Shawn

petermack09

Hi Dear @petermack09

Thanks for sharing your concerns, Well Your jacket was even not a waxed article but Please don't worry at all If you think the smell is still there or you are not satisfied with the quality You can return this or you can replace this with any of our other jacket's you wish to have, Further if you think you can be happy with a partial refund you may also inform me regarding this I will be happy to respond all of your questions and concerns. Meanwhile I will also update the leather and quality.

Best Regards

Shawn
Hi Shawn,,I appreciate your kind offer of a partial refund but that’s not required,,the quality of the jacket is not in question,,and it fits great.i also like the way you handle any issues regarding your products ,,every other aspect of this jacket is way above what I would expect for the price paid.if the issue of smell is resolved I would purchase from Fivestar again ,,kind regards Peter

Shawn Ali

Hi Dear @Imuricecreamman

Welcome to the VLJ, and thanks for your Interests in our Leather jacket.

Please find below some of our produced custom A-1 capeskin Leather jackets, You can also customize your jacket accordingly..
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Custom Fit with Horn Buttons
s-l1600 (5).jpg

DSC08219.JPG

DSC09368_2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Seal Brown Capeskin With Olive Green Knitting's

If you need any more information please send me an email at ( [email protected] )

Best Regards

Shawn

Imuricecreamman

Thanks, Shawn :) Is the top image the "Camel Brown"? I was thinking as light a leather as possible. Also, is this capeskin treated with a top coat or fully aniline?

Best regards

Vegard