• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fivestar A-2 Star Sportswear... Photos of the first jacket

ties70

Got these from @Shawn Ali to share here...

received_348745136630039.jpeg

received_2873577849523496.jpeg

received_4010987652281695.jpeg

received_2632817827011001.jpeg

received_233041255323957.jpeg

received_231131698825592.jpeg

received_272407391347264.jpeg

received_932690950627286.jpeg

received_210762267582697.jpeg

received_228460895597141.jpeg

Part II coming...

Ties

mulceber

Nice work! I agree with Brett: pocket flaps need to be more scalloped and the collars pointier.
I’m not a huge fan of the color either - does it have a purplish hue?

I’m with you guys, especially regarding the pocket flaps.

On the purple hue thing, I THINK that’s just Shawn’s camera. It’s come up a number of times that his jackets look really purplish when he photographs them, but that isn’t how they look. It’s pretty weird though seeing a dark seal Star.

Juanito

Love the jacket and the Star is my favorite contact, but why the obvious "errors" on thing like the unpainted under arm vents? The Poughkeepsie has painted vents, why not the Star since the original has them? Why silver snaps in the pockets (may be glare)?

Iron out a few of these minor issues and I am a buyer.

CBI

IMO, the only thing really left for Shawn is to come up with some really period looking cowhide that has a vintage look. I am saying cow in hopes that an inexpensive hide with some character could be found and used that is within his amazing price point. I don't think its possible with horse (being INexpensive). He did get the goat right with the Dubow hide. I know, there are those final small details but he's really about there!

mulceber

Agreed - Shawn has mentioned in the past that a lot of his hides come from animals that were slaughtered for Eid. So probably lots of goats, lambs, and some cows. Horses are probably harder to come by. I think if he could make a good batch of cowhide that resembles the leather on the originals he's acquired, that would be a good, cost-effective leather.

WingAndaPrayer

IMO, the only thing really left for Shawn is to come up with some really period looking cowhide that has a vintage look. I am saying cow in hopes that an inexpensive hide with some character could be found and used that is within his amazing price point. I don't think its possible with horse (being INexpensive). He did get the goat right with the Dubow hide. I know, there are those final small details but he's really about there!
I’m sure some here will call this blasphemy, but I prefer steer hide to horse hide.