• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A1 JACKET

Bombing IP

Yes I can make this with unbelievable price for you.. I need more images and size details too

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

We now have to supply Shawn with the details of the D1 ,he will need to see every little part of the jacket ,seams close ups of the pockets and zips ,collar straps etc etc . Then he can present us with his best effort and something you can be happy to own .So lets get posting the details as I want a D1 too .

BIP

Shawn Ali

Yes As much as I am cleared about the specs I will make an exact Prototype Please Find some of my Sheep Shearling Double Face Leather Jackets but these are in Fashion

37102 copy.jpg

Attachments

• 37101.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 255
  • 37103 copy.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 243

Pilot

Nice jacket for a cold winter night after the X-Mas Night Service for a freezing Madame...but please kindly define what it should be? a WW2 Irvin Jacket ...or?...I am trainable...?.
Please assit.
Thx.

ties70

Pilot,

In his last sentence Shawn mentioned that these jackets are from FiveStar's fashion department. He has show them just to demonstrate FiveStar's "shearling expertise" ... I least hope that this was the case .

Ties

Technonut2112

Pilot,

In his last sentence Shawn mentioned that these jackets are from FiveStar's fashion department. He has show them just to demonstrate FiveStar's "shearling expertise" ... I least hope that this was the case .

Ties

Exactly as I took it as well... :)

Pilot

Pilot,

Ties
Hi , apologies..if I missed the fashion part of it...since my last DD and BK jackets experiences, my sense of fashion or perception as fashion jackets...has been a bit desorientated...apologies to all...

Shawn Ali

Pilot,

Ties
Yes absolutely.. Its just to show my fashion tasks.. But now I will use my expertise in D1 too :)

Shawn Ali

Shawn
The shearling in the top photo looks to be the right color and looks like the right length for a D-1. Or a B-6.
Yes I am trying checking the shearlings availabilty otherwise I will import

Shawn Ali

Hi Everyone,
Please find below the attached images of the Real Australian Sheep Shearling Leather for D-1 which is available.. This Shearling has a hair length of 0.8-0.9mm You can confirm me if like to proceed with this
1.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg

ties70

Shawn,

you mean 0.8 - 0.9 cm, right? This seems to be in the thickness range that original D-1 jackets were made in.

The outside of the hide does look quite similar to the one in MeachumLake's post here https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/fivestar-leather-a1-jacket.21668/page-3#post-219500

It is hard to tell by the picture quality and the lighting in your factory.
Same goes for the "hairy side". Most guys here would probably like a more "creamy off-white", light tan hair colour...your hides look really white.

But as I said, maybe it's just the photos.

And keep in mind:

- We are talking about a prototype here!
- So, I would just take the shown leather and try to come up with your first FiveStar D-1 version.
- Don't expect that jacket to be perfect from the start...take the feedback you will get here for that first jacket, correct the pattern if necessary, worry about the leather later

Can some other guys please chime in? I am no expert in the D-1 jacket at all...I would just like to wear one :)

Best regards,

Ties

Shawn Ali

Dear @ties70

Thanks for your valuable comments, Its inner side is Beige, Outer shell colour is Brown tone, Yes I know its first prototype but I will try my best to achieve the optimum results

Thanks for suggestions once again

Shawn

ties70

We now have to supply Shawn with the details of the D1 ,he will need to see every little part of the jacket ,seams close ups of the pockets and zips ,collar straps etc etc . Then he can present us with his best effort and something you can be happy to own .So lets get posting the details as I want a D1 too .

BIP

Come on, guys!

I would assume that Shawn needs more input than just mine...

Best regards,

Ties

Obscurator

I have an Eastman D-1.

The big difference between the Eastman and the RMC is that the former has one vertical back seam (i.e. 2 piece back), whilst the RMC has vertical and horizontal back seams (4 piece).

I'm not sure whether one or both is/are true to the original, so I'm going to look through the photos of the time. Only problem is that all so far show fronts and not backs.

Edit:
B24 "Exterminator" at Hardwick - it seems D-1's came in both variations.

exM5000047.jpg

Last edited: