• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fivestar AN6552

s4rmark

Arrived this week from @Shawn Ali , the Fivestar AN6552 made from 1.2mm seal brown Goatskin . well made and good quality but I’m not happy with the width of the sleeves at the cuff. Looks like an MA-1 . I’m also hoping that the sleeves will shorten a little as the leather creases with wear .
5748EAEF-AE68-44F9-A340-9A555029C8F2.jpeg
A2A2EFD4-ABCA-44DB-8AD5-84D79528F495.jpeg
B44114C6-6B12-45E0-851D-6C7CCAE4AF51.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Well, you live and you learn.
We’ve all been there and done the same thing. It’s a process . You try to achieve a certain look by buying the less expensive jacket only to find out in the end, that you’ve bought 3 or 4 jackets and spent more than you would have, if you had just bit the bullet and bought the top tier jacket . My collection is full of those early mistakes . Take heart in knowing that most of us here did pretty much the same thing .;)

ausreenactor

Chris 55

Still good looking jacket for the money
Is this made from any original.
Have you fed this back to Shawn.

ties70

What Couchy says about the pants is absolutely true!

Fit wise: I would give the sleeves a chance to break in, let the tunneling set in a little more. If the opening still bothers you in a month or two, this could be an easy job for a local seamstress... I had something like this done on various of my jackets, not FS, but different makers, and the costs for minor tapering were never more than 25 to 40 Euros.

What looks like an absolute plus on this jacket is the back view: Hopefully gone are the days of bat-suit-like squarish shoulders. Were the contrasting seams done as a customization? Like it somehow... Again, probably an easy fix with some moderate use of dye...

Overall not a bad jacket!

Ties

ties70

To freely quote Germany's famous designer Karl Lagerfeld: "Whoever leaves his home in sweatpants...has lost all control over his life!"

I would count PJs in.

(Says the man who can be found wearing nothing but swim shorts an a rubber unicorn...)

Ties

adfrost

We’ve all been there and done the same thing. It’s a process . You try to achieve a certain look by buying the less expensive jacket only to find out in the end, that you’ve bought 3 or 4 jackets and spent more than you would have, if you had just bit the bullet and bought the top tier jacket . My collection is full of those early mistakes . Take heart in knowing that most of us here did pretty much the same thing .;)

I think the bottom line with FiveStar is that they are more custom that something you’ll get from other makers. The higher-end makers have their contracts, which they strictly adhere to in regarding to matching the materials & hardware of the originals as much as possible.

Five Star offers a bunch of leathers options, knit & stitching options, infinite sizing adjustment, etc. While that‘s great, it also offers more chances for a buyer to “make mistakes”. Of course if you provide better knits & hardware than what he offers, he’ll put those on the jacket too (like the rib-rack knits I got on my Ill-fitting G-1 jacket).

What looks like an absolute plus on this jacket is the back view: Hopefully gone are the days of bat-suit-like squarish shoulders. Were the contrasting seams done as a customization? Like it somehow... Again, probably an easy fix with some moderate use of dye...

Overall not a bad jacket!

Ties

This looks like the pattern based on the Buzz Rickson William Gibson G-1, which fixes the overly broad shoulder issue with the previous pattern. Perhaps the larger sleeves are also feature of that pattern? Personally I think the jacket looks great, contrast stitching and all (which - yes - is an option), although I would’ve gotten different knits.