• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVESTAR LEATHER A1 JACKET

Shawn Ali

Here are some photos of our newly Crafted A-1 jacket. We made this with new top quality, 1.2 mm thick Goatskin leather, 100% Cotton Lining including sleeves, Real Horn Buttons, This one is made in our new Superior Grain Dark Brown Goatskin leather with high quality Knitted Rib. We also have Goat Aniline, & Goat Deer options for this jacket and we will have additional Capeskin options in the near future.
DSC07163 copy.jpg

DSC07172 copy.JPG
DSC07175 copy.JPG
DSC07166 copy.JPG
DSC07168 copy.jpg
DSC07165 copy.jpg

Technonut2112

I like how the pocket size was reduced over the other pattern. Since receiving the 'Leather Windbreaker', I really like the 1.2mm goat as well. Nice stuff! I may just wait on the Capeskin to be available for my next A-1, but the 1.2mm goat is tempting.

Shawn, if you can, please try to have at least 1.0mm Capeskin, or even better, some 1.2mm available for the A-1's...

Shawn Ali

I like how the pocket size was reduced over the other pattern. Since receiving the 'Leather Windbreaker', I really like the 1.2mm goat as well. Nice stuff! I may just wait on the Capeskin to be available for my next A-1, but the 1.2mm goat is tempting.

Shawn, if you can, please try to have at least 1.0mm Capeskin, or even better, some 1.2mm available for the A-1's...
Thanks for suggestions, From onward all of our leather Articles for Flight Jackets are above the Leather thickness of 1.0 mm.. Thanks for the help make the pocket size good. Our previous A1 had the comparatively large Pockets, We Gradually Improve this
DSC06751 copy.jpg
DSC06758 copy.jpg
DSC06757 copy.jpg
DSC06768 copy.JPG

Technonut2112

When I'm ready to order another A-1, Here's a few of the customization's I plan on requesting. You already have taken care of the smaller pockets, and a better IMO back yoke. I don't care for how the back yoke and pieced shoulder tops look on my version, although the design is correct to other high-end A-1's I've seen.

I would like the interior leather facing removed from the button-side like this (only the lining showing), and the facing on the other side cut exactly as shown, without wrapping around towards the collar like the one I have:

e9d73d4e8a9e34688149eb6e5ec10004.jpg

Of course, I'd like the pockets stitched directly through the lining like my other one, but this time, please follow-through, and stitch the pencil slot through the lining also. The one I have does not, and is just stitched into the pocket, which makes it a 'faux' pencil slot. I want it functional.

The horn buttons are a welcome addition to the jacket. Can you get them in 20mm for me? I find the ones on my A-1 and 'Waldo Pepper' a bit large, and 20mm would work well for how I want it to look. Also, can you obtain genuine bone backers for your horn buttons? I would want those as well, although nice imitation bone backers would be OK if bone is not feasible. I would also like to see said bone backers on the knit collar buttons. There are none showing on mine, which is OK since clear plastic backers were used that wouldn't have been decorative anyhow.

I would also like a 100% cotton lining in as close to the color of the example jacket I posted above as possible.

Nice, contrasting color thread like used on my first A-1 from you. I noticed that the 1.2mm goat A-1 does not have the contrasting thread..

Can you have some of the normal A-1 type labels made for your A-1's? Something like these? (please note the bone button-backers showing through the knit collar, and where the inside leather facing ends by the collar on the buttonhole side):

Man, seeing that wire hanger makes me cringe..... :eek:

IMG_2637.jpg

I'm going to try and come up with some $$ by the end of the week (it's a wonderful thing for me to only have to worry about around $150.00 USD for it), and we can build the jacket with my requested customization's here. I'll just go ahead and purchase one on eBay, and then everyone can see the production pics as it's being made.

Last edited:

Technonut2112

Noted @Technonut2112
I will do that for you for sure..

Outstanding Shawn! :) Like I said, I'll do my best to buy one from eBay by this weekend, and we can just build it here for all to see the process. If my other jackets are an indication, this A-1 with the tweaks, and being made-to-measure, should be one helluva jacket for me with most of the bells & whistles I expect from a good A-1 repro. :cool: I REALLY appreciate it!

Are you going to be able to have the A-1 labels sourced in time though? I really would like labels similar to the original as the pic above shows.

Shawn Ali

Outstanding Shawn! :) Like I said, I'll do my best to buy one from eBay by this weekend, and we can just build it here for all to see the process. If my other jackets are an indication, this A-1 with the tweaks, and being made-to-measure, should be one helluva jacket for me with most of the bells & whistles I expect from a good A-1 repro. :cool: I REALLY appreciate it!

Are you going to be able to have the A-1 labels sourced in time though? I really would like labels similar to the original as the pic above shows.
Please send me the required label here

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

zoomer

Technonut2112 said:
Man, seeing that wire hanger makes me cringe.....
Don’t worry, it’s safely on a wooden hanger now. That was just what I grabbed to shoot the pix.

Btw, how does you A-1 collar fit when closed? They look loose.

Technonut2112

Can you please suggest me a label size in Centimeters .. Length and width

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

I don't have an A-1 with those labels to measure... The best I can figure, is to look at these pics, and try to 'eye-up' a similar size. I'm not certain where to find the exact measurements, but the pics should help for size / placement. Take the tagged jacket size into consideration when scaling the label's size.. The two pics show different A-1's, both with different sized labels.. I would just try going by the one which can be read well, and try to duplicate it, and the sizing tag.

e9d73d4e8a9e34688149eb6e5ec10004.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

Last edited: