• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fivestar B-10 prototype.... Some teaser shots

Brettafett

Shawn,

Matching olive drab knit to the cotton twill shell, and brown vintage mouton collar... By far the most common combination for B-10 jackets in WW2!
If you can get vintage brown mouton for the collars, that's would be best.
Talon zips are fine.
Personally, although alpaca is authentic, I don't think this matters so much. Rather use something soft and comfortable in the right grey colour.

WW2 Original B-10s with the 303rd Bomb Group.
B-10 303rdBG.jpgnored014a.jpgnored021a.jpg
B-10 original Ebay.jpg
Notice how the olive drab knit matches in colour to the olive green cotton twill shell, and the soft brown vintage mouton collars...
B-10 pilots1.jpg

Have a look through this thread: https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/question-to-b-10-experts.21618/

Also. Please consider a grey/ brown fleece-lined B-10 as an option. A light fleece is quite practical.

Have a look here - www.atthefront.com/WWII-Tanker-Jacket-with-polar-fleece-lining-p/usutkf.htm
ATF's fleece lined Tanker gets many great reviews for wearability.

Do you have an idea how much these will cost and when will they be available?

Thanks

Otter

I quite like the jacket that Thomas posted at the top of page 3. The colouring kind of reminds me of the NASA jackets in gold. I know its not an authentic colour but it is kind of cute.

mulceber

Has there been any movement on this project? The prototype looks great, and with a few tweaks (slightly darker shell color, taller bottom knits, right lining) I think it’ll be good to go!

On the issue of the lining, while I think it would be great to have a fleece option, I’d much prefer to get the alpaca pile lining, myself.

Last edited:

zoomer

I understand the argument that a 50 uses twice as much leather as a 36. But why the 34 and the 48 are the same price, and the 50 has to pay a high price.
Because at some point you want to discourage big people from wearing your stuff. It's a poor brand image given all the middle aged dad bods in military reenacting.

mulceber

I was just wondering that the other day. I know it’s a low priority, compared to the leather and shearling offerings, but I’m looking forward to seeing what Five Star can do with some of the late-war flight jackets.

B-Man2

I was just wondering that the other day. I know it’s a low priority, compared to the leather and shearling offerings, but I’m looking forward to seeing what Five Star can do with some of the late-war flight jackets.
Hey Jan
Sorry to jump into the middle of your conversation but what models are you thinking about when discussing late war jackets ?

mulceber

Hey Jan
Sorry to jump into the middle of your conversation but what models are you thinking about when discussing late war jackets ?

A regular B-15 (as opposed to B-15A, which I received from Bronson and am quite happy with). Right now the only options for that jacket are BR and ELC. If Shawn has the materials for a B-10, the only thing standing between him and a great B-15 repro is a pattern.:)

zoomer

interesting.

much more interesting to me: ist there any leather B-10 Version out there? I know it is far from authentic but I guess it would make a nice jacket.
It certainly would - very warm. Seal goatskin would be my choice, as the pattern is basically a G-1 with a plain back.

D97x7

It seems to be in production