• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fivestar D1 sizing

MrProper

So I eventually committed to the Weber D1 and had it tapered from 50inches at the chest to 47 at the hem and I am very happy with the result In hind sight I might have addEd an inch to the length but aside from that It’s a great jacket for the price. Ive been spoiled by owning top tier sheepskin and the 5* does not feel as robust but the price point was not as fierce either so I’ll accept that. Happy for any feedback.
GarryView attachment 70948
Looks good.
The jacket covers the belt and so I find it perfect.

Tattoo A2

Looks good to me, and you dont have to mortgage off the house again. I have an Eastman D1 and I ordered it in a long size for my torso. I have the no legs all body syndrome. And from what you see in original photos some guys seemed to have longer jackets and some shoter, guess it depended on the maker. Anyway, I ordered a B6 a few weeks back from Five Star, I will let you all know when I get it and try to post photos.

Flash Badger

Looks good to me, and you dont have to mortgage off the house again. I have an Eastman D1 and I ordered it in a long size for my torso. I have the no legs all body syndrome. And from what you see in original photos some guys seemed to have longer jackets and some shoter, guess it depended on the maker. Anyway, I ordered a B6 a few weeks back from Five Star, I will let you all know when I get it and try to post photos.
I’d be interested to see the B6 Tattoo, thats the other option I was toying with but I liked the fact that the D1 had been tweaked since it’s release. I’m really happy with the end result tho and it’s a lot of jacket for the money.

garry

Tattoo A2

I’d be interested to see the B6 Tattoo, thats the other option I was toying with but I liked the fact that the D1 had been tweaked since it’s release. I’m really happy with the end result tho and it’s a lot of jacket for the money.

garry
When I get it I will post some photos, hopefully I will get it soon , ordered it on the 6th. Did yours take a while to come to you? Also waiting to hear from you about the A2 I messaged you about, have a good nite, Rob

Walt3r

Hi Flash, the jacket looks great and definitely not too short, I'm thinking of ordering a D1 from Shawn, does the length of the fleece have any impact on the length do you think

Flash Badger

Hi Flash, the jacket looks great and definitely not too short, I'm thinking of ordering a D1 from Shawn, does the length of the fleece have any impact on the length do you think
I don’t think so Walt. It does extend the length a little but barely noticeable I think.
Garry

adfrost

Ive been spoiled by owning top tier sheepskin and the 5* does not feel as robust but the price point was not as fierce either so I’ll accept that. Happy for any feedback.
Garry

First off - the jacket looks great! I could only dream of a jacket fitting me that well. As for the lack of robustness, could that also be because it's just much thinner shearling (by design) than a B-3? The B-3's I've had felt like absolute tanks compared to the Aero B-6 I own, but the B-6 is a far more wearable jacket. And I'm pretty sure the Eastman & 5Star shearling is thinner than my Aero.